• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Kado #7

7k8edNm.jpg

Man, Tsukai is so out of place sometimes. Even Hanamori feels less of a romcom character.

blurr

Sakura Quest 08

I was going to post about this yesterday but there was a power cut and I was on my bed by the time it was back (and thank god it did, it is fucking hot here).

I think my general sense of dissatisfaction with the show is a lack of a compelling long term goal and how it associates with the lead characters. Don't get me wrong, there is a long term goal here, to make Manoyama an attractive tourist spot but it's strictly a job at this point. How the characters associate with the town doesn't tie in or amplify that necessity. More so knowing that the residents themselves aren't particularly enthusiastic at least until pressed on. This is probably a more realistic look at the job but I don't really hold the enthusiasm Koharu and the rest of the cast portray. Shirobako for instance, is quite compelling because making a good Anime is something I can associate very well, I can with no hesitation root for it, it is art afterall; Hanasaku Iroha ties in a familial bond to relay a story about an Inn, a much smaller scale. There's a fundamental disconnection with the drama beyond which actually interesting character stories lose weight. That's just me perhaps but I wish the show would give me more reason to care about Manoyama.

Episode 8's premise builds on an impromptu attempt to create Manoyama's iconic dish which holds little and perhaps an abstract meaning in my understanding of their venture. I like the character stories that the show tends to rely on to push this goal forward but it's less than satisfying to see it unfold albeit it has its moments.

Line_HTX

LMAO. Oh man, I remember the frustration I had having to wait one month for a new episode and it was 6 episodes total. So, I guess in English it's pronounced "Ni Mah Si Ni" or something. Some Greek mythological figure or something.

Yeah? I may check it out this weekend.

Be sure to watch both ep. 00 and 01 back to back. Combined they set up the characters and then the sudden circumstances when 01 begins.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kado Episode 7:

Adam Ward looks like he came fulled formed from a recent TED Talk made flesh and I hate him with a venomous passion already, At any rate, the plan for the advancement of humanity continues with from what I gather basically manifesting the power of infinite universes to basically eliminate sleep. Also, we found a way to crowbar some more anime tropes as we get a local Autumn Shinto festival and I am just glad it isn't taking place at a High School. Also, yea, some of the supporting characters acting like, well, anime characters will not stop being distracting.

Berserk Episode 21
download.png

Rolling around, half a foot off the ground...

Watching Berserk 2016/17 is basically like being in an abusive relationship where you're desperate to focus on the okay moments...the rare okay moments...

And trying to desperately ignore the moments where Gut's model isn't so much moving so much as it's vibrating to stimulate motion. Also how there just isn't enough frames in any of the fights to give them any weight at all, and how the action seems right out of a bloody Looney Tunes cartoon...

giphy.gif

Your average cheap trash Light Novel adaption looks way better than this Berserk adaption. I mean... How? Isn't Berserk decently popular series?

I will say this about the latest episode of Berserk, the voice actor they got for Schierke, Chiwa Saito, does a good job. She fits the character well.

There has to be some reason behind why Berserk TV looks like that. I mean the movies were far from perfect but they were more competent. Even as a CG animator training project it manages to be worse then Kemono Friends, and Berserk is a well regarded and popular series known for striking artwork.

Its just an all around weird and bad decision. I don't get it.

There has to be some reason behind why Berserk TV looks like that. I mean the movies were far from perfect but they were more competent.

The movies were animated by Studio 4C; this TV series is being animated by Gemba and Millepensee. It's safe to assume that the former studio had access to better 2D and CG animators than the latter two studios do.

i dont know how much they can fix that for the blu rays.

why would you give this beloved property to this fucking team and rush it like this.

The movies at least mixed in 2d and 3d fairly well, and the cg looked damn good by the third film.

Jarmel

Banned
The movies were animated by Studio 4C; this TV series is being animated by Gemba and Millepensee. It's safe to assume that the former studio had access to better 2D and CG animators than the latter two studios do.

In which case you ask why would a production committee then go to Gemba and Millepensee? If you know somebody is going to butcher the material (or work in general) and you still go to them, that's not their fault but yours.

Kenstar

A rare deleted scene from the Berserk Blu-Ray, the renders were too expensive so they scrapped it for the more simple monster models we see in the show
tumblr_misk03eVoJ1qbgas1o2_250.gif

Bahamut S2 - 08

endless trash

One of the worst fight choreographies I've laid my eyes upon. I don't even care about
Favaro returning
, I don't want to see how they take the energy out of even that.

In which case you ask why would a production committee then go to Gemba and Millepensee? If you know somebody is going to butcher the material (or work in general) and you still go to them, that's not their fault but yours.

Presumably the producers either didn't care or didn't think (and perhaps still do not think?) these studios would butcher Berserk. But I can't pretend to know their minds.

Rage of Bahamuto S2 Episode 8

Bring happiness to Azazel-san, I hate the comedy stuff, why cant this just be a wholly serious show. It would have been awesome. I like it more when its serious in these past few episodes than what it was at the start.

I bet Shin Itagaki is happy that he can do more Teekyu after Berserk.

A rare deleted scene from the Berserk Blu-Ray, the renders were too expensive so they scrapped it for the more simple monster models we see in the show
tumblr_misk03eVoJ1qbgas1o2_250.gif

I guess they couldn't find a Geforce 6800 for the feathers.

Narag

i dont know how much they can fix that for the blu rays.

why would you give this beloved property to this fucking team and rush it like this.

The movies at least mixed in 2d and 3d fairly well, and the cg looked damn good by the third film.

Sometimes I wonder just how beloved it is. I know it does well but feels like Western fans treat it like some sort of cultural milestone and they're unable to understand why others don't see it this way.

ATOM The Beginning Episode 7

Backstory, enjoyable seeing how Ochanomizu and Tenma managed to get together, very funny especially when they had the bookcase separating their sides and peaked at others ideas.

Graduate School is such a good setting for anime.

Taruranto

Virgin Soul #8

I'm not sure why they framed it as a surprised. Didn't they tell us already like... 5 episodes ago?

But hey, the plot is finally moving. Next episode Favaro and Kaisar better go full Edmondo Dantes on these assholes.

OMG CR is going to stream the Monster Strike Movie!!!

Monster Strike The Movie launches on Friday 6/2 with start time TBA. It will be available to members worldwide excluding Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.

DAyB_a_V0AEsp8W.jpg:small

Sometimes I wonder just how beloved it is. I know it does well but feels like Western fans treat it like some sort of cultural milestone and they're unable to understand why others don't see it this way.

There aren't many dark fantasy novels/comics out there. Heaven knows if you go to tv and film, even less. But maybe it's true we western fans pretend it's bigger than it actually is.

But then you see them attempting to revive the series with games and this anime. Plus the films. So it's at least well known.

Kado - 07

They SOMEHOW managed to insert a Summer festival into my sci-fi show about interdimensions. Yukata and cheek blushes were included. It's also worth mentioning that this portion was entirely 2D for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom