• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabukibu 7

I am a bit mixed on this episode...this whole drama feels a little forced, but heh the rest was fun. They could replace Akutsu with Kazuma imo. Kazuma has the better design.

Attack on titan 34

I really liked this episode. Made me remember why i like Eren. He's really honest and direct and I really like how he tries to control himself, but the whole setup is just too much for him.

Also god damn that Marco scene.

Well, a 90min of Shinbo's Blame! ONA wouldn't work very well on Netflix.

Turning Blame into some Westerm/Old Samurai flick movie was the smartest and right decision here. After all the movie must work as stand-alone piece of entertainment.

My Hero Academia Episode 22 - Ururaka proving her mettle as Best!Girl.

Aws2q6D.gif

Aki-at

It's supposed to be Blam! Aka gunshot SFX, but you know how it is with Japanese people and English.

I'll keep saying Blame though.

So it's real English localised name should be BANG! :p

In which case that's just false advertising, the gun doesn't even shot bullets, it fires a high powered beam and it's more like Keeerrzzinnggaaa!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ururaka plan probably would have worked if everyone had just been quiet and allow it to have that vital ingredient called 'the element of surprise'.

AoT - 34

It's been roughly 4 years since I've read the respective manga chapter so I'm probably wrong but this episode seemed to differ quite a lot from the manga in terms of what information we learn. That would be surprising with how close the anime is... I'll check later. Edit: yup, I was wrong. The chapter is surely adapted and I've simply forgotten most of it.

Anyways, I was really looking forward to the scenarios of this and the previous episode but episode 33 was drawn out by turning a single frame from the manga into a minutes long flashback and suffered for it and both episodes were weak in the direction department. The god damm speed lines, camera shaking and even quake noises or whatever that was when the characters screamed at each other were dreadful.

That said, at least we got some stellar horse riding animation again. Maybe they themselves had to admit their shitty CGI didn't cut it? Either way, thanks for that.

Tonton

BGBW what is your avatar supposed to be, besides the entity spawned from my deepest nightmares

Looks like a Haruka Stunfisk to me

--

Also I got through episode 9 of Rakugo S2 and idk how to feel about all this stuff going on with bon, i hope
dead people aren't actually appearing for him

idk still not feeling this season as much as the first one even if there were some good moments in it

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 9:

It is astounding that Eren somehow ends up being the most insane person in the trees even with a person who has a personality disorder. Anyway. this was basically a bottle episode to expand on the personalities of the Titan Shifters and to remind the audience that Eren sucks on toast.

THe King's Avatar Episode 2

Little Moon should stick around he was hilarious, and all the teasing, more.

The dealing with the other team was a funny chat, I hope we see them together. I wonder what is all the spider silk needed to craft.

Best in game game action since SAO Ordinal Scale movie.

kewlmyc

So Re:Creators is a show to just wait until it's over and see if it was any good? Cool by me. It being done by the Aldonoah;Zero team has me worried on the execution.

And lol at those lore drops by the white haired chick. Seems terrible.

Tsukigakirei 7

Wow this episode felt like it read my mind. The whole title of the episode Hold back nothing when talking love was just so fitting. I loved that Kotaro taking his courage and finally revealing that he's in a relation with Akane because he was super bothered by Hira was the best part. I felt really bad for Chinatsu though. Seeing her cry was very sad and it must really be awkward for Akane with those texts. But once the whole coming out happened this was one of the cutest date ever. These 2 just have this perfect mix of realist and cute. I couldn't stop smilling the whole way through their date.

That kiss tease tho....damn it!!!!

Big O reference and Haikyu reference. As these thing happen in past episodes?

Also love the new visuals for the op. It's super cute.

Qurupeke

Birdy The Mighty Decode 1

My knowledge of the series is limited, it kind of ends at the comparisons with Superman, but I wanted to watch something with good action animation and this perfectly fits the bill. Rather charming show, actually, that seems to nail the "fun" factor, as I really enjoyed the first episode. It balances dangerously to raunchy and tongue in the cheek humor, though it's kind of to be expected with Birdy's design. More importantly though, not only the action scene looked great but even the character animation during the dialogues was very lively. There were also some neat tricks with some of the "camera" transitions that made the show quite playful, I'm really digging them. It's certainly a very well animated show, so I'm expecting impressive stuff out of it.
Also, I like anime about space that prioritize fun over expositions and pseudo-science jargon.

So Re:Creators is a show to just wait until it's over and see if it was any good? Cool by me. It being done by the Aldonoah;Zero team has me worried on the execution.

And lol at those lore drops by the white haired chick. Seems terrible.

Its 8 episodes in and it still sucks. It can only get worse!

I never understood hate watching. Why bother watching something you call boring and trash every week? Either you are lying and you are entertained or you are crazy.

Burbeting

Banned
I never understood hate watching. Why bother watching something you call boring and trash every week? Either you are lying and you are entertained or you are crazy.

At least for me, watching something that's bad teaches me what kind of pitfalls to avoid when writing my own strories. It's more or less the only reason I still watch new SAO material.

Quasar

Yep. I don't get it at all. Do people have so much spare time that they want to consume media they dislike?

Only reason I'd be doing that is if I was being paid to review media or as part of academic work.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

It makes sense in the context of a group hatewatch like we do over at Toonami GAF since they sometimes pick terrible shows but to do that on the free time is indeed a confusing thing.

Or you've a more academic curiosity of where the show's missteps are.
Oh yea that's surely not what the comments I read everyweek for recreators are. It ranges from boring to zzzzzz to *this needs more fighting* and finally some *they talk too much.* Sure you give it 3 episodes, but I think wasting (they are at 8?) Nearly 3 hours of your limited time on something only to come here and post zzzzzz and *it can't get better* to be dumb.

This brings nothing every week other then group hating and in the end at 22 episodes you will have wasted nearly 8 hours of your time.

If reactions were mixed I could understand continuing, but I see no mix reactions.
One more anime to gain exp from to rise to the next anime pwr lvl though.
Ahhh yes this answer makes the most sense :p
Yep. I don't get it at all. Do people have so much spare time that they want to consume media they dislike?

Only reason I'd be doing that is if I was being paid to review media or as part of academic work.
Being paid would be the only time it makes sense. But yea none gets paid here.

kewlmyc

If I just want to see how it ends. Aldnoah Zero, Charlotte, and Guilty Crown are good examples of this for me. I went in with anticipation, got disappointed around halfway through, eventually hated it before the finale, but I was so far in, I just wanted to finish it.

Sometimes, it's just not worth it though.

I finished Aldnoah Zero out of sheer curiosity and force of will but Re:Creators is worse then that. Its just a curiosity now, as in I'm curious about what the hell the goal of the show even is because its just been wallowing around doing nothing for 8 episodes. Like if you think Virgin Soul needs to get to some kind of point don't watch Re:Creators because the show isn't about anything.

ID-0 7

Finally the masked villain steps out from behind his desk! Exciting times.

That this episode wasn't mainly in the starry void of space allowed for some more interesting backgrounds, which I appreciated.

Tuck

AoT - 34
Feel like the first half of this episode could have been half the length - the Reiner/Eren confrontation was a whole lot of nothing. Second half was better, slightly. Neither Reiner nor Ymir revealed nearly as much as I hoped they would.

Damn, so
Marco was murdered
afterall.

Or you've a more academic curiosity of where the show's missteps are.

I have trouble understanding it too. Narag makes a good point, there is some academic value in trying to ascertain where the show missteps, but at the same time I only feel like a few people are actually doing that and most hate watch something out of sheer disbelief that whatever they aren't enjoying is somehow popular. I don't think I've never watched something to the end if I knew I loathed it before the mid point.

I rarely, if ever, see people doing the same with a show that has failed to find a large, vocal audience. I mean, look at just earlier this year: Hand Shakers. After the first episode disappointed so many
I'm being kind
No one was watching save DTL. The only time anyone trashed it was when DTL sung it too much praise or recommended it. No one could be bothered to care about it because it wasn't popular.

That said, also plenty of fans actively review anime, either for their websites, blogs, our out of sheer fun (I guess this kinda counts as academic.) I imagine a few people could simply be sticking with it because they decided they'd do a write up for it at some point.

If I just want to see how it ends. Aldnoah Zero, Charlotte, and Guilty Crown are good examples of this for me. I went in with anticipation, got disappointed around halfway through, eventually hated it before the finale, but I was so far in, I just wanted to finish it.

Sometimes, it's just not worth it though.

This I can totally understand though. I was iffy on Cross Ange for example after Episode 1, but the show gradually won me over till pretty close to the end. It wasn't ever an amazing series, but there was an appeal to it. As we reached the final episodes the show, as most know, gets incredibly bad, but I was so invested in it by this point I felt I had to finish, even if it was actively turning me off at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom