• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendoman, its a mecha/magical girl/super sentai/musical. I know you dont want to watch shows made for you but COME ON.

I get that. I just don't like the fact that I have to sit through all this boring angst and yuri drama before I can even understand what's going on.

Literally none of the characters appeal to me in any way. They're just not likeable.

It's bad until about halfway through S1 then curves sharply upward in quality.

I always remember Symphogear S1 because it started out being produced by Encourage Films and then had to be taken over by Satelight because Encourage completely fell apart under the weight of producing a TV anime.

Narag

I always remember Symphogear S1 because it started out being produced by Encourage Films and then had to be taken over by Satelight because Encourage completely fell apart under the weight of producing a TV anime.

lol this explains everything.

never forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLm-jeFj3tk

actually curious about how much was fixed since people that watched the BDs don't have the same sort of traumatic memories

Sailor Moon - 1

C8cg72bW0AQpx__.jpg

Good magical girl shows have their characters making silly faces and noises when they're angry.

So judging from my previous childhood memories watching bits of this show, I've always thought Mars was the best.

Judge me.

Szadek

It's bad until about halfway through S1 then curves sharply upward in quality.

Holy fuck you are all terrible people. I wish Jao was here.

Printer Paper, its not.

Syrinx, it turns into a battle shonen in like 5 episodes.

Nintendoman, its a mecha/magical girl/super sentai/musical. I know you dont want to watch shows made for you but COME ON.

One of the characters songs starts with "Instead of my greeting, say hello to my gatling." ITS GOOD
Ok, ok I will watch more of it.
lol this explains everything.

never forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLm-jeFj3tk

actually curious about how much was fixed since people that watched the BDs don't have the same sort of traumatic memories
I had no idea that this was a comedy!

Cornbread78

Love, Election & Chocolate ep.9-10
The tone is all over the friggen' place at this point and at this poibt, they are just taking a dump on tbe childhood friend for fun...

Symphogear Season 1 was fucking legit.

The other seasons never drew me in for some reason. I think because what I found most compelling was the MC being such a nice, soft person but having a really strong desire...and then having that sorta corrupted because she didn't become a magical girl the right way so instead she has this beast mode moments and goes crazy. I found that interesting.

The second and third season just kinda played shit straight and I didn't find the fights as interesting. Might give them another shot but I just feel off watching them.

So I saw the VRV has desktop support now, and just started a trial.

But it doesn't look like they have a search function on the desktop site. Unbelievable.

Narag

So I saw the VRV has desktop support now, and just started a trial.

But it doesn't look like they have a search function on the desktop site. Unbelievable.

It's a beta atm.

VRV web video is now available for browsers and ready for testing! With this beta version you can do a couple of new things:

Browse videos
Play a video
It’s missing features already on the mobile and living room apps like Search, Watchlist, Continue Watching, and Commenting, but we wanted to get this early version to you so you can enjoy your favorite shows in more places as we work in the background adding more features.

https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/articles/115001503886-VRV-now-on-Web-

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gundam Wing - end

Just finished my marathon of the series now that it's available on Crunchy Roll. I enjoyed it, but it's my 2nd least favorite series so far. (and also I've seen Iron Blooded Orphans, Gundam Build Fighters Try 1 & 2, Gundam 00, Seed & Seed Destiny, Unicorn Gundam)
Unicorn Gundam would be the lowest.

Iron Blooded Orphans - end

I was hoping that
Mika would have killed Julietta
, but seeing her older, I'm half glad she lived. I guess things ended up about how I'd expected. Really good show.

Gundam Wing - end

Just finished my marathon of the series now that it's available on Crunchy Roll. I enjoyed it, but it's my 2nd least favorite series so far. (and also I've seen Iron Blooded Orphans, Gundam Build Fighters Try 1 & 2, Gundam 00, Seed & Seed Destiny, Unicorn Gundam)

I was hoping that
, but seeing her older, I'm half glad she lived. I guess things ended up about how I'd expected. Really good show.

Did you watch Wing Endless Waltz? Because that's one of the high point of the gundam franchise and the biggest reason to watch wing.

Holy fuck you are all terrible people. I wish Jao was here.

Printer Paper, its not.

Syrinx, it turns into a battle shonen in like 5 episodes.

One of the characters songs starts with "Instead of my greeting, say hello to my gatling." ITS GOOD

Yeah you people are all terrible

Gundam Wing - end

I was hoping that

Now watched gAGE.

How is Unicorn the lowest?! From your list, Id have it above GBF Try and GBF.

Except for MHA s2 and BBB & B in fall do we know if BONES as any other projects? Because a yearly thing of having MHA each spring season would be an absolute dream....

MHA 14

I thought this was a good intro episode to set things up again. The first episode makes it seem like it's probably not going to be at the pace everyone wants, but I'm still excited for this season.

I do wish the OP was a bit faster paced to match the hype of last season's, but it's not bad.

Saga of Tanya the Evil (Youjo Senki) 12

Great way to end the season. I actually liked that it ended with Tanya taking everything she had learned both in this world and her previous one, and basically realizing that the victory/comfy life she wants isn't going to be attainable for a while longer.

Looks like they've left it in a place where they can pick it up again for another season if they want, as they've introduced the second part of the war, Tanya's given God the middle finger with new zeal, and they've introduced her secondary nemesis behind Being X from the LNs.

The battle animation throughout the season was a highlight, and I actually did enjoy watching her constant foot in mouth syndrome. There was some decent dark humor sprinkled in as well.

In all, despite how questionable it can all look, I enjoyed this and thought it was good overall.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 12

I actually enjoyed the Shota and Lucoa gag in this episode.

The Tohru and Kobayashi stuff were heartwarming as usual. I'll definitely miss this when it's over.

Monster Strike

tl;dr: It's good.

I'm always up for something fun, but the fact that it's only 6-8 minutes is a big selling point for me. For some reason I assumed it was a full length show, but some bite size episodes make for a good watching in bursts or in between things. I'll probably give this a shot now.

Funi got Sakura Quest. It's a getting a simulcast dub starting May 4th.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...quest-anime-series-to-simuldub-lineup/.114214

It's weird that the series is being released via Amazon Prime in Japan but Anime Strike didn't get it in the US.

Huh, I thought this was gonna be on Amazon too. Either way, glad it'll be getting a dub. I'm guessing it'll pop-up on Crunchy too.

Narag

Except for MHA s2 and BBB & B in fall do we know if BONES as any other projects? Because a yearly thing of having MHA each spring season would be an absolute dream....

All we know about right now is the E7 movie stuff iirc. Presumably the Bungou Stray Dogs movie too.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Did you watch Wing Endless Waltz? Because that's one of the high point of the gundam franchise and the biggest reason to watch wing.

Endless Waltz was the first gundam related thing I watched as a kid and is what got me interested in Gundam in the first place. I've just now watched the regular series after all these years later lol.

Now watched gAGE.

How is Unicorn the lowest?! From your list, Id have it above GBF Try and GBF.

Gundam Build Fighters is amazing

We know they have the Eureka Seven movie trilogy and the Bungo Stray Dogs movie. They also have one or two original anime in the works. It's not impossible for Bones to make further seasons of My Hero Academia, but it all depends on whether the Shueisha producers arrange that with them before they get booked with other things. A regular yearly season seems unlikely.

duckroll

I think the biggest concern isn't whether they'll keep making MHA. The biggest concern should be how long they can keep the same creative staff. Even if BONES keeps making MHA, there's no guarantee that the same staff will be available indefinitely. This isn't Toei.

zulux21

the only reason I could see for it not to be a yearly spring release would be if they decided F It we need it constantly on and hand it off to a company like Studio Pierrot or Toei Animation to make it constantly on air for the third series.

MHA keeps getting more and more popular, I can't imagine them not constantly adapting the material as it has a good chance of becoming at least as big as bleach was.

I think the biggest concern isn't whether they'll keep making MHA. The biggest concern should be how long they can keep the same creative staff. Even if BONES keeps making MHA, there's no guarantee that the same staff will be available indefinitely. This isn't Toei.

that is indeed another concern. I mean if they can get a yearly series locked down there is a good chance they would just hire new staff to constantly work on it which could greatly change the quality.

it's not like Bones hasn't in the past used a B team for some series. Bones anime usually looks great but not always.

Endless Waltz was the first gundam related thing I watched as a kid and is what got me interested in Gundam in the first place. I've just now watched the regular series after all these years later lol.

Gundam Build Fighters is amazing
WOW same here, EW was my first gundam *show*. Up to this day I must have watched it 20+ times. It is still amazing every time too.
All we know about right now is the E7 movie stuff iirc. Presumably the Bungou Stray Dogs movie too.

We know they have the Eureka Seven movie trilogy and the Bungo Stray Dogs movie. They also have one or two original anime in the works. It's not impossible for Bones to make further seasons of My Hero Academia, but it all depends on whether the Shueisha producers arrange that with them before they get booked with other things. A regular yearly season seems unlikely.

Oh yea I forgot two obvious movies and 2 things I am anticipating too. But yea I know it would be unlikely, I still wish for it though since so far they don't have any other TV series announced.
Pretty sure that some of the staff already changed between season 1 and 2.

zulux21

You've just been wrecking him lately lol

I don't mind being wrecked, at least sempai is noticing me :3

but yeah, hopefully the quality stays good.
at the same time bones tends to make interesting adaptions in general, so while MHA is great, it would be a bit of a shame if the company kept giving resources to it for the next 4+ years.

Man I'm in the hype of the new season because of MHA and AoT and nothing else of worth is coming until Wednesday...what is this!
I don't mind being wrecked, at least sempai is noticing me :3

but yeah, hopefully the quality stays good.
at the same time bones tends to make interesting adaptions in general, so while MHA is great, it would be a bit of a shame if the company kept giving resources to it for the next 4+ years.
Hum hum I personally wouldn't mind them doing it for 4+ years.

Masamune-kun's Revenge Episode 11 – Snow White of the Yasaka Festival
C8c9VdIXkAASfx6.jpg:small
C8c9d4rXYAAx6M8.jpg:small

Ill miss Masamune kun.

I actually thought this silly school drama plot has made Gasou's addition to the plot NOT bad. The whole double capture and then Masamune realizing and tricking their class rep was amazing. Really funny and entertaining episode with great drama.

Tatsuya Katou ost is amazing still.

zulux21

Man I'm in the hype of the new season because of MHA and AoT and nothing else of worth is coming until Wednesday...what is this!

Hum hum I personally wouldn't mind them doing it for 4+ years.

Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... is tomorrow. it will be 5 minutes of our life that we will never get back, but it should be something special in general :p

Konosuba S2 9

Perhaps the best "straightforward" hot springs scene I've seen. (Slightly NSFW) If a show can even make the old anime chestnut of hot springs peeping entertaining, I know it's something special.

I can't stop thinking about how much better this is than Grimgar. While Grimgar was going for a very different tone, it was dealing with similar material being an adaptation of an LN about Japanese youth transported into a fantasy RPG world. Whereas Grimgar felt at odds with itself, with moments of grace juxtaposed against awkward and clumsy insert song sequences, Konosuba is a show in which every element works in perfect harmony to create an amazing work of comedy. From animation to voice acting to direction to photography to music - it all fits together. I knew there was going to be good animation in this show, but I didn't really expect it to be this well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom