• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

It's Splat Zone and you get to 5 seconds left (not even seconds as the counter goes quicker than that) and you manage to lose control and /never/ get it back and they win in like triple overtime. Nice f*cking game, team.

Edit: Just wondering, when my team is losing and there's no coming back and I just spam Booyah as a sarcastic "great job guys" are they understanding that? Hope they're not accidentally taking it as encouragement like "we can still do this!"

umbra

"I wish my dad was real" right next to "I wish Harambe was real" ... sometimes messages being paired up seems like too much to just be coincidence

Plum

Finally I get to Level 10. Excited, I start my first ranked match; it's Rainmaker. The match begins and, for the first few seconds, I'm inking the spawn instead of going forward.

72958984.jpg

My face when I finally get back to Overachiever after losing it on Saturday and having 3 hours of bad runs tonight aswell:

- snip -

This game, man. It's brutal!

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. I've been here most of my time and met precisely one team that knows what to do with the valve and golden salmon section. Every other time has been a failure. Good luck to staying in this time, I've dipped out and in at either end and find it the most unpredictable.

deoee

At least 2 people with tri slosher every time. Needs a range nerf and more point required to use Ink Armor.

In splatzones it just destroys every attempt to take over the zone because of the huge range + area it covers.

The whole kit is just stupid when you include ink-armor

In splatzones it just destroys every attempt to take over the zone because of the huge range + area it covers.

The whole kit is just stupid when you include ink-armor

Meanwhile, the clash blaster has terrible range and its special is Sting Ray.

Seriously though, playing splatzones right now and it sucks that I have to use a jet squelcher just to try and outplay it. And even then with ink armor they just throw caution to the wind and rush us down.

ChrisD

Random Salmon Run be like

Suicidal tendencies aside, these guys were pretty good. I just noticed the huge gulf in eggs collected and saving teammates and had to screencap it.

Back to Profreshional now.

This is the most frustrating Salmon Run I've had since launch.

I have the E-liter: No steelheads spawn
Next round I get the roller: Steelheads everywhere, sniper can't touch them

Edit: Next game was a 0 egg run. This is amazing. Cohock wave and I got Maws'd out of a cannon and team wouldn't revive.

Past the point of being mad, just slowly grinding my way to that super bonus, but on paper it shouldn't be THIS rough.

pringles

Doing alright in SR (profreshional). Nzap kinda sucks but otherwise the weapons work okay. A bit more 3rd wave wipes than usual but that's no biggie.

ChrisD

PumpTrack is officially garbage tier map for every Ranked Mode.

Coincidentally, it's also given it to me ten times in a row.

I've also gotten a Green Bucket that somehow failed to kill someone at point blank range, missing five shots befor dying themselves. They landed on my team three times despite me leaving lobby with the sole intent of gettin away from them.

Could I just get a map that's not OG Moray Towers on Tower Control bad?

ChrisD

I like pumptrack zones

shit gets wild

That's the map/mode that told me it was bad.
Rainmaker was what told me it's frustrating.
Tower Control sealed the deal.

It's like Walleye Warehouse but without the flanking opportunities. It's too easy to hold down the whole fort, and whoever gets the first grab will pretty much always win. Especially in Rainmaker.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish it would go away and we could just get Warehouse back.

ChrisD

We... Almost lost... A spawned in 4v3...

We had to Overtime win.

I'm done. I'm legitimately stressing out.
That should never happen. Ever. They brought it to 14! FOURTEEN

We had to ride from 14 all the way to 13, since we were still stuck at 47.

There are no excuses from any of us. I give a thumbs up to the enemies for the play, but I'm too busy not being able to get over the fact we sucked so much to nearly lose a 4v3 to really feel impressed.

I should just deal with the fact I'm a garbage Tower Control player and leave the mode alone. I'm sorry to all the teams that kept getting me. No more TC, so at least they don't have to worry about that anymore.

phanphare

Banned
That's the map/mode that told me it was bad.
Rainmaker was what told me it's frustrating.
Tower Control sealed the deal.

It's like Walleye Warehouse but without the flanking opportunities. It's too easy to hold down the whole fort, and whoever gets the first grab will pretty much always win. Especially in Rainmaker.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish it would go away and we could just get Warehouse back.

I don't know, most of the splat zones matches I have there go back and forth like crazy. you can get approached from all angles which makes it very hectic and volatile.

walleye is one of the goats tho

ChrisD

I don't know, most of the splat zones matches I have there go back and forth like crazy. you can get approached from all angles which makes it very hectic and volatile.

walleye is one of the goats tho

I see back and forths constantly IF there is a Bomb Rush user. If you remove that from the mix it tends to remain fairly static in my games.

I can't stop playing Salmon Run.

I don't know why I even try. I think, over the past two or three days, I have consecutively lost the last 15 salmon runs. I'm not the best at it, but fucking christ, I am ok at the rest of the game. I don't know what it is...shit teams, or what...not sure I even care at this point.

Dyle

Good evening of Splatoon, made it to S+ in tower control, which is my lowest ranked mode, watched myself play alongside a Twitch streamer, and had four excellent salmon runs. Teams are so much better at profreshional, we got 40 eggs in a single glowfly wave.

With a little network trickery, a friend of mine and I managed to use LAN mode to connect online together and play Salmon Run when Grizzco was closed. We're going to test having two others join us later on, but it worked!

You get to choose any weapon you like or have it randomize you every wave and you can choose either of the stages to play on, but the rewards are much lower. Once we got up to 400p it gave us a random drink ticket capsule and then reset back to 0p. The points in the Shoal share between 'local' and 'LAN' mode and don't reset daily, just when you hit 400p. It took a little while to get 400p with only two people. :D

Twitch highlight of showing it off to our community. Sorry for hamming it up a little for the show. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166852998

Also, hosted a Splatoon 2 LAN at 2DCon this weekend and had a blast. Couple of pictures:
This is super cool! My my time is somewhat limited, but I hope sometime to go to a cool LAN event for Splatoon 2 eventually as well :) I'm glad you were able to put this together, and I hope you had fun! It's not required, but I hope you don't mind putting together a doc or webpage to share how you conducted your LAN event setups, what pitfalls you encountered, and how you overcame those pitfalls :)

Kinda wish Nintendo would release a new stage or two already. Love the game, but after 70 hours I'd like to see something new. The first 8 stages in this game don't feel as varied to me as Splatoon's initial 5 did.

I don't know why I even try. I think, over the past two or three days, I have consecutively lost the last 15 salmon runs. I'm not the best at it, but fucking christ, I am ok at the rest of the game. I don't know what it is...shit teams, or what...not sure I even care at this point.

play with Gaf instead. On saturday I played like an hour or two with some people on the discord and had a blast. Won most of them. Generally got to wave 3 at least.

play with Gaf instead. On saturday I played like an hour or two with some people on the discord and had a blast. Won most of them. Generally got to wave 3 at least.

Good call. I'd like to do the discord thing. Have to imagine the game is a bit cooler when you can communicate with the rest of your team.

Does the bonus meter in Salmon Run reset every time you turn the game off or only when Mr. Grizz closes up shop?

I'm trying to get me that damn hat, but I only play 2-3 games at a time.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well that was a odd game of rainmaker. Won but I was the only one grabbing the rainmaker. My teammates were avoiding it like the plague.

Edit: And damn I love playing games where I wipe out the team right at the goal then go to score myself right after lol.

Does the bonus meter in Salmon Run reset every time you turn the game off or only when Mr. Grizz closes up shop?

I'm trying to get me that damn hat, but I only play 2-3 games at a time.
If you're on Profreshonal rank, you stay there, but the max-out bonus resets to 40/90 of that rank when the place closes.

Wiseblade

Finally hit level 26 and got the Dapple Dualies. These things are silly. Splattershot damage with a Jr. rate of fire and essentially the same range as standard dualies. Add to that a lightning fast roll and suction bomb launcher special and you've got what I would consider an obscene weapon set.

random25

I'm a part timer. I was close to the 200 bonus which would have gotten me the gear, but when I played again a few days later it was down to 0.

Points for rewards always reset to zero after the schedule ends. So better earn points enough to get your desired rewards before SR schedule ends.

Top Bottom