• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

https://twitter.com/tafokints/status/561260083280375809

Splatoon at Apex moved to another room, and I guess still rocking.

B8n_EObCUAAeAkw.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/tafokints/status/561260083280375809

Splatoon at Apex moved to another room, and I guess still rocking.

B8n_EObCUAAeAkw.jpg:large

"Important Question: Are the Splatoon setups being moved to the new venue?"

"someone just asked the rep, they are not. it looks like its staying at the clarion today only and then its gone"
https://twitter.com/VaBengal/status/561267203262398465

If this is true. Thanks for nothing Apex.
Lets hope the japanese event will be somewhat interesting.

"Important Question: Are the Splatoon setups being moved to the new venue?"

"someone just asked the rep, they are not. it looks like its staying at the clarion today only and then its gone"
https://twitter.com/VaBengal/status/561267203262398465

If this is true. Thanks for nothing Apex.
Lets hope the japanese event will be somewhat interesting.

can't really fault Apex or Nintendo for that, it is hard to just pick up and move to a new location for them

unlike the CRTs and systems Apex has Nintendo's crews have to follow big company paperwork of approval

I bet the Splatoon setup is all restricted because it is a demo of a game they want to have a good launch with so it has to stay safe they can't just pick up and move in just hours

Damn! Nintendo is really on fire this year.

They have this, Starfox, Kirby, Devil's Third, Legend of Zelda,

Going to be a great year for the system.

can't really fault Apex or Nintendo for that, it is hard to just pick up and move to a new location for them

unlike the CRTs and systems Apex has Nintendo's crews have to follow big company paperwork of approval

I bet the Splatoon setup is all restricted because it is a demo of a game they want to have a good launch with so it has to stay safe they can't just pick up and move in just hours

I can understand Nintendo. Yet. The Apex guys?

Just to clarify, weather and parking garage collapse aren't really to blame. The venue was poor and shouldn't have been used to begin with.

https://twitter.com/JuggleRob/status/561248788116144129

If that's true. I will certainly blame the Apex guys for this.

Shy

i don't know if this is the right place to post this.
but amazon uk cancelled my splatoon about an hour ago. has this happened to any other uk gaffers. ?

Muppety

i don't know if this is the right place to post this.
but amazon uk cancelled my splatoon about an hour ago. has this happened to any other uk gaffers. ?

This happened to me too. They also cancelled my Kirby order and as I type, my Star Fox order. It seems that a few of the upcoming Wii U games are "currently unavailable" from Amazon

Shy

This happened to me too. They also cancelled my Kirby order and as I type, my Star Fox order. It seems that a few of the upcoming Wii U games are "currently unavailable" from Amazon
yep yep. my kirby and star fox too.
god. now i'm gonna have to get em from game. :(

Note: The word they use for cool is a pun with the word for squid in the Japanese (イカす/イカ). I did consider translating it as 'squid-ish' as a play on 'stylish' but thought better of it.

Why did they have to use the dark skinned squid for these images? Huh?
Soooo, if my understanding of the translations are correct, weapons and/or equips are gated behind levels? I really hope this isn't the case, or else I hope leveling up is trivial. It'd kind of suck to be locked out of equips when going into multiplayer.

KooopaKid

Banned
Woah at those new pics. I might even be anticipating this one as much as Zelda.
Love the Nintendoland's plaza "reuse". Feels like a WiiU relaunch lol.

jariw

oh ok. trying to get hyped for this I hope they release a demo before the release.

I believe the E3 coverage still covers the basic gameplay quite well. The game contains many subtle addition to the basic ink coverage gameplay mechanics, such as being able to hide in your own ink, moving slower in enemies' ink, etc.

That said, the game has evolved quite a bit since E3.

Most of the recent Japanese twitter updates were about the Japanese event:

Might as well post some pics here:

B8pbv3FCYAEMbVO.jpg

Splatoon scarf / muffler given out

And some stickers too
B8pdd2_CUAAVl-s.jpg:orig

Japanese venue before opening
B8o8srfCAAAciFe.jpg:orig

With people
B8pW-NpCEAEuvDi.jpg:orig

Real Splatoon
B8uWfpMCEAAO_FW.jpg:orig

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Splatoon muffler & stickers to be Nintendo World Store exclusive for Splatoon LE......for the first 100 people.......who draw a picture of a blooper.

DizzyCrow

Besides KND, Splatoon also reminds me of Rocket Power
latest

It would be awesome if Nintendo used the squid kids in some of the sports from this cartoon like skateboarding, roller skates, snowboarding, street hockey and street basketball, I'm tired of Mario & Co playing sports in the Mushroom Kingdom, IMO kart is the only sport that benefits from them.

Zero²;150164321 said:
I thought the twitter pics were always bullshots, but I might be mistaken.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've seen them doing anything other than adding AA/down-sampling to pics, which obviously wouldn't explain the improved look of the effects. Please correct if I'm wrong on that, though.

I am sorry but I kinda want this delayed so it can be in the oven for a little bit longer. This game has so much potential so it needs to be a fully featured finished game.

Thanks for this

No problem. Still. Why wouldn't this be a fully featured finished game.in May?

jariw

I am sorry but I kinda want this delayed so it can be in the oven for a little bit longer. This game has so much potential so it needs to be a fully featured finished game.

Thanks for this

Why do you post this remark in connection to a video of people playing the old E3 demo?

Oh wow, is that a paintbrush melee weapon? Have we seen this in action in a trailer or something yet?

Look up the first Trailer. It is not in Action but you can see it for a second or 2. Or in the last direct footage, not sure anymore.But it was there.

TheMoon

I am secretly hoping for a screenshot mode and replay posting to YouTube

Would be nice if they finally implemented a function to temp-save screenshots to the system memory (meaning it would also work online).

The game will be fully featured when it releases in May. Not sure what you're trying to say here. As jariw said, you do know they just had the exact E3 demo at APEX and the JP event, right?

Since the game has a strong focus on cosmetics, perhaps they are hoping special purchased items will be able to generate income so they don't have to charge for DLC maps. All though I also hope they won't make certain items exclusively purchasable with real money.

Exile20

No problem. Still. Why wouldn't this be a fully featured finished game.in May?

Why do you post this remark in connection to a video of people playing the old E3 demo?

Would be nice if they finally implemented a function to temp-save screenshots to the system memory (meaning it would also work online).

The game will be fully featured when it releases in May. Not sure what you're trying to say here. As jariw said, you do know they just had the exact E3 demo at APEX and the JP event, right?

Has nothing to do with the demo. We heard of this game less than a year ago. I am not sure how long it has been in dev but I just want it to be as feature rich as a Halo or COD. This game has so much potential, I would hate for it to not be fully realized because of pushing it to market too fast because of lack of games on Wii U.

Don't get me wrong I loved what I saw so far from the screenshots and e3 demo and I hope it rocks everyones socks off.

Zero²

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've seen them doing anything other than adding AA/down-sampling to pics, which obviously wouldn't explain the improved look of the effects. Please correct if I'm wrong on that, though.
That's true, but yeah it's only natural that Nintendo games look better overtime.

Has nothing to do with the demo. We heard of this game less than a year ago. I am not sure how long it has been in dev but I just want it to be as feature rich as a Halo or COD. This game has so much potential, I would hate for it to not be fully realized because of pushing it to market too fast because of lack of games on Wii U.

Don't get me wrong I loved what I saw so far from the screenshots and e3 demo and I hope it rocks everyones socks off.

Halo or COD? I highly doubt it has anywhere near that budget.
Also. Nintendo usually has no problem delaying games games if they aren't ready. Much to many Nintendo fan's frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom