• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single MGS game (aside from 2 I guess? Maybe maybe maybe Emma if I'm really reaching) has had a woman who some form of interactive gawking is featured around. I'm leaning towards Kojima having some really weird hangups on women.

You forgot the multiple "naked" real poster grils and the psoters were even chnaged in Substance version ( a detail of a sick mind) and the soldiers watching Scott Dolph lecture on screen and when you siwtch the projector button to get a hot scene, etc...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
https://d.maxfile.ro/pofmydhxac.webm

WORDS AND DEEDS

Someone should make a Quiet thread before both this and the OT blow up lol.

Mods pls someone make one.

hsMAUD6.gif

weebay.gif

Are you aware this isn't the first MGS game to have stuff like this right?

Have you played Japanese games before?

Yes I have. However when the creator is telling you he's going for more mature/darker/taboo themes... and then tells you "you'll regret your words and deeds" the guy loses respect. Kamiya embraces his fetishistic nature - which is fine... at least he's honest about it. Hideo is a scummy guy who seems like a peeping tom that tries to lie about watching women undress. I am also aware of this, however females have been handled better AKA The Boss... and they've never been this exploited.

Salaadin

Ha! I think this game, single handedly, made me lose respect for Kojima... And I love the Metal gear series... But dude's got to mature.
Since you love the series, you should be well aware that this is nothing new. It's still not right but it's nothing new.

I don't understand how it's this scene that caused you to lose respect when the series is chock full of scenes of similar nature.

Justified

weebay.gif

Are you aware this isn't the first MGS game to have stuff like this right?

Have you played Japanese games before?

This is not suppose to be that type of games though, even with knowing how MGS can be sometimes.

I dont think anyone was expect a "My Little Sister Cant Be This Cute" "easter egg" scene

RK9039

Since you love the series, you should be well aware that this is nothing new. It's still not right but it's nothing new.

I don't understand how it's this scene that caused you to lose respect when the series is chock full of scenes of similar nature.

"Nothing new" isn't really an excuse considering we were supposed to be "ashamed of our words and deeds".

nerdbot

You forgot the multiple "naked" real poster grils and the psoters were even chnaged in Substance version ( a detail of a sick mind) and the soldiers watching Scott Dolph lecture on screen and when you siwtch the projector button to get a hot scene, etc...

I mean more like a female character in the plot and has some form of involved, interactive ogling you can do. Meryl, EVA, the whole "mess with Rose's boobs" easter egg in 4, Paz, now Quiet.

I was semi-willing to forgive the Paz shit in PW, as creepy as it was, because it served something resembling a purpose to the story and her character, unlike the previous instances of Kojima's sexual hangups. But GZ threw that out the window basically

XAL

Yes I have. However when the creator is telling you he's going for more mature/darker/taboo themes... and then tells you "you'll regret your words and deeds" the guy loses respect. Kamiya embraces his fetishistic nature - which is fine... at least he's honest about it. Hideo is a scummy guy who seems like a peeping tom that tries to lie about watching women undress. I am also aware of this, however females have been handled better AKA The Boss... and they've never been this exploited.

I mean, was anyone really expecting any different?

He said the same thing about the beauty and beast squad and then there was that whole white room thing where they pose seductively and moan while you can take photos...I guess theirs and Quiet's backstories are all tragic and whatever.

But it's par for the course for him and nearly all Japanese games.

Western audiences are obviously turning sour to that kind of perversion these days, but I don't think it's ever going to change. That's not our culture.

RK9039

How does he go from The Boss, one of the best female characters, all the way to Quiet having a shower inside a cage while several men are staring at her saying "oh she's a naughty girl"?

G7X8

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think that scene is the forced Big Boss shower scene if you don't shower for a long time but maybe if your bond is high with Quiet you get that instead of ocelot water bucket.

KOMANI

KOMANI

Because I wasn't talking about the shower scene... I haven't seen th shower seen. Check yourself.

Salaadin

How does he go from The Boss, one of the best female characters, all the way to Quiet having a shower inside a cage while several men are staring at her saying "oh she's a naughty girl"?
The same game that starred the Boss also had several "push R1 to look at EVAs tits" cutscenes. And an Easter Egg where you could view her entire bikini clad body, fully rotatable and zoomable and Xray-able, complete with transparent nipples.

Because I wasn't talking about the shower scene... I haven't seen th shower seen. Check yourself.

In my defense, Your post appears in a row of other posts about that scene. Sorry.

really drunk and going out of my mind waiting for the steam version to pop. casually clicked on this thread and started reading. WHYYYYYYY DID I DO THAT FUCK. I made it this far without any spoilers and now i've spoiled about 10 different things. why did I do this :(

I'm having a difficult time understanding why the shower scene is a big deal. Sure, to some it may be distasteful to put a woman in a cage and have men gawk at her as she showers. But the scene also has a hand in exposing this primal instinct in us all. "Why put this in a game?", one might ask. My rebuttal: why simulate murder in a game? Why give someone free reign to go on a shooting spree in a game? Call it distasteful, but it's just another variable in the vast equation of the videogame landscape that tends to leave ethical discourse at the doorstep. Very rarely does a videogame exist where some character isn't made a victim in some form.

RK9039

Stop being ridiculous. Nobody is saying that it's ok.

But that's exactly what you were implying: "Hey guys remember MGS3 had those Eva scenes where you press R1?, it's nothing new guys".

No one cares about things being new or not, we're all discussing how stupid these Quiet scenes are. I mean we're were supposed to be ashamed of our words and deeds.

KOMANI

KOMANI
The same game that starred the Boss also had several "push R1 to look at EVAs tits" cutscenes. And an Easter Egg where you could view her entire bikini clad body, fully rotatable and zoomable and Xray-able, complete with transparent nipples.

In my defense, Your post appears in a row of other posts about that scene. Sorry.
As the Who once sung.... You are forgiven.

cerulily

I'm having a difficult time understanding why the shower scene is a big deal. Sure, to some it may be distasteful to put a woman in a cage and have men gawk at her as she showers. But the scene also has a hand in exposing this primal instinct in us all. "Why put this in a game?", one might ask. My rebuttal: why simulate murder in a game? Why give someone free reign to go on a shooting spree in a game? Call it distasteful, but it's just another variable in the vast equation of the videogame landscape that tends to leave ethical discourse at the doorstep. Very rarely does a videogame exist where some character isn't made a victim in some form.

giphy.gif

MGS definitely has been one with the fan-service since the beginning, but from MGS4 onwards it's gotten a lot less silly, and a lot more insidious. Mistral thankfully stays on the silly side, but the Beauty and the Beast Units have some pretty disturbing scenes where traumatised women are being incredibly objectified as they have mental breakdowns. Poor Paz in PW/GZ is an essay in herself. Props to Kojima, with Quiet he's managed to raise the bar to a whole new objectifying level. His dedication is, er, impressive.

With Quiet we have the lone female main character of the cast that firstly doesn't speak, partially out of r-e-s-p-e-c-t (legit plot reasons!), who wears a bikini 24/7 in and out of battle (plot reasons!), who has sensual showers whilst making eye contact (lotsa plot reasons) and spends a small portion of the game with her doing all of the above on display in a cage... if you have a high bond with her, she'll also do some poses for you in the chopper. (Did the whole 'her breasts = tumors' thing end up being legit in the end?)

...at least her boots are practical? I'm looking forward to her shooting grenades out of the air, at least. (Yeah, we may need a The Good, The Bad and The Quiet thread.)

XAL

What's your point?

Perversion has always been part of the series to varying degrees.

MGS4 and Peace Walker had a bunch of perverse stuff.

The stuff in MGSV shouldn't have been a surprise, and if Quiet is something that made you lose respect for Kojima - then you should have lost that respect long ago.

This kind of "perversion" or "fetishism" whatever you want to call it, is relatively normal and therefore you could consider "rampant" in Japan and they're largely OK with it. This is a country where hentai games are chart topping best sellers fyi.

They put this kind of stuff in the game because they wanted it. It's informed from their culture, not yours.

You don't have to like it, but at least understand that what you think is perverse is not the same country by country.

-Stryder-

Does anyone have a list of all the mission?

Also does this game have a forced end where you have to make a new game in order to continue playing or do you keep on playing with all the missions unlocked after you beat this game?

I just knew that Kojima wrote MG2:SS when he was bored while travelling in the train.

Also Kojima's mother tests the games for him and she spent an entire year to finish MGS3. So if Kojima is insinuating that he is Big Boss through this game (from all the viral stuff he did through Ishamael's mask and Joakim Mogren etc), does that mean that his mum is The Boss?

MechaX

I'm not going to get too involved in this issue, but I think people are in large part taking offense with that line of logic.

Salaadin

But that's exactly what you were implying: "Hey guys remember MGS3 had those Eva scenes where you press R1?, it's nothing new guys".

No one cares about things being new or not, we're all discussing how stupid these Quiet scenes are.

Yeah...

You're putting words in my mouth in order to fit whatever agenda you have.

Good day, sir. I'm not discussing this with you anymore. It all started on my own misunderstanding anyways.

How to get it? Or is it just a skin for D-Dog? He is not one-eyed here. I saw the player using him with an eye patch so I thought it was just a skin like Sniper Wolf's skin for Quiet. Anyway, he looks much bigger than a fox and has the same model as the wolf.

How to get it? Or is it just a skin for D-Dog? He is not one-eyed here. I saw the player using him with an eye patch so I thought it was just a skin like Sniper Wolf's skin for Quiet. Anyway, he looks much bigger than a fox and has the same model as the wolf.

Probably a skin you get through bonding, like Demon-Horse or Sniper Quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom