• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT2| Prepare to Dye

NotLiquid

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

tH9IJpK.png

image.php

oXeiSJ1.png

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

NotLiquid

image.php

Want to get together with fellow GAFers and stage your own Turf Wars? You're in the right place.

The thread should be considered the primary means of communication. In the event that GAF is down, or for those who simply prefer it, there's also the IRC channel #SplatoonGAF on irc.rizon.net.

To access the channel, use your favourite IRC application or simply click this Mibbit link.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=#SplatoonGAF&server=irc.rizon.net

To be able to talk on channel, you must first log in by sending a message to the channel's bot, judd.

Code:
/msg judd !login password

Enter the above as you would a normal chat message, replacing "password" with the current password (quote to see): ****
In Mibbit, a speaker icon should appear next to your nickname. Please PM protomouse if it doesn't work for you.

Below is an NNID Exchange Google Spreadsheet. As of current you are free to add your own NNID.
QUOTE TO REVEAL

Please do not share the Google Spreadsheet outside of GAF. If any abuse is caught it will be privatized and all inquiries will be handled privately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile/Bandwidth-Friendly GAF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Splatoon OT

General Information
Platform: Wii U
Developer: Nintendo EAD Group No. 2
Genre: Third-Person Shooter/Platformer
Players: 8 Players (Online), 2 Players (Local)
Price: $59.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / ¥5700
Size: 1.8 GB

Release Date
US / EU: May 29, 2015
Japan: May 28, 2015
Australia: May 30, 2015

Splatoon is a brand new IP from Nintendo, and their take on the third-person shooter genre. Take control of a brand new all-star cast; a race of squid-kids called Inklings, and battle it out in an all-out turf war. Cover the territory in ink, and use the constant shifting dynamic to your advantage by transforming into a squid and surfing up the colorful splatter in high speed! In this new action game, pro-activity is always the name of the game, and each action taken counts on the messy, colorful road to victory.

The core of Splatoon is comprised of it's multiplayer. This is designed predominantly around online skirmishes, where 8 players divide into two teams, and battle it out for turf dominance. Battling online increases your Level, and will earn you plenty of perks and spoils to use in the process. Online modes come in two varieties - Regular and Ranked. To play in Ranked you need to have attained Level 10 in Regular battles. You will also be ranked by Skill levels in Ranked battles to assist matchmaking.

Turf War (Regular Battle) divides players into two teams and has them battle for who can cover most turf in the team's selected color paint.
Splat Zones (Ranked Battle) will see teams battle for control of a capture point in a King-of-the-Hill style mode. This mode will only be unlocked after a several amount of players have crossed Level 10.
Tower Control (Ranked Battle) is Splatoon's take on the similar TF2 mode Payload. Teams have to take control of a tower and deliver it to the opposite end of their point. This mode will be made available during Summer 2015.
Rainmaker (Ranked Battle) is a mode that is scheduled to be made available in Summer 2015. No info of this mode is known yet, so stay tuned.
Battle Dojo is Splatoon's local multiplayer mode. One player will use the Wii U Game Pad to play and the second player will use a Pro Controller on the TV. Both players battle to pop most balloons and collect power ups.

Featured as well is a fully fleshed out single player component with it's own set of tools and gimmicks. In Splatoon's single-player campaign (Hero Mode), you venture deep into the subterranea of Inkopolis in search of the city's stolen power source. You find yourself at the heart of Octo Valley, home to an exiled race of militant octopi: the Octarians. Here you must rely on your wit, your weapons, and your agility - and move swiftly and decisively into enemy territory!

Previous Threads:
Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

WALL OF SHAME
cOMxgrx.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The thread title...

So good I almost splat my pants

I played Monster Hunter for the first time in months and I found myself tilting my New 3DS backward and forward to aim my bow up and down.

Send help.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ahh the smell of a new thread. *Sniffs* It smells like paint.

Anyway, I am dying to play a game but alas my family is using the TV.

Doorman

It's got that new thread smell.

Smells like fish in here. Gross.

I need to finally cast my pride aside and suck it up in some GAF rooms this weekend. Perhaps tomorrow, though, too much else going on tonight and I still can't get out of "test random weapons instead of sticking with what works" mode.

Blues1990

I really want to get better with the Scattershot, as I can easily see this weapon being an essential tool in the Online Ranked Matches. Unfortunately, I still have this weird mentality that I charge into battle, while I should be staying back and providing cover fire for my teammates.

MouldyK

It's got that new thread smell.

Smells like fish in here. Gross.

I need to finally cast my pride aside and suck it up in some GAF rooms this weekend. Perhaps tomorrow, though, too much else going on tonight and I still can't get out of "test random weapons instead of sticking with what works" mode.

I might GAF it up too as I think they overhype their rooms too much.

Top Bottom