• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond the Boundary [Rewatch] [End]

Yup. Still love this show. Still my favorite series from KyoAni since Hyouka. That ending still packs a punch. So beautiful on blu-ray.

Clannad > Hyouka > Beyond the Boundary

Rewatch is making me excited for the continuation movie coming out on blu-ray in August. So excited.

On a separate but related note: May have just been my misunderstanding but it looks like Violet Evergarden is, in fact, a TV series. If this imdb page is to be believeD when it comes to separating out their movies and shows.

Wait, I'm one episode behind and the show turned into anti-Persona 5?!

you might just wanna watch the episode since we should be getting an actual episode tomorrow/today. But I appreciate the Persona 5 joke. The dankest reference. Fuck Morgana. Who is he to decide when I sleep.

I have time since semester is over. So, any standout animes this season?

Eccentric Family S2, Kado. And I guess Grimoire of Zero isn't bad if you like trashy LN shows.

Who owns pets?

The ideal way to live is one where if you die people won't discover your body for days, maybe months if you're really good.

I did not know this and now I am more excited for Violet Evergarden! :D

Starting in 2009, Kyoto Animation has awarded original novels and manga in its annual Kyoto Animation Award. Winning submissions have a chance of being adapted into an anime. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Free!, and Beyond the Boundary were based on novels that received an honorable mention in this competition. In 2014, the novel Violet Evergarden became the first work to win a grand prize in any of the three categories.

I have time since semester is over. So, any standout animes this season?
My Hero Academia
Tsukigakirei
Kado
Boruto
is there anything on Funimation that's not on Crunchyroll? I just signed up for the free VRV trial and I'm not sure why
I don't have VRV but a bunch of show are FUNimation only. Big Windip! , YuYU Hakusho, Escaflowne, Wolf rain, Gad Guard, Concrere Revolutio, Tales of Zestiria and Akira for exemple.

So WIXOSS and Cross Ange?

No, absolutely nothing like that.

yeah but its like exactly the kind of trash he is askin for

someone gets shot and lives because they had a frying pan in their clothes. it rules

Samurai Flamenco was clever, fun, and actually had a method to its madness that let it have an actually enjoyable story.

Cross Ange was just dumb, offensive, and insulting.

If I recall correctly, he was really upset that people were watching and enjoying Cross Ange.

Because as mecha shows from Sunrise went at that time, I thought that Cross Ange's quality was the new acceptable standard. Corvo's rant about it I feel still serves as a good example of why it shouldn't even be enjoyed ironically.

Tsugumomo 7

Hiw did this even get allowed to be adapted on tv? Was it even necessary to adapt it? I mean damn.

More so...how will FUNIMATION dub this?

Reason Ill be watching. Best design.
DAwWmddUAAIl8g5.jpg:large

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not sure it'd be that good idea to go to Legoland without kids :p

Cereal in the UK is currently got a promotion offering free tickets for adults to Legoland (other theme parks are available).

Also AFOLs (adult fan of Lego) are a thing. It's not the kids who buy those £400 Lego sets.

JulianImp

Tsugumomo 7

Hiw did this even get allowed to be adapted on tv? Was it even necessary to adapt it? I mean damn.

More so...how will FUNIMATION dub this?

Seriously, this series makes smutty crap such as Big Order or even ToLoveRu: Darkness tame by comparison... It also speaks volumes that the mangaka's postscripts often muse about stuff such as adding 100% smut omakes to make up for being unable to fit any of that in story-heavy main chapters. It's almost vexing how it actually handles action scenes well (as opposed to, say, the smutty HxH), but then there's like a 99:1 smut-to-action ratio.

And I'm probably going to hell for reading it.

Kenstar

Seriously, this series makes smutty crap such as Big Order or even ToLoveRu: Darkness tame by comparison... It also speaks volumes that the mangaka's postscripts often muse about stuff such as adding 100% smut omakes to make up for being unable to fit any of that in story-heavy main chapters. It's almost vexing how it actually handles action scenes well (as opposed to, say, the smutty HxH), but then there's like a 99:1 smut-to-action ratio.

maybe not hell, just prison is all

Line_HTX

I mean I was wondering what I should dip into, but I guess this is a nice answer?

EDIT: think I ran into a Kugiyama. Think I'm out.

This isn't the annoying tsundere Kugimiya. This is a different Kugimiya, almost like the kawaii scientist in Kado but not over the top.

Mnemosyne is great for its high profile seiyus, and I like how the only for the characters in there to get important information is to do it with the ones they're negotiating with in exchange, lmao

It's a fairly good sci-fi OVA, and I highly doubt we'll see something like this again in a long, long time.

JulianImp

maybe not hell, just prison is all

I guess stuff such as Monogatari has made me pretty thick-skinned when it comes down to smut as long as there's something else in there that's decent... but then again, Tsugumomo's kick-ass action scenes almost seem like they were added as a crutch to tone the series down from being 100% harenchi smut to just, say, 99.99% smut.

I mean, it's still infinitely better than that other HxH show that I dropped after the three episodes, but that's probably not a tall order by any stretch.

It's pretty hard to get to me with stuff like this, but damn this was litteral sex with like 6~7 years old.

Cereal in the UK is currently got a promotion offering free tickets for adults to Legoland (other theme parks are available).

Also AFOLs (adult fan of Lego) are a thing. It's not the kids who buy those £400 Lego sets.

I'd rather go with at least 1 other person though. The parks ain't that interesting anyway :p

JulianImp

It's pretty hard to get to me with stuff like this, but damn this was litteral sex with like 6~7 years old.

What? I probably missed that... and I don't mean it in the "but they're 1000-year-old tsukumogamis!" way.

The good part is you can start skimming through pages as soon as you hit a smutty scene, so you can catch up to the manga in record time by skipping through all that, and the action's pretty good. I stopped even paying attention to omakes after I saw what was in store in the first one.

...But yeah, the whole thing about pedophile godesses and the mangaka's desire to make things as lewd as possible does hold down what could otherwise have been a good enough action manga, and I don't get who the heck agreed to have it adapted into an anime series.

JulianImp

...Anyway.

Back to a more family-friendly subject, I'm about one cour away from finishing Kuroko. I'm definitely not liking how matches are now all about named skills, since I honestly wasn't expecting that kind of stuff to show up. I mean, up to Kise and Midorima it was just "Kise copies what he sees" and "Midorima is amazing at long-range shots", but now it's all about the Vice Claw, Barrier Jumper, Emperor Eye, Thor's Hammer and so on, which gets pretty boring. The show falling into the shonen trope of having spectators explain the set-up is also pretty weird, since it isn't like they're playing some made-up sport. I guess it is harder to actually set the scenes up to show, say, someone's good at disrupting Seirin's offsense than to just have Aomine, Riko or whoever drop some exposition about it instead, but I still don't really like that part.

The show's pacing has been really good so far, though, so that keeps things enjoyable even when charcters spend more time talking about what's going on than what I'd find comfortable.

Szadek

Finally have cought up with everything new I'm watching.
Now I'm focusing mostly on Gundam IBO S2, with a little bit of Sakura Trick and Fresh Precure inbetween.

Qurupeke

Kado 7

Damn, I hoped for a more important development after the last episode. Anyway, this was a pretty anime episode, I even expected a love confession at the end.

zulux21

is there anything on Funimation that's not on Crunchyroll? I just signed up for the free VRV trial and I'm not sure why

mostly dubs, but I imagine a number of the subtitled stuff on funimation is still exclusive as they are only slowly moving those over.

VRV last I checked is still missing a number of funimation things as well. the top one being dubbed one piece.

Starmyu was on Imagine-nation...

I wish other idol anime could learn from it and go back to doing dance numbers with only hand drawn animations and the real dancers aspect as it keeps Starmyu looking fresh, (especially if UtaPri could), the director and key animator really make it special especially the detail they can give to face expressions.
DAxLAH2XcAA4IRR.jpg:small
DAxLAvyXYAIv6Yo.jpg:small

DAxLj-LVwAADgzM.jpg:small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom