• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Hip Hop

Urgh, I played Conviction fairly recently, and even with hardware that could handle BF3 on medium/high at 60fps I'd often see drops into the 30's on low. It's the worst optimised game I've played in a long time, worse than GTA 4 even. If blacklist isn't a huge improvement I won't even touch it, nevermind how it plays besides that.

Yeah, I have a GTX 670 and can max BF3, never drops below 50.

I'm playing the first mission on Conviction today, smooth 60fps, I take a look at the crowd, it drops to 30 right away then it stabilizes after a while.

My digital deluxe version of Blacklist said the deluxe version of Conviction would be automatically added to my account but the avatar for it looks like regular edition.

I go to use the activation code they've given me for Conviction and it says it's already in use. The strange thing is I have two Conviction avatars in "My Games" on Uplay but neither of them are digital deluxe.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone preordered from the Ubisoft shop ? Just wondering when they send out the code for the game itself.

Wow

Uplay is horrible

I installed the program itself on drive H: but the games still download and install on C:

No option to change :-\

Ashtar

Dang it disc switching wtf ubi, I would get it for ps3 but I don't have the space smh ah well Xbox it is hopefully its not too intrusive

SystemBug

My brother is such a -----

O1Y88lo.jpg

It must be optional. What about all thoes people with a 12gb Super Slim?

Took another look at the back of the box, and it does indeed state "required hard drive space", which usually mean it's a mandatory install.

This is all very confusing. Hopefully someone clears this up before launch.

iMax

Their zipper lips are worrying me. Shitty port incoming??

I've played it on both PS3 and PC. Can't compare it with previous Splinter Cells, but I can tell you the PC version looks a generation apart from the PS3 code and was certainly running smoothly at ≥60fps on the machine I was using.

iNvid02

Wow

Uplay is horrible

I installed the program itself on drive H: but the games still download and install on C:

No option to change :-\

you have to manually install stuff with uplay so after its downloaded just pick drive h in the games setup

in the settings menu i think you can change the installer location, should download there iirc

This game is so much fun. I just played Spies v. Mercs for about 5 hours straight and it was a blast. The only issues I have are that I was Mercs first everytime because I had host, which means I would make sure they never get a hack completed, so when it was Spy time, I'd only have to hack one terminal and it would be over in a heartbeat. Also, the lobby time is incredibly short to have time to do anything in your create a class.

Singleplayer is pretty cool so far. Interesting story without too many cutscenes and is more fun/strategic for me than Conviction. The new proximity shocker gadget is amazing as well as the stun gun!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Will be getting a copy of the game later tonight from a local shop here in Spain for X360. I hope it's in English or has the option.

I'll get some videos up tonight of the first few hours.

MAX PAYMENT

Every version of Blacklist has a major annoyance

360: 2 discs
PS3: 12GB install
WiiU: No split screen
PC: UPlay

Pick your lesser evil.

Sober

AC:R. ACIII, Future Soldier, and Far Cry 3 all had one if I recall, though none of those were developed by Ubi Toronto.
Whoops, I'm probably talking about PC though.

Some people got the game early and there is actually a goon playing it, gave pretty good impressions and said when getting caught on normal is a bit of a challenge.

UrbanRats

So i bought a code off of ebay, redeemed it, and i still can't see Blacklist in my uplay library, is that normal? I got the email from Ubi confirming my "purchase" (says the game will activate on September 5, holy shit) but it isn't anywhere on my uplay account.
I thought it was like steam, that you can't download it but you still have it there until release?

That... is a fucking nice OP. Lose the disclaimer though, it's dumb. If people can't recognise humour, let them whine and be laughed at, like they deserve!

Anyway, nice to hear they're getting back to what made the franchise special. Or at least trying.

legacyzero

Banned
Anyway, nice to hear they're getting back to what made the franchise special. Or at least trying.

I believe it's ok for a franchise to evolve, so long as you're not screwing the fanbase that made the series popular to begin with. The hardcore fan should always take priority, but the hardcore fan must always be open to that evolution of the franchise. As long as the CORE of what made the game great is still there, I'm not mad. And Blacklist seems to be doing just that. I think the only thing that the Hardcore fanbase should be pissed about is Ubisoft ruining Sam Fischer as a character. Even without Ironside, Fischer just seems so different. I almost think they should have just used a different main character if they were going to fuck Fischer up that bad.

Have you guys that redeemed a code from an nvidia gpu gotten your game to show up in your Uplay library yet? I can't even find anything in Uplay saying I own the game. I am not sure how Ubisoft usually handles this stuff, I almost never use it.

Sober

Have you guys that redeemed a code from an nvidia gpu gotten your game to show up in your Uplay library yet? I can't even find anything in Uplay saying I own the game. I am not sure how Ubisoft usually handles this stuff, I almost never use it.
From what I have heard you should have a UPlay copy of Conviction on your account, that should tell you the redemption worked.

Dang it man, so much conflicting info, does it have a mandatory 12GB install or not, I don't want to use 2 disc but I don't have that much HD space!

Honestly, if the case itself says there's a mandatory install, then there has to be a mandatory install.

Perhaps those who claim otherwise or playing pirated copies?

Blacklist doesn't have an online pass.
Good news.

For anyone who already has the game, can SvM be played in split-screen?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

No not yet. I used the promo code that was generated to buy Blacklist for free from the Ubisoft shop. It gave me a code for Conviction but nothing for Blacklist. It's not on my games UPlay account yet either. I sent an email to support to confirm what was happening though so should find out during the week.

Bittercup

Honestly, if the case itself says there's a mandatory install, then there has to be a mandatory install.

Perhaps those who claim otherwise or playing pirated copies?
Can be a typo, wouldn't be the first. 12GB is the size of the disc; I doubt they would just dump completely everything on the HDD. And I don't think there was ever a game with a mandatory install that big.
The only other thing I could think of could be stealth install like for example Resident Evil 6 has. No install when you start the game but silent in the background when you play the game. But this can be checked in the XMB menu and 12GB still doesn't sound likely.

Can be a typo, wouldn't be the first. 12GB is the size of the disc; I doubt they would just dump completely everything on the HDD. And I don't think there was ever a game with a mandatory install that big.
The only other thing I could think of could be stealth install like for example Resident Evil 6 has. No install when you start the game but silent in the background when you play the game. But this can be checked in the XMB menu and 12GB still doesn't sound likely.

That's possible. I mean, even GTAV's install is only 8 GB, it'd be odd if Blacklist was somehow larger. However, there are a few posters on GameFaqs claiming that there is indeed a mandatory install.

I hope we can get an official answer soon.

Top Bottom