• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

WHO and WHAT
"Grandma's dead. But in her place Daddy made tearful schoolgirl Hiyori the Granddroid: WASIMO."
WASIMO
3/10 18:00 / NHK-E / 10 eps. / dir./writer Yasuhiro Imagawa / Studio DEEN
Yes, class, that is a portmanteau of Honda's ASIMO and old-person-speak for "me too". Yes, class, it is written and directed by the man who brought you Shin Mazinger and G Gundam. Yes, it's already over because we start our threads incredibly late.

It's reairing on NHK-E this Saturday and Sunday afternoon, so maybe I can see a few episodes.

Aquarion EVOL - 2

Before another CG Mecha does another thing, can somebody in this show provide a long complicated explanation about what is going on in this world? So like, men can't do a mecha gattai sequence with women for some reason, there's some god called Aquarion or whatever that chooses people to pilot these mechs or something? I'm really confused here.

I did like the OP playing during the fight though, made the CG mecha a bit tolerable during that scene near the end.

I'm just going to tank through the CG mecha and hope that I get used to it over time, because despite that and the confusion so far, there's something about this show that makes me want to keep going. It's bizarre, but at least I'm not bored. So what the hell.

Aquarion EVOL - 2

Before another CG Mecha does another thing, can somebody in this show provide a long complicated explanation about what is going on in this world? So like, men can't do a mecha gattai sequence with women for some reason, there's some god called Aquarion or whatever that chooses people to pilot these mechs or something? I'm really confused here.

I did like the OP playing during the fight though, made the CG mecha a bit tolerable during that scene near the end.

I'm just going to tank through the CG mecha and hope that I get used to it over time, because despite that and the confusion so far, there's something about this show that makes me want to keep going. It's bizarre, but at least I'm not bored. So what the hell.
None of that is important, just think of Fudo Zen.

wonzo

Banned
What's even happening in that OP? : /
ipT8hIEYxs1l4.gif

Man that last OT was quite a ride. I had finished more anime in that period of time then I am willing to admit.

I have no life.

santeesioux

Don't worry I did it for you! Lol....

*assumes fetal position and starts to mutter to himself as he feels his sanity slowly start to leave*

You almost had more posts in that last topic than my entire account, from where i'm sitting, that's an accomplishment. I'm a dirty lurker.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
are Break Blade and Blade & Soul any good?

I'll be straight with you. You'll get mild enjoyment from Blade&Soul if you're a fan of the MMO itself. If you're coming into this fresh faced you're probably going to hate it like the majority here, which is understandable considering what we've got from the first two episodes, not to mention Gonzo are the ones handling it.

Inari konkon koi iroha - 10 (end)

I wasn't crying i swear !! my eyes just got a little watery.

This was a 10/10 anime on all front for me thanks to the likeable cast , nice ending and good production values except the cg foxes of light in the last episode that could have been done better.

I so wish that there could be more episode to see from this franchise. This was a great ending but i'm not "satisfied"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll be straight with you. You'll get mild enjoyment from Blade&Soul if you're a fan of the MMO itself. If you're coming into this fresh faced you're probably going to hate it like the majority here, which is understandable considering what we've got from the first two episodes.
Admit it, you just like breasts.

Inari konkon koi iroha - 10 (end)

I wasn't crying i swear !! my eyes just got a little watery.

This was a 10/10 anime on all front for me thanks to the likeable cast , nice ending and good production values except the cg foxes of light in the last episode that could have been done better.

I so wish that there could be more episode to see from this franchise. This was a great ending but i'm not "satisfied"
Eh, the manga goes into
fake yuri angst
, and I don't know how interesting that'll be.

Guess since this is a new OT I guess I'll start some new shows. I haven't started Black Bullet yet.

Please don't be bad. Please don't be bad.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Oh hey! A new thread! You know what that means!

Code:
cajunator  1,058  
Admiral Woofington  913  
CorvoSol  759  
PshycoNinja  589  
Narag  547  
Hitokage  546  
Gbraga  494  
Branduil  491  
firehawk12  484  
Articalys  333  
Link Man  322  
Jexhius  318  
Theonik  306  
duckroll  291  
R_thanatos  290  
Shard  286  
Dedication Through Light  286  
Basileus777  284  
SDBurton  271  
cnet128  270  
ZachDeKoromaru  267  
KirbYayoi  262  
Midonin  259  
Gazoinks  258  
Quasar  250  
jman2050  230  
Jarmel  230  
AquaWateria  221  
Jintor  211  
wonzo  205  
Syrinx  205  
MikeHattsu  200  
[B]nintendoman58  192  [/B]
dakkumauji  186  
jgminto  180  
Haly  178  
FelixOrion  165  
BGBW  153  
madp  153  
darkside31337  150  
dimb  148  
Psycho_Mantis  145  
Save 'N Quit  142  
AnathemicOne  140  
astrogamer  131  
Mature  130  
survivor  127  
Dresden  125  
fertygo  123  
Envelope  118  
hosannainexcelsis  115  
cosmicblizzard  114  
BluWacky  113  
sonicmj1  112  
MetroidPrimeRib  110  
Seraphis Cain  109  
Nordicus  108  
foxuzamaki  107  
chickdigger802  104  
Sorairo  102

About half of what I got in the thread before the last one. Need to watch some better shows.
haha im 3rd from last, worse yet.

So the Wal-Mart I worked at got in Berserk The Golden Age Part 3 today

Apparently someone in Wal-Mart's home office is either an idiot or drunk because this film was put in the kids new release section

So in the same section as family friendly stuff like Disney's Pirate Fairy, Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery, and Angry Birds Cartoon Season 2 is Berserk

Scenes of extremely graphic violence, sex, and rape

tm1a1PN.gif

Obviously the perfect movie for little kids to buy

Narag

So yeah went back and grabbed some comparisons of Shiris & Orson's introduction and the ballroom scene given they've been adapted twice for different purposes. Should have used the R1 OVA dvds so the tv didn't look so bad in comparison though but not sure that would have helped given how vanilla the TV series can look.

Roles are reversed in the TV version as it's instead Shiris & Orson who are the intruders. Fight plays out more or less the same aside from Parn being the one to intercept Orson's sword stroke and take him down rather than Shiris talking him down. Arguably makes sense given Parn would have had an extra five years of experience under his belt in the TV series vs still being green as hell in the OVA.

Checked back on the ballroom scene info and it was tvtropes (I wish I had translated primary sources to be sure) that said the above were different adaptations of the same bit from the novel/manga/whatever. TV version has Shiris in the dress dancing with Parn unlike the OVA where Deedlit is attempting to get his attention. Instead, her and Orson are in the same sort of role Slayn & Ghim were in on the balcony in the OVA, talking about the upcoming battle. Both dances end the same way, bumping into Kashue and Parn fucking off to go duel with the king.

Syrinx

And Yet The Town Moves 6

Lol at Hotori trying to salvage a celebration for Kon's birthday when she realized that it was that day. Also liked when Tatsuno went to the antique store to pawn off that mask when it was the clerk who dumped it on Hotori to begin with.

santeesioux

Apparently someone in Wal-Mart's home office is either an idiot or drunk because this film was put in the kids new release section

So in the same section as family friendly stuff like Disney's Pirate Fairy, Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery, and Angry Birds Cartoon Season 2 is Berserk

tm1a1PN.gif

It's cartoons, so it's obviously for kids.

Articalys

New thread, perfect time to post the survey results. I put all the graphs in an imgur album so as not to spam the thread with pictures.

There were 51 total respondents. Thanks to everyone who filled it out!

http://imgur.com/a/cc14q

Other responses:

USA - 30
UK - 5
Australia - 2
Brazil - 2
Canada - 2
France - 2
Argentina - 1
Japan - 1
Scotland - 1
Spain - 1
chose not to respond - 4
Occupations (select responses):

Attorney, CPA, Field Organizer, Fungal Allergy Research, GAF surfer, Government Contractor, Insurance Agency/Professional Boxer, IT, Network manager, SEO, Teacher, Translator, Tutor
Languages:

Japanese - 13 (plus 2 learning)
French - 4
Spanish - 4
1 each for Chinese, Classical Greek, German, Latin, Lakota, and Vietnamese
MS3Eeqz.jpg

Y-axis is number of people who gave each answer.

(I didn't have this one made yet when I put together the imgur album)

Saw the same thing with Hetalia at a Best Buy a couple years ago. The following week it was back in the almost nonexistent anime section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom