• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

So it's better if I put it in the same league of DO NOT WATCH along with School Days and Arjuna and Code Geass. Noted.

Depends. Those three are very different from each other and from 3.33 (which I haven't seen yet, though it's hard to avoid so many spoilers flying around the web at this point).

You might also regret it if 4.44 turns out to be worthwhile (hey, one can dream!).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
iz0E6iFn8WQdY.gif

So it's better if I put it in the same league of DO NOT WATCH along with School Days and Arjuna and Code Geass. Noted.

Those other two I agree should be on a "DO NOT WATCH" list, but Arjuna? You haven't lived until you've experienced Meriken Burger! :)

... Okay though, episodes 9-13 are pretty much "do not watch" territory, I'll admit. But the first two thirds were more... interesting.

Depends. Those three are very different from each other and from 3.33 (which I haven't seen yet, though it's hard to avoid so many spoilers flying around the web at this point).

You might also regret it if 4.44 turns out to be worthwhile (hey, one can dream!).

I'm currently not sure if I want to watch 3.33 or not... 2.22 wasn't particularly good, and this one sounds even worse. But, it's Eva... even if you hate it, you have to watch it in the end I guess. :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Those other two I agree should be on a "DO NOT WATCH" list, but Arjuna? You haven't lived until you've experienced Meriken Burger! :)

... Okay though, episodes 9-13 are pretty much "do not watch" territory, I'll admit. But the first two thirds were more... interesting.

The whole reward for subjecting yourself to the first two-thirds of Arjuna is watching everything catastrophically go to shit in the final third. It's basically one of the most contemptuous and misanthropic series of events in the entire medium.

7Th

The whole reward for subjecting yourself to the first two-thirds of Arjuna is watching everything catastrophically go to shit in the final third. It's basically one of the most contemptuous and misanthropic series of events in the entire medium.

ITADAKIMASU

Some of the episodes from the first two thirds were interesting and (at least partially) enjoyable, though. That stopped dead with episode 9.

Articalys

I like the art. Though for all I know, that's probably never seen in the actual show or saved for the ED.
Oh, yeah, I just thought it showed off a bit of the comedy style of the series, what with the magical girl in the corner and the one guy getting roundhouse kicked in the face.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
ITADAKIMASU

I don't know about anyone else, but the only time that the entirety of mankind's crimes against nature instantaneously flashes through my mind after biting into a burger is when I eat at
your favorite burger place. TAKE THAT, PWN3DD BY MY PRO INSULT $KILLZ

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Woto 11

Man I can't contain all this :firehawk. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This.episode.
That ending. It just got real!
Sorry for not posting proper impressions but I really need to see 12 now.

the ending episodes are great if a bit rushed.
lots of :firehawk
also kind of epic.

So I don't know if this was already posted about, but an anime adaptation of manga Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku was announced yesterday.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18495/Kitakubu_Katsudou_Kiroku

95WGlJJ.jpg

Yep, totally watching this.

so much cute so little time :(

School Days 3 - Passing Feelings
It's always the smaller ones that are the most perceptive,
especially with those dead, expressionless eyes of hers.

It's clear that the speed of this relationship is not what he anticipated, and it's going a bit too slow for him. Kotonoha continues to come off as sweet and innocent. She must be too pure for Makoto.

School Days 4 - Purity

And speak of the devil at that title name! Makoto just wanted a squeeze. What's so bad about that? Even the train is blocking him!

This whole episode was mostly about Makoto trying to find a good way to satisfy his desires with some assistance from Sekai in more ways than you'd think. I'm glad I don't know what happens of course of this journey except for the big thing at the end because how this episode ended came as a surprise to me. I wasn't expecting it to get this real this fast!

School Days 5 - Ripple
HOOOLYYYY SHIIIIT DID THINGS ESCALATE FAST! And this big episode just so happened to be the pool episode too.
Other than the ridiculous twists and turns, the sound effects in the pool scenes made it that much more entertaining to me.

The horniness of Makoto here is second to none. Not only does he make his move on two different girls, but he takes every opportunity he can to fondle somehow at the best and worst times. Only after the pool date that actually went well ends, Makoto realizes his true feelings are not being projected towards the girl he really wants. So then they fairly quickly consummate their true feelings for one another as the cap off to this crazy episode.

The build up was so worth it in this case and it just keeps on giving...

School Days 6 - A Revealed Relationship

Like I said before, Makoto really takes every opportunity he can whether it be a kiss or something more. The dude knows what he wants! I can respect that. Also, it is increasingly obvious that the shorter girl whom I seem to forget her name is going to expose them in some way. At least Sekai feels guilty for what has happened. Makoto stumbles but can be completely shameless which makes this all the more enjoyable to watch. Very much like a train wreck that you can't look away from. The inevitability of Kotonoha snapping is becoming more and more intense. You can't help but feel bad for her in this state!

Which each passing episode, I keep feeling more and more engaged as the situation keeps getting worse. I also feel like the direction has become more confident as my issues from the first couple episodes have disappeared six episodes in. It's definitely not as slow; that's for sure. Right now, this is trashy drama at its finest, and I'm glad I finally started watching this. So much fun.

Theonik

Sora no Woto 13 END
ibdZemr1w1gGVS.png

What sort of universe is this where one would even hesitate?!
So much Moel screens and I just run out on my 300 picture limit on my Sora no Woto album. :(
Nice epilogue sort of episode.
We finally get some geography of where Helvetia actually is and what lies beyond Roma. Buy the humans before really did fuck thins good to turn the entire of Eurasia into a dessert, I wanted to mention this on a previous impression post but I kept forgetting but the fact that Helvetia seems to be some pseudo Switzerland, Roma speaks fake German but the old world setting seems awfully Japanese is rather confusing, no wonder they have like 8 million gods in their culture, it's probably a mess of the remnants of the old world. Think happy science in a post apocalypse setting! Why is the dessert expanding anyway? Also Rio should just get Moel to build her a jet or something.
So much :SDBurton too, potentially. Season 2 where?
This actually doesn't need it so no thanks.

the ending episodes are great if a bit rushed.
lots of :firehawk
also kind of epic.
I can see rushed, the instances of quA1ity became notable enough to single out towards the end.

DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 THE ANIMATION Episode 4 – Monday of Upheaval - III
tumblr_mltyufW7WY1r1da3po1_250.jpg

Whoever is writing this show is starting to make me slightly annoyed. Why in the world does Daichi get stuck being a med/nurse (Well I like how we do have a male healer)? Its totally unfair
Nitta gets to have this powerful demon while his two are both two week? Thats seems difficult t believe that he really has no strenght at all to fight. Worst it would have potentially been somewhat acceptable if she had actually been able to defeat the Septenteron on her own, but no, Byakko had to help, so it was just pointless. Also how in the world does Keita die and stay dead but Hinako "miraculously" survives her fatal blow
The anime is really making it quite easy for my time with the game to be significantly different than this.

Outside of that Alcor/Hibiki moment was really well done and interesting. And for characters Hotsuin > Ronaldo sama for Hibiki, IMO.
Hope he defects from Ronaldosama and goes back to Hotsuin and Alcor

Mature

I'm starting 3.33. I'm scared.

I wonder where I'll fall on the Official AnimeGAF 3.33 Ranking Counter™:

5/5 Ryouga Level: "Am I the only one who liked it?"*
4/5
3/5 Regulus Level: "There were more good things than bad"*
2/5
1/5 Jexhius Level: 24 hours of rage followed viewing

*not actual user quotes

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

4/5
2/5

*not actual user quotes

Can't believe you completely neglected me!

Sora no Woto 13 END

So much Moel screens and I just run out on my 300 picture limit on my Sora no Woto album. :(
Nice epilogue sort of episode.
We finally get some geography of where Helvetia actually is and what lies beyond Roma. Buy the humans before really did fuck thins good to turn the entire of Eurasia into a dessert, I wanted to mention this on a previous impression post but I kept forgetting but the fact that Helvetia seems to be some pseudo Switzerland, Roma speaks fake German but the old world setting seems awfully Japanese is rather confusing, no wonder they have like 8 million gods in their culture, it's probably a mess of the remnants of the old world. Think happy science in a post apocalypse setting! Why is the dessert expanding anyway? Also Rio should just get Moel to build her a jet or something.
So much :SDBurton too, potentially. Season 2 where?
This actually doesn't need it so no thanks.

I can see rushed, the instances of quA1ity became notable enough to single out towards the end.

MrkwxEs.png

Theonik

4/5
2/5

*not actual user quotes
Wasn't Regulus closer to Jexhius on that scale? as in he found more bad than the good?
Edit:
That sounds about right. Except:
to be fair, parts of Switzerland DO speak French.
Edit:
The Roman empire is probably the weirdest name-wise though I suppose my cultural mishmash with remnants of history would explain that too.
Edit2:
And I can still for the life of me cannot understand why they'd have WWII era German equipment.

zeroshiki

That's what I assumed, but then apparently this one just annoyed everyone!

Eva is as close to being mainstream as an anime (non-Ghibli) can get. People in their 20's and 30's grew up watching Eva. People who had no interest in anime whatsoever still watch the Rebuild movies because its Eva. Everybody I talked to had no fucking clue what was going on. Unlike me, though, rather than rage most people were just confused.

Mature

Wasn't Regulus closer to Jexhius on that scale? as in he found more bad than the good?
I was going off this post.

Can't believe you completely neglected me!
Fixed:

4/5
3/5 Regulus Level: "Liked it more than I hated it!"*
2/5 Kayos Level: "Can't believe you completely neglected me!"**

*not actual user quotes
**actual user quote

Maybe I'll fit in the 4/5 range!

Articalys

I remember people didn't think much of the film itself, but this sounds like a really cool feature that I hope other movies might use in the future.
Namco Bandai Games began streaming a promotional video to showcase the PlayView feature on its "Hybrid Disc" release of Sunrise's anime film Nerawareta Gakuen.

While the Hybrid Disc will play the film normally on any Blu-ray player, it will also offer an extended, interactive "PlayView" of film's production materials via a PlayStation 3 console. About 2,000 pages of designs and documents are included for viewing, including background art, 931 pages of storyboards, chief animation director's correction sheets, promotional illustrations, over 120 pages of character designs, a guide to the anime by critic Ryūsuke Nagakawa, a digest version of the film's program book, and press materials. Some of the background art comes with the photos of the real-life locations that inspired them.

Soma

Fixed:

4/5

*not actual user quotes
**actual user quote

I think I personally would fit in somewhere between 3 and 4.

I liked it for what it was but I recognize that were some serious problems with it.

and the CG didn't/hasn't bothered me... much.

Finished Season 1 of Koreh zombie desu ka?:

The show was entertaining. Good point is that it wasn't overdoing fanservice as Senran Kagura (for example) so it was still digest.
I apprecate the kind of absurd humour tha the show was delivering so i found it quite pleasant.
On the other hand, plot is very weak, if it exists at all.

I'd give the show an overall 6/10. I won't watch the second season any time soon.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Fixed:

4/5

*not actual user quotes
**actual user quote

I think I'm more in the 2/5. 3/5 is a passable grade. This movie is bad.

Finished Season 1 of Koreh zombie desu ka?:

The show was entertaining. Good point is that it wasn't overdoing fanservice as Senran Kagura (for example) so it was still digest.
I apprecate the kind of absurd humour tha the show was delivering so i found it quite pleasant.
On the other hand, plot is very weak, if it exists at all.

I'd give the show an overall 6/10. I won't watch the second season any time soon.

I thought it was pretty hilarious and Obito and Ayumu so funny, cant wait for s2 dub this summer.

JCG

A Black Falcon said:
I'm currently not sure if I want to watch 3.33 or not... 2.22 wasn't particularly good, and this one sounds even worse. But, it's Eva... even if you hate it, you have to watch it in the end I guess. :(

It's apparently worse if you actually liked 2.22, which I recall enjoying, but if you didn't then I still doubt you'll get anything out of this...well, beyond living the full Eva experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom