• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the other cassette tapes implied that Venom was also hypnotized somehow in his coma to believe he's Big Boss, so his reaction (punching the mirror) would make sense if Big Boss sprung the news at Operation Intrude N313.

That would fucking suck for Venom and be a massive dick move on Big Boss's part though, as he would have been like "You're not really Big Boss, but you are your own man and are really Big Boss. Also, head's up; I'm sending someone besides Gray Fox to deal with you, so heads up man."

I could also see it as a taunt. Maybe Big Boss bought into the idea that he is this legendary amazing soldier, and he's mocking Venom Snake by pretty much saying 'By the way, you're nothing but an empty shell of me. And I'm going to prove my superiority by having you killed."

Venom Fox

Banned
I could also see it as a taunt. Maybe Big Boss bought into the idea that he is this legendary amazing soldier, and he's mocking Venom Snake by pretty much saying 'By the way, you're nothing but an empty shell of me. And I'm going to prove my superiority by having you killed."
I agree with the superiority part, it makes sense to have Solid Snake sent to kill Venom, Big Boss is a legend and Solid is the only one who can match him. Same DNA and all.

KOMANI

KOMANI
K then enjoy losing Quiet, nerd!
Well then!

So, I rewatched the fan made Metal Gear Remake trailer (that Konami was fine with first, then changed their minds...) and I thought, "there's got to be a reason for the sudden change of heart"...

GeckoPutt

Neo Member
Does anyone have any idea how to check the Bond for your buddies? I can't seem to be able to do it without finishing a mission.

Also, does anyone know why Quiet does what the f**k she likes when I take her out as a Buddy? XD I'm like, "Quiet" and she'll just stay the hell where she is. Dahell?

Hotline's stream had an amusing fight with Eli. He walks around acting like a little shit, so Ocelot decides to teach him some manners by disarming, then knocking him on his ass. He walks off in a huff, and you can go challenge him. You have to CQC him several times, but he runs around and spams flashbangs and Molotovs. However, you get the Conch Shell item (which you can use to develop the Fulton device to extract children) when you beat him.

11 years later and in Outer Heaven but still has the Diamond Dog insignia on the left shoulder?

I doubt it.

What about the operation n part on the cassette? Also, in the beginning of the game, the game tells you its outer heaven there.

I don't think that it takes place 11 years later and the fake Big Boss didn't even age. Well Venom Snake told Eli welcome to Outer Heaven since that time. Outer Heaven idea and isnigna was prepared for a long time but the Outer Heaven took much time to get created and I am sure that isn't this mother base located in Seychelles' waters but somewhhere else with solid land and jungles. Ther tape may have the infos about the whole process of creating the real Outer Heaven and testing Solid Snake to infiltrate it. That is why it was coded classified data.

The parasites gave us language.

yNen4e9.gif

Random question, is it possible to Fulton the Skulls? When I played the Code Talker mission earlier, I tranquilized them, but their bodies had a smokey blue aura, and the 'push triangle to Fulton' pop up was crossed out.

Does replaying the mission allow you to Fulton them, or is there a special Fulton upgrade later that allows it?

convo

Hey we got our photo-mode equivalent now. But who cares if i can have Fox and ma demon horse, I knew we could get that thing it just too good. And lol at the birthday party.

convo

I think it's actually believable that he didn't make the game. Konami wouldn't remove the "A Hideo Kojima" game thing. They would remove it if they didn't want to be sued over Kojima revealing he didn't make this game.

Salt of this level can't be described on a planetary scale anymore. I am bookmarking this shit on account of the lunatics that are Metal Gear -Story- fans.

Salt of this level can't be described on a planetary scale anymore. I am bookmarking this shit on account of the lunatics that are Metal Gear -Story- fans.

I get to name it then... I shall name this mountain Sodiopious! The saltiest mountain to exist upon the internet.

Well this was disappointing. Finally caved and decided to check out some spoilers and there's a whole lot of nothing in here.

I've never played the original Metal Gear games, is there any chance that
Mother Base is the base from the original game and the game ends with Solid infiltrating it or something?

I also expect that one of the last things you can research will be something Metal Gear related.

Sucks the story appears to be less of a focus, honestly MGS4 lost me a bit with it's insanity but I was still hoping for some crazy mind-fucks.

convo

Sucks the story appears to be less of a focus, honestly MGS4 lost me a bit with it's insanity but I was still hoping for some crazy mind-fucks.

You haven't read much of the thread then? You wouldn't be asking shit in spoilers if you had.
No i can't be for sure what a normal person considers 'normal' or 'tame' here. You see plenty of people in disbelieve of things that are happening at least in the detail of certain story parts.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
That artwork's lovely.

11 years later and in Outer Heaven but still has the Diamond Dog insignia on the left shoulder?

I doubt it.

The insignia of one's most recent combat unit is worn on the left shoulder (with the insignia of the previous one on the right shoulder). Outer Heaven isn't a unit but a place.

Are you serious? Cause there's no way this guy is going to have a butterfly on his emblem...unless it's a killer butterfly with fangs and claws... And eats human skin!

moremetalthanthou.jpeg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Attractive, but wouldn't that be nicer on the outside? How often will your case be sitting out open?

Phaezyk

Man, I really think the hostility and defensiveness that's popped up in here over the course of the thread is a bit... too much. Call it a case of my "newbishness" to a MGS spoiler thread on NeoGAF, but let's all try to remember that it's just a game and no poster's livelihood is at stake here or anything like that...

You know, some people are just very disappointed in the end results of the story because the previous games had elements they enjoyed and this game steers away from that for them. Some people don't like self-inserts into their games if the characterization has been sufficient for them in the previous ones. They want to experience other characters, not inject themselves into the story.

At the end of the day, can we not agree that the game-play in this game seems quite good, and works well in spite of the story which may or may not be all that good depending on who you ask? There's no need for insults and attacks just because someone doesn't see something the same way as you. Their tastes do not invalidate yours. If someone doesn't like something, why not ask why this is and press for further detail? You're almost never going to understand another person's point of view just from surface details. You know nothing about them, you don't know their background.

I'm just asking for those arguing to take a step back and gain a little bit of perspective on the other person's side. I swear I'm not trying to be thread police or something dumb like that, just catching up on posts and... man, It's not pretty.

convo

Man, I really think the hostility and defensiveness that's popped up in here over the course of the thread is a bit... too much. Call it a case of my "newbishness" to a MGS spoiler thread on NeoGAF, but let's all try to remember that it's just a game and no poster's livelihood is at stake here or anything like that...

You know, some people are just very disappointed in the end results of the story because the previous games had elements they enjoyed and this game steers away from that for them. Some people don't like self-inserts into their games if the characterization has been sufficient for them in the previous ones. They want to experience other characters, not inject themselves into the story.

At the end of the day, can we not agree that the game-play in this game seems quite good, and works well in spite of the story which may or may not be all that good depending on who you ask? There's no need for insults and attacks just because someone doesn't see something the same way as you. Their tastes do not invalidate yours. If someone doesn't like something, why not ask why this is and press for further detail? You're almost never going to understand another person's point of view just from surface details. You know nothing about them, you don't know their background.

I'm just asking for those arguing to take a step back and gain a little bit of perspective on the other person's side. I swear I'm not trying to be thread police or something dumb like that, just catching up on posts and... man, It's not pretty.

People are making me think that choosing on entering the 9/11 conspiracy thread in OT or the inevitable story discussion thread or hate-threads on this game is actually a hard decision to make if i was forced to choose.
I gladly would ignore any of that when all the people can have fun with the game, riding demon horses, fultoning everything and making bear reservoirs on their bases. Gameplay over story for me most of the time. It's inevitable that people will be to passionate about everything so let's leave it at that.

Rizzi

In hindsight the whole medic thing is super obvious.
Big Boss spoke perfect Russian in MGS3. Now he needs an interpreter?

Just made a custom box art for the game since the US isn't getting this like Japan, Asia and EU steelbook.
That's terrific. Shinkawa's art is probably one of the biggest reasons I got into the MGS series in the first place. Some promotional illustrations for MGS1 were some of the first images I saw related to the title, and I hadn't been familiar with its MSX entries. The beautiful, stylized art caught my eye and was completely different from anything else at the time (still is really), which made me want to check out the game it was for. Here I am nearly 20 years later.

I think it's actually believable that he didn't make the game. Konami wouldn't remove the "A Hideo Kojima" game thing. They would remove it if they didn't want to be sued over Kojima revealing he didn't make this game.

This is bonkers. The most plausible explanation I've heard regarding the removal of "A Hideo Kojima Production" from promotional images/boxart was so that Hideo could continue to use his name later for commerical game projects.

Look up the "Artist Formerly Known as Prince" and the way he lost use of his name birthname for commercial purposes due to it being owned under the WB label. From his wiki article:
The first step I have taken toward the ultimate goal of emancipation from the chains that bind me to Warner Bros. was to change my name from Prince to the Love Symbol. Prince is the name that my mother gave me at birth. Warner Bros. took the name, trademarked it, and used it as the main marketing tool to promote all of the music that I wrote. The company owns the name Prince and all related music marketed under Prince. I became merely a pawn used to produce more money for Warner Bros...

Now swap Prince for Hideo and WB for Konami. If Hideo officially tied his name to the commecial marketing of the Metal Gear brand - owned by Konami - he ran the very real risk of losing the ability to later make a "Hideo Kojima Production" later on after separating from Konami. Nothing would be black and white at first and would probably go to trial if Konami tried to officially claim ownership to his name or the "Hideo Kojima Production" tagline, but it's a risk he didn't need to take.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
In hindsight the whole medic thing is super obvious.
Big Boss spoke perfect Russian in MGS3. Now he needs an interpreter?

This is explained in game through the shrapnel in his head which is sort of based in reality.

Ruse or not, probably just an excuse to get some interpreters.

XAL

Dark Souls

eh, ok? Not sure what point you're trying to make. I didn't say all games, just a fuckton of them. For every Dark Souls game there's at least 100 games based entirely around lewdness and perversion. Not including all the stuff in between.

But anyways, excited the game is less than 24 hours away.

convo

By tomorrow night, fanboys are going to want Kojima's head.
... or give them an explanation at the very least.

Meh, i liked the series on account of it's fun as videogames which this game does plenty from what i can see. People taking the story as seriously as they do can cry me a river or multiple in which i will sail my cardboard-boat in.

Oh come on Kojima! You know you want to!
Jesus, CD PROJEKT and ROCKSTAR have more cojones!
BTW... cojones is Spanish for balls, a random fact you can include in the game...

Oh and I mentioned it before, Venom's role would be to take pictures and sell them online
The pictures get rated on angle, lighting and sexiness and better pictures give you more GMP

I know you're joking but that's a bit much.

Well it would be tastefully done of course and Quiet would give a thumbs up as a sign of consent'
She needs to pull her weight after all and what better way than using her .... assets?
Wasn't MGSV supposed to be dark and deal with mature topics anyway?

Real Talk... How is the above any more racy than what is already in the game?
So we get cock teased and strung along but no real payoff? How is that fair?

I'm being really passive aggressive right now and expressing my dislike of how Quiet was implemented in the game
I just wish people would stop posting webm's about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom