• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

LowParry

I'm amazed they actually filmed that Maggie scene just to fuck with people.

I wonder if it's some sort of dream sequence in the aftermath. I couldn't say what kind of quality that clip was since it was a blurred mess. But it seems they went to some lengths to make it. Maybe we're getting trolled or maybe we'll see the greatest twist. Tomorrow is going to be so good.

Don't we have set pics of an Aaron mannequin from the end of last season? Nobody even seems to be seriously considering he could be one of the victims anymore, but when that first got out, a lot of people thought it was going to be him. They made a claim that the show was being filmed out of order to throw people off which doesn't make sense and was almost certainly a bald-faced lie that tons of sites wrote articles to report. They also legit C&D'd the largest and most reliable spoiler community on the net because they knew that reports of cast on set would immediately give it away. They have already gone to fairly insane lengths to fuck with people, so...

I don't think anyone who has been following along will be surprised by who gets whacked.

I know this IS the spoiler thread, but I can't do it to myself anymore. At this point I'm just gonna wait for the episode. I'll be back around 10-11 CST to see how you're all feeling about the episode.

Are we still expecting 2 victims.

Yes.

These just surfaced.

14798812_134081012928nmsqr.jpg

14826403_13408103526197s3u.jpg

Make of it what you will.

LowParry

I mean, is that like after the first swing? Cause goddamn. I think I've seen enough and ready for the episode. Now the wait until my shift ends. Blehhhh.

UberTag

I suspect that defiant look from Abe after the first whack from Lucille is when he delivers his final defiant quote before Negan goes to town on him. The best reactions from the OT tonight will be from folks who think Glenn miraculously escaped (a la the dumpster) after Abe gets Lucilled only to be shocked and apalled as he gets decimated after Daryl flips out

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Abraham was the only one that straightened up and looked Negan in the eye to begin with. It sorta makes sense that he'd get it. Can't kill Rick since he's the leader. Carl is the only thing keeping Rick from going berserk. So who do you pick? Mr. Tough Guy. I don't think it's as random as Negan would have people believe.

The internet is about to lose its collective minds in a few minutes. Brace yourselves.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Didn't watch and I'm only going by the posts in the other thread, but what was the physical damage beyond Abe and Glenn dying? Did someone actually lose a hand?

UberTag

The way they did Glenn out of nowhere I thought was pretty great.
Yeah, it was executed tremendously. Liked it a lot.

Next character deaths through the upcoming handful of episodes in Season 7... for those of you who haven't read up on them...
Spencer, Olivia and Heath (the last one is unconfirmed but likely).

Chumley

Banned
Honestly this episode just made me wonder about how long it's going to be until Negan is locked up. I kind of already hate him in the show more than I ever did in the comics, JDM is amazing. I could see the big showdown between him and Rick happening by the end of this season or at some point next season.

I also wonder about his current comics arc. He has to die eventually.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I feel good about my guess.

Tho Glenn's eye looked meh. Come on Nicotero, letting the B team handle this is not great.

Honestly this episode just made me wonder about how long it's going to be until Negan is locked up. I kind of already hate him in the show more than I ever did in the comics, JDM is amazing. I could see the big showdown between him and Rick happening by the end of this season or at some point next season.

I also wonder about his current comics arc. He has to die eventually.

In the comics, I don't think anybody (except Carl) has more plot armor than Negan right now

But then I guess people used to say that about Glenn. Who knows

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Since Daryl is exclusive to the show, I like the idea of him getting dragged off with The Saviors. You just know we'll get some screentime of him acclimating to their ways.

I think the show did the scene justice. Especially with the immediate aftermath. This is their lowest moment. They were riding high and then Negan came along and cut them off at the knees. Also, I'm sooooo happy they included the line about Lucille being a vampire bat. It's my favorite Negan line ever.

What a damn cop-out. Kirkman and the walking dead crew have lost me. Sorry… but they had years and went the easiest and most expected route they could. Lame.

I don't need specifics, but I have two comic questions. First, potentially how long could Negan be around? Second, is there any backstory on him like how he amassed such a crew or who he was before the fall?

I don't need specifics, but I have two comic questions. First, potentially how long could Negan be around? Second, is there any backstory on him like how he amassed such a crew or who he was before the fall?

He could be around for a couple of seasons if they drag it on. Much longer depending on how (or if) they adapt the comic book storyline.

And yes, there's a backstory comic book called "Here's Negan". If you don't want to read it then here's a link where you can read up on it: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Here's_Negan

Chumley

Banned
That Negan backstory is fucking stupid. Maybe he's not a complete sociopath but he's extremely close to it no matter what is happening right now in his comic arc, the idea that the apocalypse made him go from a husband with a conscience to what he is now is insane.

I wonder if Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fine with staying on this show for years to come or if he'll want to move on after a while. It would really dull his impact if he just stuck around and the main characters never got their revenge.

UberTag

I wonder if Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fine with staying on this show for years to come or if he'll want to move on after a while. It would really dull his impact if he just stuck around and the main characters never got their revenge.
Negan seems to have had plenty of impact in the comic and that's essentially what happened there.

That said, both the comic and the show will probably boil down to a bloodbath where everybody dies, Rick and Negan square off in a final showdown, Carl takes Negan out after Rick is dealt a fatal blow. Carl and Sophia in the comic. Carl and Enid in the show (w/ Baby Judy) strike off into the unknown. The End.

Chumley

Banned

This is his biggest part since Watchmen, he'll stick around as long as they want him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLkLKpxA4dF/

So what do you guys think about the Whisperers this season? The TWD official instagram page teased them for this season with that image.

From what I've seen online, the speculation is that Heath and Tara will encounter them in their storyline this season. Some theories say the walkers in the end of the S7 trailer are the Whisperers, due to their odd look and movement.

I imagine the main focus will be on Negan and that brewing war, while Heath and Tara will be used to introduce and tease the Whisperers like the show teased and hinted at the Wolves

Chumley

Banned
Got all caught up on the comics last night. The Whisperers are lame fucking villains, Negan being all empathetic with the alpha right before cutting her head off was pretty crazy though.

I still think it's absolutely absurd that Rick is trusting Negan with anything, though. I don't think this whole redemption arc will work in the show.

So what do you guys think about the Whisperers this season? The TWD official instagram page teased them for this season with that image.

From what I've seen online, the speculation is that Heath and Tara will encounter them in their storyline this season. Some theories say the walkers in the end of the S7 trailer are the Whisperers, due to their odd look and movement.

I imagine the main focus will be on Negan and that brewing war, while Heath and Tara will be used to introduce and tease the Whisperers like the show teased and hinted at the Wolves

Going by how quickly previous seasons have moved, I'm guessing the back half of this season is march to war, and all of next season is all out war with like the last ep being Negan in jail and setting up the whisperers. Though if they want to add stuff they could spend 3 seasons on all of this instead of 2, who knows.

raindoc

Eh. A lot has to happen before heads appear on poles in the whisperer arc and then they are not rotten. I do not see that happening so soon at all, so I highly doubt it is a teaser for this season. Comic book readers don't need a reminder for what is coming in future seasons while non-readers wouldn't get the reference and besides that: the timing for such a tease would be fuckity fucking odd, right next to episode that really introduces negan.
For now I say it's just a zombie head on a pole, promoting a zombie show.

Eh. A lot has to happen before heads appear on poles in the whisperer arc and then they are not rotten. I do not see that happening so soon at all, so I highly doubt it is a teaser for this season. Comic book readers don't need a reminder for what is coming in future seasons while non-readers wouldn't get the reference and besides that: the timing for such a tease would be fuckity fucking odd, right next to episode that really introduces negan.
For now I say it's just a zombie head on a pole, promoting a zombie show.
"You've been warned" is a line from the comics stated by Alpha during that crucial moment

So heads on spikes + You've been warned = seems like a clear reference

raindoc

"You've been warned" is a line from the comics stated by Alpha during that crucial moment

So heads on spikes + You've been warned = seems like a clear reference

Could be. But that's a pretty generic sentence and quite fitting given the reactions to the episode it actually promoted.
whisperers in this season make no sense to me. iirc there were heads on poles (among other things) at the sanctuary. i'm gonna go with that for now.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind the show mixing up arcs from the books, especially since the saviours and whisperer arcs roughly follow the same pattern: building up a new civilization, bad guys enter and kill good guys, good guys slowly prepare revenge, get revenge... could be a bit of a drag in a TV show. But it's going to need more than just that one instagram post to really make me considering it.

Top Bottom