• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

The Clash Blaster is hands down the worst designed weapon I have ever seen in this series.

It doesn't paint.
It doesn't kill unless you get right next to them, which applies to EVERY weapon.
It restricts your movement to a crawl which wouldn't be that much of an issue if it could paint even a little so you could do jumping shots or swim away.
It guzzles ink.
It has the Stingray special.

What the hell were they thinking when they made this?? And the Neo version coming later has the Sprinkler? Are the designers just trolling with this?

clearestblue

Neo Member
Man, the Sploosh o Matic sucks shit when it comes to the Mothership. The range is barely there to even hit it when it starts sucking up the eggs.

Another day of Salmon Run, another day of spamming the FUCK out of the This Way button on goldie rounds, another day of losing on goldie rounds because people refuse to come.

Needham

I don't know who you guys end up playing with, but I made it to 310% pay in Salmon Run before I got my first pay cut today. Only 2 losses in the third wave too, otherwise nothing but winning.

This weapon set is too powerful. Seems people are much better at the game if they don't have to charge their weapons up, or mash the button to attack. Everything is just aim and shoot. Everyone can survive on their own if they have too.

I don't know who you guys end up playing with, but I made it to 310% pay in Salmon Run before I got my first pay cut today. Only 2 losses in the third wave too, otherwise nothing but winning.

This weapon set is too powerful. Seems people are much better at the game if they don't have to charge their weapons up, or mash the button to attack. Everything is just aim and shoot. Everyone can survive on their own if they have too.

Is it just me or do half the guns not have enough range to reach the steel thing's head

Jintor

yeah terrain advantage is very good against steelheads, you should be trying to kite them near ramps and shit

NEED MORE SALMON RUN MAPS

someone wonderful god extracted the music, until an ost comes out i can finally get this shit on my phone w/out youtube when i get home

tsundoku

I'm being held down at like 2XX% because my friends arent very good at most of the weapons, so when i queue up for random i get thrown into the hellpit of incompetent 200% players who instantly wipe and take me down to 170

and then 170 is so easy i can carry any team until i get back up to 2xx

if you're in the 300 range you're probably only playing with competent players and not likely to wipe ON WAVE ONE three times in a row

Saw this on twitter. Don't know if it was posted. Really cool fan edit.

DHlEZc9UIAA9LNn.jpg:large

I'm embarrassed to say I'm stuck in the single player tutorial level. Haven't been this lost in a long time. Asking me to find 3 more fish...

Jims

Salmon Run, 250% paygrade.
3 players (disconnect was in Wave 1).
Final wave.
Mothership Round, low-tide.
They don't give us the .96 Gal nor Stingray.

...We tried our best. I think it was doable (we got 8/11), if we had tracked down the flyers better and more efficiently. Tough setup, though.

I really like the .96 Gal in this comp, despite that unfortunate round. It can solo umbrellas and Steelheads, which is really nice to have for boss management.

random25

I'm embarrassed to say I'm stuck in the single player tutorial level. Haven't been this lost in a long time. Asking me to find 3 more fish...

Shoot ink while traveling the hub. What's not inked is basically the area you haven't accessed yet so you'll know where you need to search next.

Wow I made it through a goldie round - but I actually had to hold the this way button down the ENTIRE round. They kept fucking off into the abyss for no reason.

BiggNife

I guess the reporting actually works because I just checked my plaza and right now I don't see any negative stuff. At least the plaza can be moderated by the community I guess.

MGrant

Ya

I mean in the second world there's like puzzles in the world that involve speed running through it to get balloons and I can't do it

You don't have to do those, the prize is like 10 power eggs. The only hub puzzles you have to do involve finding a path to the kettle.

Hazu

I was expecting bigger updates for Splatoon 2, and comparing with the first one, it seems like we're not getting that much after all. I really hope there's a big update coming soon... Anyway, just to compare the first month of each game :

Splatoon (Wii U)
Release date : May 29th 2015

June 1st : N-ZAP '85
June 5th : Inkbrush
June 13rd : Splash-o-matic
June 17th : Custom E-liter 3K
June 17th : L-3 Nozzlenoze
June 24th : Luna Blaster
June 27th : Carbon Roller
June 27th : Custom Dual Squelcher

June 1st : Port Mackerel
June 10th : Kelp Dome
June 20th : Bluefin Depot

Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Release date : July 21st 2017

July 23rd : Inkbrush
July 28th : Dualie Squelchers
August 4th : Sploosh-o-matic
August 11st : Splat Brella
August 18th : Classic Squiffer

And the Shifty Station stage during the first Splatfest

Kyrios

Actually had a great night of Salmon Run for the first time since...like launch lol Shocked that I had extremely competent teammates.

Mediking

I was expecting bigger updates for Splatoon 2, and comparing with the first one, it seems like we're not getting that much after all. I really hope there's a big update coming soon... Anyway, just to compare the first month of each game :

Splatoon (Wii U)

Splatoon 2 (Switch)

There's just gotta be a huge Nintendo Direct coming soon to address this and other stuff. There's just gotta be.

ChrisD

Overtime and the team hopped off tower

I repeat, OVERTIME and team hopped off
We only needed FIVE MORE POINTS

Then they all three died, leaving just me

This is freaking ridiculous. I team wiped in the game prior to that and I was the only tower rider, we didn't even need many more points to gain a lead. Of course, we didn't get it because tower was moving so slow.

I need the GET ON THE TOWER image right about now...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Splatoon (Wii U)

Splatoon 2 (Switch)

The lack of new maps is disturbing.

KingBroly

Banned
High Tide on today's Salmon Run map is a fucking disaster. It doesn't work at Overachiever or higher. Too much shit going on, no room to move

watershed

Banned
I think new maps are coming. What I'm no longer expecting but would love is a new mode. I think Splatoon 2 is now feature complete from that perspective and all the new stuff will be weapons and gear.

Doorman

The Clash Blaster is hands down the worst designed weapon I have ever seen in this series.

It doesn't paint.
It doesn't kill unless you get right next to them, which applies to EVERY weapon.
It restricts your movement to a crawl which wouldn't be that much of an issue if it could paint even a little so you could do jumping shots or swim away.
It guzzles ink.
It has the Stingray special.

What the hell were they thinking when they made this?? And the Neo version coming later has the Sprinkler? Are the designers just trolling with this?

Painting is indeed a problem with Clash, but it's a problem largely shared among the whole class (albeit the Clash is arguably the worst of them from the straight perspective of covering un-inked turf consistently). If you want to form a line to swim through, you need to fire at least two shots before you start to swim or else you'll wind up with patches missing. I wrote a nice post a few pages ago that breaks down how it compares to the other blasters inking-wise.

It's an...interesting weapon. I wouldn't call it strong, but I believe that labeling it as the worst-designed weapon in the entire series isn't fair to it either. You don't want to go trying to solo base-invade with it or anything given its inking deficiency, but the fast fire rate gives it a certain other maneuverability that the other non-Rapid blasters lack, and between that and using splat bombs wisely it's not so hard to keep fights on your terms. Its blast AoE is near or just slightly smaller than the regular blaster, but I believe it's a little larger than rapid blaster bursts, and the quick firing rate makes it very useful for catching people around corners or racking up damage on grouped-up enemies. The entire kit is built around the ability to apply pressure and harass opponents from around and through cover. It punishes anything in the not-quite-Splattershot range i.e. Aerospray, Octobrush, Splash and Sploosh. Stingray isn't the strongest special by any means and I do think it's an odd fit for a weapon that otherwise brings you closer to the front than not, but it too can shine against enemies you can't otherwise move in on.

It's definitely a ranked weapon more than a turf war weapon, and even then definitely something that works more as a complimentary piece to something else rather than a weapon to try and carry with, as having someone else to help clean up ink while you cover/harass opens up your options a lot more. For now it's filling a hole for me that was formed out of my huge disappointment with the default Blaster and its kit (which is even harder to try and get in on anyone with even with its better ink-trails) and despite its flaws I'm still happy it's here.

The original game's Custom Jr, and this game's Goo Tuber are both worse-designed anyway.

KingBroly

Banned
I wish you could use the Power Eggs you collect in Salmon Run for your Single Player weapons. It just seems so pointless to get them otherwise.

Saw this on twitter. Don't know if it was posted. Really cool fan edit.

DHlEZc9UIAA9LNn.jpg:large

I wish these were official. I don't particularly like the female styles the game offers and ended up just picking the classic, but I could have easily gone for the (left to right) first or third ones in that pic.

I wish you could use the Power Eggs you collect in Salmon Run for your Single Player weapons. It just seems so pointless to get them otherwise.

Yyyyyepp.

Does anyone else think the maps in Splatoon 1 were better? Maybe it's my nostalgia, but I miss a lot of them.

Or even from lobby
...or in Sheldon's test range :|

In both the lobby and test range you can. Press X or + and there are prompts for the options menu.

Nelo Ice

Banned
O man that was so fucking clutch. Was on a massive losing streak in Rainmaker and just won a game in Mussleforge fitness. I basically soloed my path and got through the grind rail entrance barely. The guy shooting me missed by inches before I was able to get onto the rail. We would have lost the game if I didn't get the massive distance lead doing that.

Doorman

How are we ahead of schedule when they got 3 new maps in the first month?

Because we started Splatoon 2 with more maps to begin with, is what he's saying.

Even moreso if you consider the two Salmon Run maps, which sounds a little picky I know, but that is a pretty significant chunk of new content that Splatoon 1 never had, let alone within a month of release.

Cartho

I'm stuck in Part Timer and got up to 90/99 and then lost 6 rounds in a row in wave 1 / 2. In 4 of those rounds we had high tide and steel eels early. My team all followed me when the eel was chasing me instead of running behind it. It's so infuriating. I'm not playing SR again unless it's with GAFers. It's just far too frustrating for solo play.

Top Bottom