• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

What is it that causes the three mannequins to change the direction they're facing from towards the wall to towards the room?

EDIT: Its also very strange that we can destroy some of them.

Hektor

That german community manager is very insistend on the photo beeing some kind of hint. S/he has posted that multiple times by now.

"Did you found the photo"

"Look at the photo"

"You found the Hint" (As reaction to a user posting a screen of the photo)

"The Hint is the Hint"

Maybe, the watching part is a hint? Since the mannequins in front of the attic start out watching at the wall before they turn around watching at you.

Dalek

What is it that causes the three mannequins to change the direction they're facing from towards the wall to towards the room?

Maybe I didn't think anything of it-but there is a 4th mannequin that appears at the top of the stairs when you turn your back, correct? I walked up and pressed the button-the mannequins turned around. I explored the rest of the room and when I looked back at the stairs there was a 4th mannequin looking at me. That's expected, right?

Maybe I didn't think anything of it-but there is a 4th mannequin that appears at the top of the stairs when you turn your back, correct? I walked up and pressed the button-the mannequins turned around. I explored the rest of the room and when I looked back at the stairs there was a 4th mannequin looking at me. That's expected, right?

That is yes, but i believe if you put the fuse in before going upstairs the 4th mannequin doesn't spawn. The three are still facing the wall and don't turn around until you come down (i believe)

Stealth edit: Bah double post, sorry

Scotia

Banned
That german community manager is very insistend on the photo beeing some kind of hint. S/he has posted that multiple times by now.

"Look at the photo"

"The Hint is the Hint"

Maybe, the watching part is a hint? Since the mannequins in front of the attic start out watching at the wall before they turn around watching at you.

He's probably talking about the umbrella logo lol

Skele7on

Banned
asked the UK CM for Resi about finger.

3YG8Ycd.png

I wonder if they're going to send out a hint to the Ambassador program.

From what I noticed, the mannequins don't turn around until you walk near the table on the second floor. It's the same table that has the headphones in the tape. Wonder if that is some sort of hint.

Demoskinos

Has anyone considered the note at all? Not that its significant but... The note right in front of you when the demo starts says "I shall dash them against the stones" which after you watch the VHS tape says "I shall dash YOU against the stones" with the them having YOU scrawled across it in what looks like blood.

Also is the only way to get the fuse to use the chain right away?

I just got the backdoor key after watching the video after I had already gotten the fuse. I thought that wasn't possible? Was anyone else able to do this?

Spenny

"Look at the photo"

"The Hint is the Hint"

Helicopters have blades just like a fan. Has anyone fucked around with the fan above the kitchen table?

Venom Fox

Banned
That is yes, but i believe if you put the fuse in before going upstairs the 4th mannequin doesn't spawn. The three are still facing the wall and don't turn around until you come down (i believe)

Stealth edit: Bah double post, sorry

Corect. I noticed this as well.
Nope. I just played it for the first time. I heard about the fireplace before on Gaf so immediately went to it and pulled the lever. Went into the hatch grabbed the fuse, put it into the fuse box, went into the kitchen and back door grabbed the bolt cutters, grabbed the tape and went upstairs.

Spotted the mannequins on the left turned around and they were facing me. Went up to them very close and stared at them for about 10 seconds turned around and the 4th was right there.

I just got the backdoor key after watching the video after I had already gotten the fuse. I thought that wasn't possible? Was anyone else able to do this?
This also happened to me as well.

I've been able to do this, it just seems if you stop the video early you don't get the backdoor key, and you don't get the updated dash against the stones notes.

hughesta

Banned
Pretty sure the mannequins upstairs turn to look at you once you cross the line between the wall and the table, if that makes any sense.

I'm sure this has been suggested, but has anyone tried breaking the chained up doors using the axe? Not at home right now, so can't try it out.

Mr. Desu

I'm sure this has been suggested, but has anyone tried breaking the chained up doors using the axe? Not at home right now, so can't try it out.

Yeah, there's three doors that we can't open at all throughout the house. One in the attic, one under the stairs and another next to the room where the TV is. They've all been whacked over and over again.

Jawmuncher

This isn't the same house, it's the queen Zenobia all over again ! Lol hopefully not.

I wonder what relevance the song has on the game. The lyrics are vastly changed from the original and are probably referring to the little girl in the game perhaps

The VCR is also gone in the tape scene. Other stuff is changed too.

Oh i know, theres quite a bit of difference but its really odd that they're advertising one of the games creators within the game when their logo is also on the credits/splash screen, right? and they have a website. I've looked through, but didn't notice anything.

Skele7on

Banned
This isn't the same house, it's the queen Zenobia all over again ! Lol hopefully not.

I wonder what relevance the song has on the game. The lyrics are vastly changed from the original and are probably referring to the little girl in the game perhaps

SHAZAM IT?

I think it will be a mix. RE has to be an action game but i think it will be paced with moments like this.

RE2/3 Didn't have that much action, they are the my two favourites! 4 is a great game, but after that Resi turned into an action game fest which isn't what I wanted that's why 7 looks so great to me, feels a lot more return to roots. AT LAST.

Spenny

Just throwing out some ideas here.

In the beginning of the tape the asshole in the suit mentions ADR. ADR is the replacement of original recorded audio with post production audio. There's a pair of headphones on the table upstairs when your in the past. Could this be a clue?

ADR is also known as looping. Maybe you have to keep looping through the vhs tape to affect changes? Maybe if you keep looping the vhs audio at some point changes?

The lady on the phone says don't trust the past, right? The tape is essentially the past. Maybe dialogue or noises are different in the tape from what really happened? Someone who does ADR changed something?

Theories! Theories everywhere!

Dalek

update from reddit:

[–]bosstinteaparty 6 points 25 minutes ago
Okay so about the Morse Code lamp in the hall out side the vodoo room.
You will first need to get the vhs tape. Thats when the lamp will start to flash. Once you turn in to the hall the lamp will flash starting to code.
https://youtu.be/B2ave3cT0ZY
This link shows you how to set up a morse code light sorce capture. If anyone can get a video of the lamp flashing we could get what the lamp is saying.
From me trying to find morse code out. The firat to letters i got were D and Z

Top Bottom