• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 sold 671K in Japan in its first 3 days (physical) (Famitsu)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Switch + Splatoon = domination.

I never expected this IP to blow up so much over there

Zelda is big in Japan - if it was on PS4 on DQXI and FFXV would have sold more than Zelda. Its just like Splatoon is massive. Thats like arguing that game XY is underperforming because GTAV sold over 70m.

I want Zelda to sell 2 million copies in Japan. I know BotW is going to do great in Japan compared to like the past 10 games so it's good. I hope it rises in Japan.

Smash?

unless you're considering that a mario spinoff

Eh I didn't feel like typing 2D and 3D Mario, Smash Mario Kart. I just put it all under Mario lol.

noshten

Famitsu do include digital codes, so some digital sales are already counted.

I do expect Amazon > Digital Codes.
There were multiple SKUs of Splatoon 2 in Amazon bestseller list - game its self was top 3 since it was announced. Digital Code was top 5 in the last 2 weeks. Splatoon 2 Bundle, Splatoon 2/Amiibo/ProController, Splatoon 2/Keychain, Splatoon 2/Splatoon Bag were just part of the other SKUs that charted in the top 100 during launch week.

Theswweet

I made a prediction that Splatoon 2 would sell 1m in Japan by the end of the month, I'm definitely feeling like that's gonna happen at this point. 671k without eShop sales and Amazon included in that? In only 3 days? What a launch.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's very likely digital numbers will also be the best on Switch so far. Splatoon is an addictive game for years, lots of people will want to have it always on.

Kurt

But i'm wondering what the digital sales are for this game in japan. Maybe its already over a million...

as it's been mentioned. Smash is closer to kirby if anything.

But I generally consider it its own thing at this point.

Ok I guess. I'm not about to argue over semantics of who owns Smash or what it should fall under. Smash was a given and I didn't feel like typing it out. 😂

-Mario
-Zelda
-Smashhhhhhh
-Mario Kart
-Animal Crossing
-Splatoon
-Pokémon

There everyone happy unless we need to break it down even more.

Eria

e717a6a0c6a0ddd7465b4155342bd633.gif

Deserved!

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Great numbers, especially compared to the first. Expecting this title to have some impressive legs.

Now release splat brella already!

KtSlime

I want Zelda to sell 2 million copies in Japan. I know BotW is going to do great in Japan compared to like the past 10 games so it's good. I hope it rises in Japan.

Eh I didn't feel like typing 2D and 3D Mario, Smash Mario Kart. I just put it all under Mario lol.

Don't worry, Zelda still outsold every PS4 game except for FF15. That's pretty good, even if it isn't Splatoon good (which is oh so good).

legend166

I wonder how long they've been holding back stock to get that 100k. 10 weeks, holding back around 7k a week?

Do we think the new Switch baseline will be around 35k?

I wonder how much of an impact local wireless multiplayer modes will have in Japan.
I believe you can play Salmon Run whenever you want locally. Not sure if you still earn Gear/rewards but I think it's something that could attract the MH crowd

I wonder how much of an impact local wireless multiplayer modes will have in Japan.
I believe you can play Salmon Run whenever you want locally. Not sure if you still earn Gear/rewards but I think it's something that could attract the MH crowd
You can, and you have complete control over the difficulty. Not sure on weapons.

Top Bottom