• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

Got to ep. 18 of Little Witch Academia, finally dropped it. Come at me. :p

But yea, as I get older, I don't have time to stick it out with shows I'm clearly no longer enjoying. If it's a manga, I can maybe do it, because it takes minutes to read. But for anime or live-action shows, those 20+ minutes adds up, especially if you fall behind, then it becomes an even bigger slog.

At the end of the day, I got too much shit to watch, thus I drop it.

Agreed.

I think I got to 13 Episodes of Re: Zero before I realized that the early thrill of a well executed premise had since dissipated.

This actually happens to me quite a bit. I watch a lot of anime that I KNOW are bad because I find their premises interesting or entertaining. The minute the show is no longer being buoyed by novelty, I bail.

jman2050

Heh. I dropped a 24 episode show at episode 20 or so once. It was iirc a fit of rage at the treatment of my favourite character. I'd simply had enough.

I think it was Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I should have dropped much earlier but didn't for some reason.

You chose wisely, the ending of that show goes nowhere. Not that it went anywhere in any other part of the show but still.

Sorata is simply the worst.

LotusHD

Banned
Also I stuck it out with LWA for so long because stuff seems to get a lot more interesting when you're halfway through a Trigger anime. Unfortunately it barely got more interesting, so yea... dropped.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 25

"Katz, we're trying to stop a Colony Drop here. Do not get close to that girl who is undoubtedly an enemy spy."

Katz: SCREW YOU KAMILLE YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Can you guess how this turns out?!?

LotusHD

Banned
Welp more power to ya. My curiosity simply won't let me leave something unfinished like that in most cases.

Well unless I absolutely despised it, I'll glance at the inevitable posts about the upcoming episodes, just to see how it all ends in a way where I can feed said curiosity without having to waste my time.

Line_HTX

I am so in total awestruck in this Samurai Jack marathon. I can't stop staring at all the beautiful backgrounds and unique sequences. Such sakuga, haha

Szadek

I never understood hate watching. Why bother watching something you call boring and trash every week? Either you are lying and you are entertained or you are crazy.
There are a few reasons to do something like that.
It mostly boils down to "So bad, it's good" or curiosity.
For some reasons you want to know how it ends. Maybe you are a fan of the series or genre or you just want to see how bad the show can get.
Anime will never again reach the peak of Mad Bull 34
That's true, nothing will ever beat the crotch grenades.
Every single time we get a "Why isn't anime like it used to be?" thread I leave more assured people have no real idea what they actually want.

They have perhaps the vaguest inkling. They know what they don't want, and they want new stuff to be like old stuff.
As we all know, the 80's and 90's had no bad anime, only timeless classics...
MV5BMjA0ODM2NzIxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAxNTcxMQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I think tomorrow I'll watch Vampire Hunter D Resurrection. I watched the first one last year for the first time, and I figured I might as well watch this one again since I haven't seen it for... what 9 years?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never understood hate watching. Why bother watching something you call boring and trash every week? Either you are lying and you are entertained or you are crazy.

Psst. They call it hate-watching to look cool in front of the hive but secretly they love it.

Kickz

There are a few reasons to do something like that.
It mostly boils down to "So bad, it's good" or curiosity.
For some reasons you want to know how it ends. Maybe you are a fan of the series or genre or you just want to see how bad the show can get.

To add to this there is also the phenomenon of "Fear of Missing Out", ie if everyone is watching it, especially among your friends then you can be compelled to watch it.

I was that way with parts of Re Zero which were kind of a slog to get through =\

Line_HTX

Samurai Jack XCII - CI END

What a last hurrah. I really really love some of the visual symbolism in this 5th and final season. Almost every callback and certain unique sequences were just stunning beyond words.

I like how there were bits where Jack had The Anime eyes, hahaha

My only gripes were some moments in the last few episodes were kind of rushed, there was literal Deus ex machina, and
fuck using the end of Gurren Lagann to kill off quite possibly one of the best characters
, but those were kind of minor and despite all that, I still loved the season overall and am very happy at the visual callback for the closure.

blurr

Get Out

Thank you Jordan Peele.

A lot of the film's techniques in creating suspense and revelation was really familiar right down to the sound effects but it hasn't exactly been detrimental to my experience. This was the best 1.5 hours I've spent in a while.

Jintor

Those first 3 episodes of Samurai Jack 2017 are astounding. Astounding. Episode 2 in particular is, like... The Raid levels of just ongoing tension.

Hellraider

Heh. I dropped a 24 episode show at episode 20 or so once. It was iirc a fit of rage at the treatment of my favourite character. I'd simply had enough.

I think it was Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I should have dropped much earlier but didn't for some reason.

I dropped Sakurasou at its 16th episode. My record is Nabari no Ou where I managed to watch 19 out of 26 episodes. I could have watched three 1-cour series with that time instead...

I also remember my (very) young self not liking Seirei no Moribito and dropping it at its 17th episode but I definitely plan to revisit that at some point.

Get Out

Thank you Jordan Peele.

A lot of the film's techniques in creating suspense and revelation was really familiar right down to the sound effects but it hasn't exactly been detrimental to my experience. This was the best 1.5 hours I've spent in a while.

Hated that one, it was so uncomfortable to sit through since people act like the people in that movie in the more casual scenes IRL, maybe it was jsut too relatable for me.

-

I hope people see Baywatch it was such a fun movie to see yesterday. Favorite zac efron role since HSM, priyanka chopra was also a selling point (team quantico).

blurr

Hated that one, it was so uncomfortable to sit through since people act like the people in that movie in the more casual scenes IRL, maybe it was jsut too relatable for me.

-

I hope people see Baywatch it was such a fun movie to see yesterday. Favorite zac efron role since HSM, priyanka chopra was also a selling point (team quantico).

I can definitely understand it being uncomfortable, I've felt that too but I liked that about it.

Aki-at

I need some background noise whilst ironing. Legit reason, I just put on trash TV at this point and consume it because I won't be fully engaged to watch something I consider good.

Well, part of it is they have a deal with Polygon Pictures but... I guess yes?
Yeah, I figured some came from the same production company but then I saw Cyborg 009, Aldnoah, Kuro Makuro and others haha it threw me off because I didn't think people generally cared for these kind of animation

My Eccentric Family S2 E8

An episode without lots of important dramatic stuff happening but that's only on surface, I feel the family issues dealt here are key for the story.
The peace with the Ebisuwagas actually forward other family issues like Yajiro leaving, the role of the big brother as head of the family, the betrothal appearing again and how Kaisei's secret concerns hi, and Yasaburo indecision and sudden vulnerability when the anchor in his world (his family) changes.
Also, the mysterious 'date' between Nidaime and Benten, there was something more there but we don't know what. Why Nidaime came back after all that time, indeed?

Scavenger

Is this meant to be official?... Probably ,since it's not available in this corner of Europe...
Yes.

The version on Youtube has the soundtrack from 2000, with different sound effects, changes in music placement, and re-recorded voice acting. All the changes are for the worse. The UK/French Blu-ray is the best way to watch because it has the original theatrical mono track (missing on US Blu-ray/DVD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom