• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, sometimes it cannot be overcome. Even with an infinite amount of money you'd need to find enough animators to do the work and that takes time, plus making it look consistent if you had to spread the work over x number of studios would lead to a rushed looking product anyways.

But in general time is a good thing...unless you are MHA's production committee and make sure that every season begins with a filler ass recap and some slow paced episodes because...I don't know why.

First episode recap(5 minutes) aside, season 2 has been on point with the pacing. No flashbacks and no dragged out scenes. So time here definitely showed. The show is constantly beautiful, full of effects(comic book-like) and has dynamic character animation.

Sakugabooru even likes the show's animations too much from people commenting there.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/11/my-hero-academia-episode-15-season-2-episode-2/
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/21/my-hero-academia-episode-16-season-2-episode-3/

Cornbread78

I'm a bit confused. I mean it had everyone working together to rescue Charlotte and it ending with Charlotte and Teppei fucking. It was a clear end to me unlike most anime romcoms.

Umm, you must be thinking of the OVA, lol

Well, she did "touch" him in front of everyone in that last scene after she was rescued, lol. She was trying to "thank" him..

Laughing Salesman 3

Kouhei Tanaka delivered some notably strong music tracks for the second story of this episode. Helped sell the pathos of the poor train fanatic.

It's extra funny when Ping Pong is used as an example, when we know for a fact that Bahi JD was paid to animate a bunch of stuff that didn't even make it into the final product. They were much more elaborate cuts, and he had finished all the key animation, but because it would have taken too much time to finish the in-betweens for them, they opted to get someone else to animate those scenes in a simpler way instead just so it could make the broadcast deadline. Since Bahi was still paid and credited, they presumably spent more on a lower quality outcome, simply because of time.

It's interesting to see how TV anime operates on rules which would totally confuse people more familiar with how animation is done anywhere else - where you generally don't plan a broadcast/release until the majority of the work is already done.

Thanks Tezuka.

sonicmj1

Re:Creators 3

Most of the episode is basically spent establishing that no, the creators can't just write new abilities for the characters and have them suddenly appear. They clearly have their priorities in order.

I'm actually done now.

duckroll

Re:Creators 3

Most of the episode is basically spent establishing that no, the creators can't just write new abilities for the characters and have them suddenly appear. They clearly have their priorities in order.

I'm actually done now.

Why aren't you watching Kado instead?

Eccentric Family S2 ep.3

That pic is for all you sick masochist's in here. Personally, Benton is a terrible person, so watching her get a taste of her own medicine was great fun...

This is the worst take I've seen in here in a long time

Ping Pong the animation

this show is absolutely hideous, but it was fun. I understand checking out the original manga they stayed fairly true to the manga style, but doesn't change my views of that especially since unlike mob it was very clear at times the show didn't have a very big budget.

Either way if you enjoy sports anime at all, and can get past the looks I highly recommend it.

Wait nevermind

The reactions for Re:Creators on here compared to other sites/communities is pretty intense. The only show this season where there is a huge difference. I don't know if I'll check it out, but this is definitely interesting.

Kado is honest to god a good show so far. First contact with aliens anime. The only glaring issues as of right now is the moe scientist, and a possible sense of dread I'm getting that it's going to get nationalistic once other countries start getting involved. The second they have a GATE-style "that's where you're mistaken Alien dude, you can't make us turn against our citizens because as you see us Japanese *giggle* we love our citizens" I drop points.

Most of the discussion seems to be people complaining about the 2d/CG thing.

that's only a real complaint when watching episode 0 and going to episode 1 though. From then on it just doesn't bother you anymore since it's largely decent CG.

I think Kado is worth at least giving a glance.

It's not going to appeal to everyone. One because of the CG, and also because it's a show that seemingly isn't trying to grab any one audience.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 53

The dresses are feeling a lot more important now than last season. Looks like Lily got motivated to make sure her her brand is one worth watching. Four Stars needs to hit back somehow, and this is a good start. Yuzu laying down the law. She knows S4 must be respected. She really comes across well here. Yume needs more time figuring out this whole brand thing. Really curious as to what Mahiru is going to do. She doesn't have an obvious arc yet. Lily put on a damn good performance herself, with a unique song, stage, and aura. That's how you make an impact. Meanwhile, Ako is preparing her own strike on Venus Ark.

Re:Creators 1
download.png

Why?

Also I understand trying to give impact to your action scenes with bombastic sounds, but why does everything sound like a Transformer? Should spinning blades sound like Megatron just punched Optimus?

zulux21

Everything has a style, maybe there is an aversion to a looser look.

perhaps. I've never liked much of studio 4c's work because of how their stuff looks either. *shrugs*

I've watched over 750 anime series to completion so it's not like it's limited my choices much lol.

Dragon Ball Super 87
download.png

Goku will bring literally anything to King Kai, except the gift of life.

These past couple episodes of Goku just gathering the team have been pretty fun, mainly because it's just Goku going around lying to all his friends and family about what is at stake.

What a hero.

Granted, in his defense, he basically says I'm not a hero in this episode.

Next week, Gohan fans experience the dream.

Goku isn't a traditional hero, but yeah I appreciated how here he blatantly states something along the lines of "I just do it for the thrill of fighting strong enemies, but I don't like seeing the innocents getting hurt so I have to do something"

You mean, why are you watching this?

Eh, I was bored and was too tired to play videogames. (It's been a long day.) I was curious if it had anything appealing about it.

Anyway, Re:Creators is a show that is completely lacking a hook. The first episode ends with no reason to turn in next week.There's no characterization to speak of. It's just a collection of scenes of characters sorta interacting almost like they don't wanna be there.

Basically it's the DC cinematic universe.

Quasar

Eh, I was bored and was too tired to play videogames. (It's been a long day.) I was curious if it had anything appealing about it.

Anyway, Re:Creators is a show that is completely lacking a hook.

I thought the hook in a way was inverse isekai. Or I guess Fate without the shitty type-moonness.

The Laughing Salesman 3

Probably the best episode so far, although I generally feel like each episode is better than the last. Second story was still better, but I thought they had two good stories this time around.

KADO 2-3

This is super engrossing. So far they're really moving things at a pretty good pace, and it's nice to see things delivered at a pretty good clip.

Re:CREATORS 3

I enjoyed this episode for the most part, but it did feel as though the experiment could've been covered in half the time.

Silver Guardian 4

Well that escalated quickly.

I tried to get into the first season of Amagami SS today... I had to stop during episode 2. Juinichi is simping so hard and has no character traits that make me like him.

So I've been out of the anime loop for a looooong time.

Then through some strange turn of events I discovered this show called Non Non Biyori.

I was like, hmmm... countryside, slice-of-life, female-dominated cast...

And like holy shit this was one of the best things I've watched in a long time, animated or not.

Quasar

Then through some strange turn of events I discovered this show called Non Non Biyori.

And like holy shit this was one of the best things I've watched in a long time, animated or not.

It is excellent. There's a second season that's pretty excellent too.

If you are looking for other stuff, you probably should try Barakamon, its also excellent and in the same ballpark.

Szadek

Since the season is just sequels + a few alright shows, I looked at the next season.
Other than the best thing ever, a Touken Ranbu anime that might not suck and another season Symphogear (which apperently gets a 5th season as well), it doesn't look that impressive either.

At least we are getting more magical girls in fall and winter.

John Blade

I tried to get into the first season of Amagami SS today... I had to stop during episode 2. Juinichi is simping so hard and has no character traits that make me like him.

Don't try to watch the show for character development. Just watch it like you're playing a dating game from Japan as I did as it make the show much easier to watch and also, Juinichi is a creepy guy as what he did in the 1st girl.

Just might add a bit. Some of the stuff they show in the anime version feel dirty when you think about what you do with the lover in highschool. It's kinda odd as this is fine in Japan somehow to show it in anime form and make you wonder what other stuff the creator want to do but can't be shown in anime.

You should check out Flying Witch after you've finished Non Non Biyori

Quasar

Don't try to watch the show for character development. Just watch it like you're playing a dating game from Japan as I did as it make the show much easier to watch and also, Juinichi is a creepy guy as what he did in the 1st girl.

I just watched it as a bunch of nice romantic short stories that built the characters up over time.

John Blade

I just watched it as a bunch of nice romantic short stories that built the characters up over time.

That's another way to watch it but only work well with some of the arc as of where I am as of now in the show. It will work better if the make character develop more mature a bit during the show which you notice in one of the arc which I say is the better one in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom