• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 3
tumblr_mlubgcavNL1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mlubgcavNL1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Hiki is hilarious and says so many great things, even making the best of his own shortcomings and such and turning it into many memorable moments. Solid and funny episode at times.

faridmon

So seriously, are the light novels for Maou-sama! that good or has White Fox just been knocking it out the park?

What happened that made you put this question forward? I love it and all (the TV series that is) but its nothing mind-blowing about it...

Jarmel

Banned
What happened that made you put this question forward? I love it and all (the TV series that is) but its nothing mind-blowing about it...

It's such an exceptionally well done show. The toneshifts(mainly that of the comedic timing), emphasis on environmental damage, and the way the characters are portrayed has been pretty stellar so far. It feels very natural to a degree.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Late to the Pokémon discussion but I also wonder how many people knew about this? Haha.

[/QUOTE]

I always assumed that was the origin of Hito's name until I was informed otherwise. It's actually "hito kage" (shadow person?) and not "hi tokage" (fire lizard).

faridmon

It's such an exceptionally well done show. The toneshifts(mainly that of the comedic timing), emphasis on environmental damage, and the way the characters are portrayed has been pretty stellar so far. It feels very natural to a degree.

The 3 Episode so far? I agree with you, its well told story with clever antics here and there, but it doesn't change the fact that it still falls with in the stereotypes of Animes and that sort of hinders it of becoming a great one. Don't get me wrong, I love it, and I think the characters are quite fun and as you said, they do use the environment to have an impact on the characterisation, but it does have its flaws IMO.

Jarmel

Banned
The 3 Episode so far? I agree with you, its well told story with clever antics here and there, but it doesn't change the fact that it still falls with in the stereotypes of Animes and that sort of hinders it of becoming a great one. Don't get me wrong, I love it, and I think the characters are quite fun and as you said, they do use the environment to have an impact on the characterisation, but it does have its flaws IMO.

There's a few scenes in episode 4 which I think are brilliant in the way they're handled. It works really really well for the type of show it is.

Tenumi

Banned
I haven't watched any anime tonight, so I have no impressions to post. Stupid NFL draft taking up my time. Clearly I am making good use of my time tonight.

...Actually, reading fan reactions is kinda funnier than any anime I could be watching right now. American football really is serious business, apparently...

Hataraku Maou 4

This is turning into Superior, but the relationship between Maou and Emilia is still a lot easier to swallow than the one in Superior. I was getting worried that Maou
directly killed her dad
, but thankfully that wasn't the case, making the quest for revenge a bit easier to give up down the line, especially when
we got a real villain now.

Defuser

Hataraku Maou sama ep 4 in a nutshell.

Maou: “I’m sorry. I don’t remember any of it.”

Emi: “You don’t remember?”

Maou: “For you, the day Dark Lord Satan graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom