• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

I'm going to watch RE: Creators and a bunch of you are going to make me feel bad for it.

There, you happy?!?!

It's not like anyone else will be watching it long enough to credibly call you out on it.

how did you miss the aldnoah zero days o_O
those were glorious days watching people week by week slowly figuring out that they were being tricked and watching a train wreck instead of a decent series.

called having better things to do

Kayhan

First episode of Attack on Titan started out really slow but goddammit I was hooked by the end.

We back, baby!

MARGINAL #4 the Animation Episode 10 – The Superstring Theory Made from Flour
C8dGFC3XcAA1Cnu.jpg:small

We need more swordfighting anime, this was the best one Ive seen this year.

Kind of a silly episode and the reveal is pretty obvious what would happen, however the road to getting there was amazing for the team shuffle unit bonding experiences. I loved the flowing Udon.

Cornbread78

Panty & Stocking ep.8
ESjIv0p.gif

Yes folks, those are dildos...

Finally got a chance to finish this episode, actually rewatched the first skit because it was so fucked up, yet so damn funny. 2bd part was pretty slow until Ace Monkey came out with his objection...

Narag

Sekai no Yami Zukan 1

Less animated than the Kemono Friends episode previews but it remembered what atmosphere was, something these horror shorts had so forgotten about. Shame the story was a little inconclusive but iirc it's aiming for that sort of mysterious vibe rather than jump scares.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Akiba's trip end
Huh, i quite enjoy it. Plot wise, it never really change from start to end. You'll see the main character got into niche/otakuish hobby and there's a bugged one will fight him.
The last part is safe in that regard, no niche hobby and rather an all out fight that end with the power of Akiba and idol. They literally pull Back to the future ending, so yeah, quite an insane show.

Animation wise it's alright. Mostly average, safe for a select scene like stripping scene or battle scene

SUPER LOVERS 2 Episode 10 – Happy Days (END)
C8dOzHRWAAAqtbc.jpg:small
C8dO9z3XkAAl3dC.jpg:small

Yes my wish was granted. Sure its not Aki Haru, but Natsuo Haru is so good. If only...

Final episodes for this was good because it involved so many of the characters having speaking roles, the doctor coming over and experiencing life with the Kaidos, Aki having a good time and even spoiling Ren with ice cream, and then the surprising pregnancy announcement all wonderful. I hope we get an S3 somehow.

KraytarJ

Hey Aldnoah Zero was cool ok. You all cray cray.
That's certainly a word you could use. I would have went with flaming garbage myself.

Akiba's trip end
Huh, i quite enjoy it. Plot wise, it never really change from start to end. You'll see the main character got into niche/otakuish hobby and there's a bugged one will fight him.
The last part is safe in that regard, no niche hobby and rather an all out fight that end with the power of Akiba and idol. They literally pull Back to the future ending, so yeah, quite an insane show.

Animation wise it's alright. Mostly average, safe for a select scene like stripping scene or battle scene
It's still a little mystifying as to why I liked it so much. Like if someone badmouths it I'll defend it and yet when I try to articulate why it's so good it gets tough. It's blatantly monster of the week, which I normally hate yet because it's handled so lovingly each week it just feels like a celebration of the good side of otaku culture and I can't help but buy in.

Sailor Moon - 2

I'm kind of shocked at how similar Usagi is to Doremi (another magical girl show I gotta finish) with the whole "unluckiest pretty girl" thing they've got going on. Starting out, they almost feel like the exact same character. Was this a really common trope for magical girl MCs of the 90s?

ALL OUT!! Episode 23 – My Friend Taught Me
C8dVc8YXsAEaEtf.jpg:small
C8dVc8XXsAA0Zkw.jpg:small

New team has interesting characters, short flanker squad is interesting and actually pretty compelling, though the one slam by Jinko was pretty powerful. Im surprised BL-kun wasnt hurt.

NIght time training was fun as well. Ill miss this.

I'm... hoping there are people who are hyped for it so I can ride their hype wave instead... :(
I'm gonna watch it. I was stoked for it, but then I saw it was a 2-cour. This seemed like one of those shows that have 13 episodes, are kinda silly, but you still watch anyway. If this is a 2-cour, the chances of the train wreck being worse are much higher. We'll see how it all pans out I guess lol

Hamst3r

The Heroic Legend of Arslan - So I watched this recently, starting with the 1991 adaptation. I quite liked the character designs in that version, but overall it didn't win me over. I enjoyed the 2015 adaptation a great deal more, it was far more engaging. It was fun to see the differences in the way things were handled though.

Also good: Koro-Sensei Quest! and Gintama (2017). The latter of which was enhanced by my recent dive into Gundam stuff. Need to watch more Gundam stuff, the references are everywhere.

manfestival

for me im gonna be watching s2 hero academia and s2 attack on titan since I am caught up on the manga(this I believe is the first time I am watching something AFTER reading manga)
What other shows would be worth watching for an action adventure seeking guy like myself? That bahamut show seems like it might be worth checking out? maybe?

actually this makes watching attack on titan s2 way more interesting and makes me wonder if I can pick up on the subtle details like I could after rewatching s1

duckroll

The Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul site has been down for days now. It's not a funny joke anymore... :(

Is it even going to air?!

Narag

The Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul site has been down for days now. It's not a funny joke anymore... :(

Is it even going to air?!

Obv they shitcanned it and resurrected the lesbian dragon girl Bahamut show after seeing how Dragon Maid took off.

for me im gonna be watching s2 hero academia and s2 attack on titan since I am caught up on the manga(this I believe is the first time I am watching something AFTER reading manga)
What other shows would be worth watching for an action adventure seeking guy like myself? That bahamut show seems like it might be worth checking out? maybe?

actually this makes watching attack on titan s2 way more interesting and makes me wonder if I can pick up on the subtle details like I could after rewatching s1

Monster Strike
Puzzles & Dragons
Granblue Fantasy
Chain Chronicle
Hand Shakers

From this season? You can try Granblue fantasy and Boruto.

To watch the new Bahamut show you need to watch the old bahamut show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom