• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/496/1496970/
http://manga.tokyo/news/announcemen...movie-eureka-seven-hi-evolution-in-fall-2017/

The new Eureka Seven films will be released in Fall 2017 simultaneously in Japan, North America, the UK, France, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and more. Funimation is the North American distributor. Confirmed at Anime Boston.

Oh nice. I should be in indianapolis, hopefully funi movies make it there. Still praying Ao Fukai doesnt become the next Davis (digimon), folks written out of movie adaptations.

Alice to Zouroku 01

C8ep2ikWAAA84UE.jpg
C8ep4iDXUAAZYN3.jpg

The tone I was expecting is actually the tone I got and I'm happy for it. I mean sure its your typical magical girl meets boy story, the boy is a stern old man. I like that the old man Zouroku is a bit of a salty old codger who is actually a pretty reasonable person. It is early in the show but you can already see the dynamic those two are going to play off each other. Really enjoyed this and it'll probably be one of my must watch shows if this keeps up.

TUSR

Banned
o3Dts1y.png

All Simulcast times are listed as UTC+00:00

Monday
20:00 Frame Arms Girl
vLIADRB.png

Tuesday

Wednesday
9:25 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
17B2PFm.png

Thursday
15:00 KADO: The Right Answer
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Love Tyrant
17B2PFm.png

Friday

Saturday
00:30 Future Card Buddyfight X
17B2PFm.png

01:00 BONO BONO 2nd Season
17B2PFm.png

10:30 My Hero Academia 2
17B2PFm.png

11:15 Monster Strike the Anime 2nd Season
17B2PFm.png

12:30 GRANBLUE FANTASY: The Animation
17B2PFm.png

13:30 The Silver Guardian
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Attack on Titan Season 2
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Eromanga-sensei
17B2PFm.png

Sunday
04:30 Folktales from Japan Season 2
17B2PFm.png

12:00 World Fool News Part II
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Alice to Zouroku
17B2PFm.png

21:05 The World Yamizukan
17B2PFm.png

TBD
Atom: The Beginning
YD9xF6N.png

Frame Arms Girl
YD9xF6N.png

Armed Girl's Machiavellism
YD9xF6N.png

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side
YD9xF6N.png

Sagrada Reset
YD9xF6N.png

17B2PFm.png
- Crunchyroll
cE2spqV.png
- Funimation
GfekrDR.png
- Daisuki
88kOei1.png
- Amazon Prime
YD9xF6N.png
- Anime Strike
vLIADRB.png
- The Anime Network
6gkwHJm.png
- Netflix

Let me know if I missed anything or messed up UTC due to daylight savings time.

Anyone here on Amazon Prime Video in UK or Ireland? I'm wondering if the Anime Strike stuff is simulcast with the US or if it's on some sort of time delay to see whether I'd be bothered signing up

Jintor

Alice to Zouroku 01

The tone I was expecting is actually the tone I got and I'm happy for it. I mean sure its your typical magical girl meets boy story, the boy is a stern old man. I like that the old man Zouroku is a bit of a salty old codger who is actually a pretty reasonable person. It is early in the show but you can already see the dynamic those two are going to play off each other. Really enjoyed this and it'll probably be one of my must watch shows if this keeps up.

wow that's a good concept

i'll watch that

Cornbread78

Alice to Zouroku 01

Sounds exactly what I was hoping for from this show. I can't wait to watch.

Alice to Zouroku 01

Have to agree, it had exactly the stern paternal grumpiness I was hoping for, this is definitely on my watch list now. I take it there was several moments where she used the wrong pronouns for addressing a senior or something? There were a few times where I wasn't quite sure why he was so angry at her but I assume it was a language thing I was missing. Loved the PS2 era CGI too (entirely unironically as it's 'too clean' look kind of worked for me here) and that may be one of the only Mini's of that style with an airbag I've ever seen :D

Cornbread78

Love, Election & Chocolate ep.11-END
nXbx4yZ.png

I WAS WRONG!!!

I'm floored.... I'm speechless.... that final scene; my heart is melting as I'm 75% shocked at who "won" and 25% melted inside like chocolate, in a car, during a hot summer day...

This was pretty cute ending to the show that had some pretty fun moments throughout. I liked the various personalities of the characters, but the show could have used more sexual harassment from his male sidekick (the Yaoi stick joke never got old) A little forced drama that wasn't really needed, but they tied it all together nicely. I'm still floored at how this one finished in regards to the ship....

Someone get a giant spatula to get e off the floor....

Cornbread78

Fair point, so Winter it is!

For Winter it was:
- Konosuba
- Scum's Wish
- Interviews With Monster Girls
- Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season
- Blue Exorcist S2
- Twin Star Exorcists
- March comes in like a lion

I just looked at the release schedule for the spring and there is like nothing all week until Sat.....

Love, Election & Chocolate ep.11-END
nXbx4yZ.png

I WAS WRONG!!!

I'm floored.... I'm speechless.... that final scene; my heart is melting as I'm 75% shocked at who "won" and 25% melted inside like chocolate, in a car, during a hot summer day...

This was pretty cute ending to the show that had some pretty fun moments throughout. I liked the various personalities of the characters, but the show could have used more sexual harassment from his male sidekick (the Yaoi stick joke never got old) A little forced drama that wasn't really needed, but they tied it all together nicely. I'm still floored at how this one finished in regards to the ship....

Someone get a giant spatula to get e off the floor....

I hope more people watch it, oojima kun had such a good campaign
tumblr_m8wvqmwqch1rn98vpo2_500.jpg
tumblr_m8wczj4ROg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Szadek

Fresh Precure - Ep. 1
This is about how long I wait before I need to start watching a new season.
Anyway, alright start. There were some funny moments and I like Cure peach.
Intersting that she was apperently that a very different person when transformed.

Joe Molotov

Fresh Precure - Ep. 1
This is about how long I wait before I need to start watching a new season.
Anyway, alright start. There were some funny moments and I like Cure peach.
Intersting that she was apperently that a very different person when transformed.

Cure Passion is good.

Ascheroth

I just looked at the release schedule for the spring and there is like nothing all week until Sat.....
What, I already have 1 show a day from tomorrow up to Saturday.

Tuesday: Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (lol that english name), Armed Girl's Machiavellism
Wednesday: Sagrada Reset
Thursday: Clockwork Planet
Friday: Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

And that's only for this week, some only start next week.

kewlmyc

The Eureka 7 stuff confuses me is it that E7 was good, E7:AO was terrible, E7 movies also terrible?

Euruka 7 original: Pretty good, but could have been condensed to at least 37 episodes.

Eureka 7 Movie: Garbage fanfiction, but not offensive since it's an alternate reality.

Eureka 7 AO: It's a sequel that shits all over the original characters and this time you can't just write it off as alternate reality. Worst part was that it's was pretty good starting off, but took a nosedive about 1/3rd through and just imploded upon itself once Renton showed up.

So, how the Eureka 7 remake movies end up is up in the air. It's the original cast so who knows.

Remember how the Eureka Seven movie reduced Eureka to a mewling baby at the end because fairy tales or something?

God what the fuck was that movie.

Cornbread78

What, I already have 1 show a day from tomorrow up to Saturday.

Tuesday: Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (lol that english name), Armed Girl's Machiavellism
Wednesday: Sagrada Reset
Thursday: Clockwork Planet
Friday: Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

And that's only for this week, some only start next week.

hmm, maybe the dates in MAL are wrong then.....

that or I'm blind....

e_i

Kiniro Mosaic OVA

An Ayaya OVA. Ayaya is the most interesting character. I thought she and Youko were childhood friends, not Youko and Shino.

Onto the Haifuri OVA!

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.23-END
msT77cZ.jpg

Damn, this was a LOT of drama is these last few episodes. I really wish the game was scripted better, with more baseball, but that moment with Kisaragi made it all worth while. You knew the
girls were going to lose, but that confession, lololol..
Looks like they intended to make a season 2 by the end of everything but they just never got around to it, huh? For shame..... This was a fun experience with some good moments throughout and well worth my time.

Konosuba - 8-9

Now THESE episodes I liked.

Episode 8 was almost an episode of Scooby Doo with maximum raunchiness and chaos.

Episode 9 absolutely nailed it with the way the joke was set-up and its delivery.

More of this please.

zulux21

o3Dts1y.png

Let me know if I missed anything or messed up UTC due to daylight savings time.

both attack on titan and my hero academia are on funimation as well. with my hero academia getting a dub as the show comes out (for the first 6 weeks) and attack on titan just being subs. but will air on toonami in a few weeks.

Szadek

Gundam IBO - S2 Ep. 1
Looks like thier victory at the end of S1 had many negative side effetcs, which is very interesting.
The rest of the episode was good, but nothing too speical.

Ascheroth

Currently catching up on Saga of Tanya the Evil after recently having finished Nier: Automata and it is pretty amusing when you compare Aoi Yuukis roles in both: Tanya in the one, Pascal in the other. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom