• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] IGN - FF XV’s Story Takes Place Over [SPOILERS] Years [SPOILERS] SPOILERS

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
But where is Toriyama in a all this? An optional superboss?

He is the supernatural son of Luna and Nyx. Doomed to create the next great game called Trilogy:Remake of Final Fantasy, starring Lightning as Warrior of Light.

Koozek

But where is Toriyama in a all this? An optional superboss?

He is the supernatural son of Luna and Nyx. Doomed to create the next great game called Trilogy:Remake of Final Fantasy, starring Lightning as Warrior of Light.
Man, just reminded me of this video, which I to this day still don't know the origins of. Who are those guys, lol!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHXCWo_Z9dM

fdgdfgdfbnywh.gif

Ydelnae

Well the only thing I did not like about the 'leak' was (do not read if you have not seen the leak...seriously!)
Luna supposedly dying in the middle / toward the end. I was hoping she would be more of a character throughout the story instead of having her personal Aeris/th moment. However, with the time jump and the Too Much is Never Enough lyrics, I suspect that her death will be a motivator for Noctis to enter whatever stasis he goes into. Otherwise, we would see an 'Older' Luna model being hinted at XD

Speculation based on official descriptions and Kingsglaive
Her death was foreshadowed the moment they released the official descriptions regarding her role as the Oracle and what the Plague of the Stars actually was. They hinted at the Plague as something that Noctis will have to deal with in the latter part of the game, however, we know that at the start of the game, the world of Eos is protected by Luna, which has the power to keep the Plague of the Stars from spreading.

So how do we go from point A (Plague of the Stars is being held back by Luna) to point B (The Plague of the Stars ends up spreading and consuming the world)? Something will happen to Luna to make her unable to control the darkness from spreading. Now, after watching Kingsglaive, you would have noticed that she repeats that she is not afraid of death (which is planting the narrative seed of her having to deal with death in the future). This, added to the fact that Tabata has said that we will be chasing Luna but we won't end up quite reaching her, and that the reunion moment will be very emotional, leads me to believe that the only physical contact that Noctis will have with Luna will be through his powers to see the light of expiring souls.

Are they new? Is it stuff concerning open questions?
Come on man, we want new threads for new news on this board so people that don't want to read 25 pages of discussion can stay up to date. This is clickbait bullshit and you'll never remember what that thread was called once you try to look for it with the search, and we'll have 8 "FFXV Story Details" threads concerning completely different shit in no time. There is just no way to discuss openly available information on a story for a game where stuff trickles down over years and a huge number of events without people putting the actual topic of the thread as the thread title.

Ehh it definitely is possible. I'll admit that thread title is crappy and it felt clickbaitey writing it lol. Adding spoilers like the OP did is a good idea. Sure sometimes it would take some brain power for some topics or get really long iof you didnt want to do that.

The main issue I am seeing is details being in the thread title and people being upset. It can be avoided, let's admit it. Sure some people just don't/ won't care but that is another story.

I'm not even reading this thread. I'm only here to post how pissed I am at ign for putting this 10 year span spoiler in the fuxking title of their article.

Thank you for changing the title. Considered it a spoiler and would've been more peturbed about it if my friend hadn't already sent the URL in a text. Hopefully this'll protect some people now.

Lothar

Banned
Imagine the crying that would happen if the people complaining about the old title were on forums before FF7 came out. (I assuming they're too young to have been around then)

A time skip's neat. But I'm concerned about the dialogue, Kingsglaive has really inconsistent dialogue that rides between casual and vague thematics, when formality should be the order of the day. I'm also wondering how a road trip fits into this game thematically, what's noctis' motivation for such a trip?

Toth

Speculation based on official descriptions and Kingsglaive
Her death was foreshadowed the moment they released the official descriptions regarding her role as the Oracle and what the Plague of the Stars actually was. They hinted at the Plague as something that Noctis will have to deal with in the latter part of the game, however, we know that at the start of the game, the world of Eos is protected by Luna, which has the power to keep the Plague of the Stars from spreading.

So how do we go from point A (Plague of the Stars is being held back by Luna) to point B (The Plague of the Stars ends up spreading and consuming the world)? Something will happen to Luna to make her unable to control the darkness from spreading. Now, after watching Kingsglaive, you would have noticed that she repeats that she is not afraid of death (which is planting the narrative seed of her having to deal with death in the future). This, added to the fact that Tabata has said that we will be chasing Luna but we won't end up quite reaching her, and that the reunion moment will be very emotional, leads me to believe that the only physical contact that Noctis will have with Luna will be through his powers to see the light of expiring souls.

Good points. It makes more sense then. However, if she is indeed the key to keeping the Plague in check (though I don't think her power is directly linked to her life but rather what she has access to), could she please not put herself into situations that can result in her death!

Zolo

30 is middle age? I also don't see how it's courageous when he's still marketed and spends the majority of the age at 20 or so. Not to mention you had DQV do the whole boy to man story, and it's regarded as one of the better entries in the series. It'll be considered even less risky once they figure they need to start appealing to the western audience much more so in the next entry.

TheFlow

Banned
Imagine the crying that would happen if the people complaining about the old title were on forums before FF7 came out. (I assuming they're too young to have been around then)

you was on online forums in 1997? lol that is nothing to brag about lol

Zolo

I haven't read the whole thread, but I can see why someone might be upset if they weren't aware this is revealed in the game's opening since it isn't specified in the OP.

Of course, once you know that and it's not treated as a shocker or anything.....

Thank you for changing the title. Considered it a spoiler and would've been more peturbed about it if my friend hadn't already sent the URL in a text. Hopefully this'll protect some people now.

Yall are joking right? The title change does nothing and i'm pretty sure it's poking fun at the spoiler babies.

Lothar

Banned
you was on online forums in 1997? lol that is nothing to brag about lol

Bragging? That makes no sense. I'm pointing out how the sensitivity to the smallest of spoilers is a childish recent thing. It was common to see threads asking if there was a way to resurrect Aeris like a year before FF7 came out.

ethomaz

Banned
10 years old?

Looks more like a popular character that receive elves powers from dragons.

C'mon it is like the older Noctis is a completely different character from young Noctis.

This dev team lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Bragging? That makes no sense. I'm pointing out how the sensitivity to the smallest of spoilers is a childish recent thing. It was common to see threads asking if there was a way to resurrect Aeris like a year before FF7 came out.
I seem to remember a minor controversy when Andrew Vestal published an editorial about Aeris' death on the Unofficial SquareSoft Homepage before FF7 came out :p

Well the only thing I did not like about the 'leak' was (do not read if you have not seen the leak...seriously!)
Luna supposedly dying in the middle / toward the end. I was hoping she would be more of a character throughout the story instead of having her personal Aeris/th moment. However, with the time jump and the Too Much is Never Enough lyrics, I suspect that her death will be a motivator for Noctis to enter whatever stasis he goes into. Otherwise, we would see an 'Older' Luna model being hinted at XD

That's my big concern, too, especially after seeing Luna's 'I do not fear death' mantra in Kingsglaive. Losing the game's female lead would be a bit of a disappointment, especially when there isn't a permanent female party member and FFXV has some dodgy issues with its non-party female characters already. I am also not sure if it would be quite as effective if we spend half the game chasing Luna, only to have her die. We spent a lot of time with Aerith before she died, and Tifa was still a prominent and well-written character throughout the entire game. Aerith's motivation wasn't centred around Cloud, either, unlike Noctis to Luna. Since there was the other 4chan leaker with other accurate information saying they'd seen an older Luna's concept art, I'm hoping she'll stay alive. Maybe she'll try to sacrifice herself, and Noctis stops her. Pipe dream! I think they could potentially have an interesting dynamic as far as FF leads go, it'd be a frustrating shame to kill Luna off.

Yall are joking right? The title change does nothing and i'm pretty sure it's poking fun at the spoiler babies.
Post was legitimate. I wasn't in here talking about it though. Not the hugest deal, but irksome still. Been waiting 10 years... Seen footage, posted demos, spoiled myself a little... Except that was all by choice. I had the option not to see any of that at all. Doesn't matter to me if SE came out and said this or not, to find out in a thread title just seems out of place. At least for GAF where many users tread carefully for certain big name games.

Zetta

Post was legitimate. I wasn't in here talking about it though. Not the hugest deal, but irksome still. Been waiting 10 years... Seen footage, posted demos, spoiled myself a little... Except that was all by choice. I had the option not to see any of that at all. Doesn't matter to me if SE came out and said this or not, to find out in a thread title just seems out of place. At least for GAF where many users tread carefully for certain big name games.

Yeah all I saw wrong regardless of the spoiler culture is the spoiler in the title. Had it not been there then anyone who joined in on this topic could only blame themselves but not when its right there out in the open. For my gaming news needs I come here and only here, I avoid other places for that very reason so it was just weird to see it in a title.

Clegg

This whole thing reminds me of the spoiler whining surrounding Mass Effect 2 and Shepard dying in the intro. The complaining was ridiculous then too. Anything released publicly by the dev/publisher is fair game for discussion.

Yeah all I saw wrong regardless of the spoiler culture is the spoiler in the title. Had it not been there then anyone who joined in on this topic could only blame themselves but not when its right there out in the open. For my gaming news needs I come here and only here, I avoid other places for that very reason so it was just weird to see it in a title.

The "spoiler" is still there. The fact that some people don't realize it is pure genius on whomever changed it.

I still feel like the title just spoiled the entire game for me.
Looks like I'll be skipping this game for the time being thanks to GAF.

wildfire

Banned

The title change does its job whether you like it or not, regardless of whether the mod who did the edit was being sarcastic. Came back into this thread to also express my thanks. It won't help me but I know others can now avoid being annoyed when logging in like I was.

The "spoiler" is still there. The fact that some people don't realize it is pure genius on whomever changed it.

The spoiler is now a lot vaguer and more importantly the spoiler tags are so distracting a person could glance over the title multiple times without fully taking whatever is left in.

Zetta

Oh I was talking about before and yeah its still clear as day lol. I do have to say though I love the older Noctis look, looks like he's been through shit.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
HAHAHAHA at that changed OP.
Go back at look at the OP post, the title is the icing on the cake.

RRockman

Banned
Seeing older Noctis is so weird. its as if he went from Sasuke to Aragorn. I don't mind a more western looking protagonist, It's just that its so jarring seeing the one turn into the other.

Top Bottom