• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Childhood's End #3

aZCOqC2.jpg

This is actually proceeding faster than I expected, they already explained a bunch of things. I'm curious to see where this is going because this kind of story has been told like a bazillion of times already.

Also this character model is really BAD, she looks like 14 and her hairs look like they are made of plastic.

Shindo on other hand look much better in 3D, he's way more imposing.

lol I think he's only watched the anime and put 2+2 together about some things in his speculation. MPR predicted people would do just this over speculation and inadvertently confirm the information with the spoiler meltdowns.

uu85fSH.png

Spoilerphobes are their own worst enemy every single time. Its a series that actively breeds speculation...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Spoiler culture contains within itself the seeds of its own undoing.

Kado - 01
The 2D/3D character models on screen constantly meshing is a little bizarre to take in. It isn't too awful to look at, it works in some instances, while not in others. Some scenes look great, the animation even gives the impression that everything is still in 2D. But man, when things don't work it can look pretty rough.

We got to see Shindo's backstory in episode 00 but the real story begins here. This stuff is fucking epic.

Conflicting feelings about this one. On one hand, yay more ReLife, on te other, only 4 episodes. I guess i'll take what i can get. Might even check out the manga in the meantime since they'll more than likelly skip a lot of things in between.
There's a ton of new material already since the finale, the manga has a weekly release schedule. If this is coming in a year, there is simply no way they will be able to fit it all in.

There's a ton of new material already since the finale, the manga has a weekly release schedule. If this is coming in a year, there is simply no way they will be able to fit it all in.

The majority of that content is that awful Ooga arc that they could easily excise for the better. But yeah, 4 episodes isn't much.

Kado - 02

Holy hell some of these scenes are just gorgeous. Maybe this 3D business isn't so bad after all. I have to wonder how they would be able to do the inside of Kado in 2D, and make it look as good as it does

The majority of that content is that awful Ooga arc that they could easily excise for the better. But yeah, 4 episodes isn't much.
LOL gotta agree, I'm not a big fan of it either. But even then, with the stuff that happened in between the end of the anime and Ooga's arc, you could argue that that alone would fit in 4 episodes. A year from now is 12 months, each month would have 4 releases... That's a ton of content to fit into 4 (assumingly, unless they are OVAs/movies) 24min episodes.

Samurai Jack XCVIII

I really liked how they animated Jack in the flashback with the evil monkey dudes and the friendly mammoth guys. Jack looked like classic Superman and had this towering and imposing figure.

Alright I see how this ends. Jack Lord of the Rings it up and gathers the armies of those he has helped to defeat Aku.

Ending of this episode felt real limp tho.

Childhood's End #3

This is actually proceeding faster than I expected, they already explained a bunch of things. I'm curious to see where this is going because this kind of story has been told like a bazillion of times already.

Well, apart from a few obvious examples like Contact or Childhood's end, this isn't actually a worn story. There aren't that many examples of it, in reality.

Also this character model is really BAD, she looks like 14 and her hairs look like they are made of plastic.

It's anime even if it's 3d, maybe she looking like a 14 years old IS intended. :p

Cornbread78

Sword of Oratoria ep.2
I have to admit that I really like the way they are directing this show. They are focusing on Ais' story, however, they are paying homage to the firat season with direct story tie-ins. If this keeps up, it looks like we should get to see Bell's awesome minotaur fight again from Ais' crew's perspective, which should be fun!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eccentric Family-3

Oh man, Benten getting treated like trash made my day.
I might watch this now.
(probably not)

---

The talk of female led anime reminded me that Amazon has a kids show about a girl's soccer team. I guess it just goes to show that "shoujo tropes" are universal, because this show could be an anime and no one would really notice a difference.

Ascheroth

Kado - 03

I think I found this season's candidate for AOTS.
Glad more people are jumping on the Kado train!

It's not a unique concept, but it's so damn interesting to watch. The outlandishness of zaShunina and Kado is really intriguing and the human response actually feels professional.
Of course Shindo negotiating on the alien side is a really cool factor as well.

Glad more people are jumping on the Kado train!

It's not a unique concept, but it's so damn interesting to watch. The outlandishness of zaShunina and Kado is really intriguing and the human response actually feels professional.
Of course Shindo negotiating on the alien side is a really cool factor as well.

It totally slipped from my radar. If it weren't for you folks giving it such praise I wouldn't have tried it. The whole 2D/3D mesh was what really threw me off from even trying, but the results aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be. There are scenes that are gorgeous and super impressive, while there are other that don't look so great. But even average 2D anime also has its ups and downs. The concept is incredibly cool, and everything thus far is intriguing and keeps you wanting to see more.

Re-Creators - 03

I know everyone is pretty down on this show, but... idk this isn't as bad in my opinion as what people make it out to be. It sure isn't the second coming of Fate/Zero yet (if that even means anything) but it's a fairly enjoyable show.

I haven't seen Ep. 3 yet, but I was feeling the same when people weren't down with Ep. 2. I don't think it's mind blowing, and so far it has been dipping in enjoyment levels for me, but having watched almost every new premiere this season it's hardly terrible.

Qurupeke

KADO 0-1

It's an interesting premise, but that's the only thing that stood out for me. I'm not a big fan of Shindo, the physics assistant is out of place and the rest of the cast is unremarkable. The show isn't a looker either, the CG was quite bad at several times, so I really hope that the story can be the show's saving grace. All in all, I guess I can continue watching, but I'm rather disappointed.

Eccentric Family S2 03

RXuWesC.jpg
VT4DNjz.jpg
GYe2KgX.jpg
EHNREBR.jpg

She's actually perfect? Help?

Oh man the balls on this not-Tengu mother fucker. The cold war between these two is going to be amazing to watch. Someone who is just as smug and powerful presumably, but just so nonchalant will make their personalities clash in the best ways.

v5UElOm.jpg

the eccentric family is an excellent show because i can really empathize with the characters

I haven't seen Ep. 3 yet, but I was feeling the same when people weren't down with Ep. 2. I don't think it's mind blowing, and so far it has been dipping in enjoyment levels for me, but having watched almost every new premiere this season it's hardly terrible.
I think I used this expression before, but it's popcorn anime. Just like Marvel stuff and Fast and Furious are a popcorn movies to me. If you set your expectations correctly, then you will be fine. Plus, who knows, it's so early in the game since this is a 2-cour, that with the talent involved, it could end up doing a lot more to surprise the viewers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Imagine sitting on the train between benten and senjougahara.

Kado - 02

Holy hell some of these scenes are just gorgeous. Maybe this 3D business isn't so bad after all. I have to wonder how they would be able to do the inside of Kado in 2D, and make it look as good as it does

LOL gotta agree, I'm not a big fan of it either. But even then, with the stuff that happened in between the end of the anime and Ooga's arc, you could argue that that alone would fit in 4 episodes. A year from now is 12 months, each month would have 4 releases... That's a ton of content to fit into 4 (assumingly, unless they are OVAs/movies) 24min episodes.

Assuming they cut out the arc concerning Ogha's home life I can reasonably see the studio fitting the School Festival stuff and whatever the end game arc will be into 4 episodes.

A lot of it too comes down to exactly how much long will the manga actually be running.

I'm guessing the OVA will completely omit the most recent storyline concerning
Ogha's family life.

Cut that out and I can reasonably see the studio fitting the School Festival stuff and whatever the end game arc will be into 4 episodes.
If they cut a bunch of side character development and choose to focus on the main 2 characters and their respective agents maybe they can do it. Can't still help but think they will have to cut out a lot if they don't want this to be Occultic;Nine all over again LOL.

EDIT: Just saw what you added, yes there is also that. At the current pace I can't really see this finishing any time soon, for better or worse lol. The Ohga arc has been so damn long.

If they cut a bunch of side character development and choose to focus on the main 2 characters and their respective agents maybe they can do it. Can't still help but think they will have to cut out a lot if they don't want this to be Occultic;Nine all over again LOL

A lot of it too I think comes down to how much longer the manga will actually be running? That and the actual lengths of each OVA. Like if the'll be the standard episode length or 30-40 minute range.

Atom: The Beginning 02

Nah fuck this. This is just really bad and boring, and the dialogue is at least as nonsensical and atrocious as RE:Creators. There's nothing here.

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 12

I feel like the show is finding its stride after a lackluster beginning. Transfer student Rio sure is making the yaoi fangirls happy. Ichika is now loved at school for her sweets and store. Good for them to acknowledge she should be a little popular. I wonder how much money they're making now that business is booming. Good on the delinquent fairies for apologizing. Where are they staying now? Yukari takes an instant dislike to Rio. She must not like her favorite toy being taken by someone else. I wonder if they're going to build a rivalry between the two besides the obvious one he'll have with Ichika. Decent fight, but I hope they don't overuse that finisher.

Alright fam, whats good this season? I am already on the Virgin Soul train and am not about that AoT life.

Kado and Tsukigakirei seem to generally be the favorites.
Edit: oh yeah MHA my bad, but GoldCrusader had that covered anyway.

I like Atom but most seem to hate it here. Seven Mortal Sins is stupid fun if you're big on ecchi, similar with Eromanga sensei, though in a different way. I feel like I'm forgetting something....

Oh Royal Tutor and Sakura Quest are YMMV comedies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom