• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle Announced for July 21, Neon Green/Pink Joy-Cons Autumn

Would this be a good place to ask how fast the new joycons have been selling out? Like Nintendo low stock scalper level impossible fast or just within the first day of release fast? I'm in the US. Just got a switch and really want the Splatoon joycons and I'm assuming
hoping
they will be released here.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I started typing up a thread about Splatoon 2 accessories but bailed before I got too far in. Would anyone be interested in such a thing?

A sample:

Rz97j32.png

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - Splatoon 2 Special Edition
By Nintendo
MSRP - US $74.99 / Release Date - 7/21/17
Pre-Order Links - Best Buy / Gamestop / Amazon

AEC

Neo Member
I started typing up a thread about Splatoon 2 accessories but bailed before I got too far in. Would anyone be interested in such a thing?

A sample:

I'd be interested, but it may already be too late. It looks like pre orders for the pro controller are already sold out at BB, GS, and Amazon.

Stopdoor

A sample:

Looks like it'd just be product listings...? I feel like doing free advertising all the way to posting store links is a bit much.

Would this be a good place to ask how fast the new joycons have been selling out? Like Nintendo low stock scalper level impossible fast or just within the first day of release fast? I'm in the US. Just got a switch and really want the Splatoon joycons and I'm assuming
hoping

My local GameStop said they have only received one neon blue pair since launch. I'm a little paranoid that Nintendo low key stopped selling the neon blue and neon red joycon pairs because they are having trouble with Switch production in general. The only time I saw them in stock anywhere since launch was target.com around the time MK8 came out. Nothing since, and I check a bunch of websites every couple days.

I really shouldn't have returned my red pair to Target. =(

Gray joycon pairs are super easy to find, though.

EDIT: I realized I probably didn't answer anything you asked. I'm just expressing my disappointment in neon joycon stock. :(

Sora_N

hoping

I've never seen the coloured sets around. I wish I had the neon system now.

DarkWish

My order from Amazon Japan (green and pink joycons) is for the 21st. Everything Splatoon related in Japan is releasing on the 21st.
Thanks for the heads up. Just pre-ordered the Joy-Cons from Amazon Japan. Been collecting all the colors, and loving all the color combinations that can be done.

My local GameStop said they have only received one neon blue pair since launch. I'm a little paranoid that Nintendo low key stopped selling the neon blue and neon red joycon pairs because they are having trouble with Switch production in general. The only time I saw them in stock anywhere since launch was target.com around the time MK8 came out. Nothing since, and I check a bunch of websites every couple days.

I really shouldn't have returned my red pair to Target. =(

Gray joycon pairs are super easy to find, though.

EDIT: I realized I probably didn't answer anything you asked. I'm just expressing my disappointment in neon joycon stock. :(
Use iStockNow. My girlfriend and I have been looking for Neon JoyCons since the Switch launched and I finally got a pair last week via Newegg thanks to iStockNow, they'll be arriving Tuesday.

But yes it's total dogshit that we're 4 months out from launch and JoyCons, even Grey, are this hard to find. I can understand the console being difficult to find due to the parts battle with Apple etc but the controllers being this hard to find, after four months, on a system literally designed around multiplayer is ridiculous.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
They totally would (I have my Pro Controller preordered from them) but I think all of that stuff sold out instantly.

I see, bummer. Hopefully Best Buy reopens Pro Controller pre-orders.

My biggest concern is Nintendo's case there. As far as I can tell I'll have to import that as it's not listed at any us retailers. Any help on that one?

Flarin

Switchs are no where to be found in NA and I would kill for one of these bundles. I loved Splatoon so much on Wii U and can't wait to play this. Hopefully NoA delivers the goods. That green and pink pro controller is sick as hell too.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Gonna just buy the watermelon joycons and the original Switch I guess... Could just bought the bundle, but nope NA

graywolf323

I wonder if GameStop will get this bundle... debating returning the bundle I ordered earlier this week and hoping to get this from GameStop instead

Gila Moo

Neo Member
Anyone else ordered the Splatoon artbook back when they had it up for pre-order months ago? Mines just came in today. Hopefully they do the same with Splatoon 2.

DESTROYA

Quick question about the demo, never played splatoon before so the motion control aiming was strange to me can you turn it off and just use the sticks?
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm interested in getting this game.

Quick question about the demo, never played splatoon before so the motion control aiming was strange to me can you turn it off and just use the sticks?

Yes you can turn it off. First thing I did in the Testfire.

edit:

You can, but expect to get dominated 24/7/365 if you insist on stick controls.

I find that hard to believe.

Ridley327

You can, but expect to get dominated 24/7/365 if you insist on stick controls.

Anyone else ordered the Splatoon artbook back when they had it up for pre-order months ago? Mines just came in today. Hopefully they do the same with Splatoon 2.

Yep, it's a gorgeous book, also it's HUGE. Pretty fun looking at the early Squid Sisters concept art.

Brofield

With Blue/Red, and Green/Pink, I hope something comes out with a purple left so I can get a yellow right and maintain all wacky colour combinations.

I really hope I don't miss those JoyCon pre-orders in Canada, I'm worried they'll sell out fast

Top Bottom