• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoiler thread] ACCOUNTING (VR, Vive only, free) - unmarked spoilers

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
This is the spoiler thread! Unmarked spoilers after this post.

For non-spoiler info, check out the announcement thread here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1278114

Store page (free): http://store.steampowered.com/app/518580/

Giant image to space things out:
1473780925.png

This is one of those games where pretty much any discussion of the content needs to be spoiler-tagged due to the nature of the game. This thread assumes you've played through the game, or don't care about spoiling it, so there won't be any spoiler tags needed here.

Favourite moments? Stuff to try? Little details that we might have missed?

Raticus79

--- Stuff to try ---

Here's a video playthrough with most of the dialogue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDeR_0ntvaE

ACCOUNTING 101
The core idea is that you're going into deeper levels of VR-within-VR (Inception-style) and then getting back out of them by dying.

Things are pretty straightforward in general. Wait for dialogue at each step and it'll repeat when you're at the end of it.

[Level 1: the office]

[Level 2: the woods]

[Level 3: the king of VR]

[Level 4: xylophone]
- pour acid on xylophone
- pour acid on the floor
- - keep pouring and eventually a 303 acid track starts up
- pour acid on self to progress

[Back in level 3 for your trial]
- throw defender at the jury
- throw defender at the judge
- face up while lying back in the guillotine

[Back in level 2 (woods)]

[Back in level 1 (office)]
- take gun out of top drawer. It shoots confetti
- wait for the people on the phone to hang up, then flip over the whiteboard a few times to get a long monologue from a face drawn on the back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0E5kyUjLLg
- shoot self to exit (dying one more time to exit VR and get back to reality)

Zalusithix

I will say that I didn't care for the part where you had to throw the mini defenders at the judge. Throwing stuff in VR is iffy with the current controllers and physics. Meanwhile my ceiling height limits my ability to do anything like an overhand throw. By the time I accomplished hitting the judge, the process was more tedious than funny.

Raticus79

I will say that I didn't care for the part where you had to throw the mini defenders at the judge. Throwing stuff in VR is iffy with the current controllers and physics. Meanwhile my ceiling height limits my ability to do anything like an overhand throw. By the time I accomplished hitting the judge, the process was more tedious than funny.

Yeah, that was surprisingly difficult. Glad I wasn't demoing it at that point, heh. Took me about 10 tries.

Actually, I threw one at the jury and that's when it progressed. I had a feeling there were probably multiple ways to do it.

Zalusithix

Actually, I threw one at the jury and that's when it progressed. I had a feeling there were probably multiple ways to do it.

I'm almost certain that I threw one at the jury early on, but maybe I missed hitting any of the jurors. Either that or it was something else I threw. I can't remember if anything else was capable of being interacted with there.

And speaking of interactive items, it's a pity you couldn't throw the case the defenders popped out of. After missing a number of times, I just wanted to rage and throw the source of my problems lol. They could have worked that into the story scripting well enough I think. No more defense = found guilty.

yea I threw one at the jury once they started to loop.

I havent spoiled how to get past that part to anyone in demos yet and they all figure it out, 2 people got frustrated

I'm still the only one to go with the jury though, everyone else ends up throwing at the judge

Im also the only one to lie down face up to watch the guillotine blade come down

Durante

I think my favourite moment was still standing there with the phone in the one hand, the tree-stump-vr-device in the other, while listening to the FUCK YOU treeworld-dweller with one ear and the guy on the phone with the other. The absurdity of it all really hit me there.

Runner up is the Xylophone scene. That was incredibly disturbing for how cartoony it is.

kinggroin

Banned
Outside of shooting my face with the gun and spinning the white board, is there much else to do at the end?

yea I threw one at the jury once they started to loop.

I havent spoiled how to get past that part to anyone in demos yet and they all figure it out, 2 people got frustrated

I'm still the only one to go with the jury though, everyone else ends up throwing at the judge

Im also the only one to lie down face up to watch the guillotine blade come down

Haha did all this stuff too.

I think my favourite moment was still standing there with the phone in the one hand, the tree-stump-vr-device in the other, while listening to the FUCK YOU treeworld-dweller with one ear and the guy on the phone with the other. The absurdity of it all really hit me there.

Runner up is the Xylophone scene. That was incredibly disturbing for how cartoony it is.

It's even funnier watching someone else try to listen on the phone call while the dude is back there like, "Fuck you who is that?!?"

Had the opportunity to give this a once through visiting a local VR arcade. I assume most people pour the acid on the xylophone? Couldn't bring myself to do it. Filled with remorse for my auctions I upended the bottle over my own head. Love Crows! Crows! Crows! shit, this was a great collab. It was the very first thing I played in VR and while it was something of an eye opener to the shortcomings (tracking dropped a copule times and I was swept off to a distant non land in a moment, I dropped the knife on the ground twice while trying to pick it up and had difficulty retreiving it from the ground because the VR ground seemed to be lower than the actual ground.) it was also so surreal. I wish I'd had more time to poke around and fuck with the order of events, but I really liked my somewhat hurried playthrough.

Played through it yesterday. I might have to give this at least an honorable mention in my GOTY lists. It had the witty story-telling mechanics of the Stanley Parable mixed with Justin Rolland's humor, and it was perfect. I had a few friends try it out as an intro to VR, and they were hooked. The scenes with the tree guy got laughs from everyone.

It was interesting seeing the morbid reaction everyone had to the knife scene. It was still funny, but there was alot of reluctance to actually go through with it once the scissors prompt popped up on the VR king.

Raticus79

I took another run through to see if I could find anything, and I did find one new thing:

Pour the acid on the floor and they complain about it. Keep pouring and eventually a 303-style acid bassline starts up.

Top Bottom