• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Your runes were consumed.

mrw I'm watching anime

oe8QwJ2.jpg

Tonton

Is there an anime about a brother and a sister reconnecting, but doesn't end with them trying to fuck each other? I didn't get that with Oreimo, and I doubt I'll get that with Eromanga Sensei.

You get this with same sex siblings all the time (at least on the male side), but I can't think of an opposite sex example.
Girlish Number maybe?

JulianImp

seriously...

More oneesan's are definitely needed!

Please no. Just write the dang character from the ground up rather than lifting him or her wholesale from the limited list of anime and manga character archetypes.

Mentor-style older sisters are just as creatively bankrupt as bratty little sisters, Rei Ayanami expies, blond twintail tsunderes, overly prude girls, strict class reps or ojou-samas.

blurr

Have you tried being tsundere towards her?

Always am.

Is there an anime about a brother and a sister reconnecting, but doesn't end with them trying to fuck each other? I didn't get that with Oreimo, and I doubt I'll get that with Eromanga Sensei.

You get this with same sex siblings all the time (at least on the male side), but I can't think of an opposite sex example.

Closest I can think is Oregairu along with Girlish Number. The latter is a step up from the former.

Is Record of Lodoss War your typical fantasy adventure story with orcs, dragons a dark lord and the like?

I've heard about it a lot over the years but never seen impressions of it.

Is Record of Lodoss War your typical fantasy adventure story with orcs, dragons a dark lord and the like?

I've heard about it a lot over the years but never seen impressions of it.

It's basically a D&D campaign. It's not really anything special, having watched it a few years ago I came away thinking that this was someone with a reputation because a lot of people watched it when they were young.

kewlmyc

Lmao I totally forgot valvrave was a thing.

I remember it being a wild ride, with a surprisingly sad and heartfelt ending. Maybe I'm remembering it so fondly because of how bad Aldnoah Zero is in comparison.

The random ass rape scene that's barely addressed again was something else.
Jesus...

I remember it being a wild ride, with a surprisingly sad and heartfelt ending. Maybe I'm remembering it so fondly because of how bad Aldnoah Zero is in comparison.

The random ass rape scene that's barely addressed again was something else.
Jesus...

The 2nd season of Valvrave is as bad as Aldnoah Zero.

The whole show had like 5 good episodes before it went too far up its own ass to be funny anymore. The end of season one was real bad too, instead of being dumb fun it was trying to establish bad lore.

kewlmyc

Scrapped Princess

The last episode has a heartwarming reunion between brother and sister.

This is by the same person who made Chaika right? Might have to check it out.

Yeah, big sis in Poco is a good example of a good bro/sis relationship without the otaku garbage mixed in.

Not really "reconnecting," but a few recent examples of strong plutonic bro/sis relationships that were well done without any otaku crap:

Charlotte
SNAFU
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Big Order

You're trying to piss me off, aren't you?

Umaru is a good example of how much of an annoying leech a little sister can be at times, I suppose.

The 2nd season of Valvrave is as bad as Aldnoah Zero.

The whole show had like 5 good episodes before it went too far up its own ass to be funny anymore. The end of season one was real bad too, instead of being dumb fun it was trying to establish bad lore.

I'm starting to remember the dumber plot points of Valvrave S2 and you might be right. At least Valvrave was dumb from the start with Terminator LF and Space Vampires, so it going off the rails was expected. Aldnoah Zero had a solid first season, just to somehow ruin it all in the second season and shatter all expectations. Rather have a dumb show from the beginning than one with potential that throws it all away.

Cornbread78

You're trying to piss me off, aren't you?
Umaru is a good example of how much of an annoying leech a little sister can be at times, I suppose.

LMFAO. They were both clean plutonic bro/sis relationships, which is "rare," lol

Please no. Just write the dang character from the ground up rather than lifting him or her wholesale from the limited list of anime and manga character archetypes.

Mentor-style older sisters are just as creatively bankrupt as bratty little sisters, Rei Ayanami expies, blond twintail tsunderes, overly prude girls, strict class reps or ojou-samas.

I was more referring to "older" sisters in general. There are too many imoutos and not enough oneesans.

JulianImp

Eromanga-sensei, man... that scene where the MC said he wanted a family with her as his little sister and Sagiri wasn't so sure about it, I almost expected her to say they could still become family by marrying or something. The show could've been way better if it focused in Sagiri slowly getting over her shut-in tendencies thanks to her brother's and a host of friends' help, but the whole set-up is like a slightly reworked OreImo where the siblings can actually become a couple because they aren't blood-related, all while still having the moral implications of incest because they are family.

Seriously, Japan, please stop shipping cousins and non-blood-related siblings for a shock-factor that's already long gone.

LMFAO. They were both clean plutonic bro/sis relationships, which is "rare," lol

I was more referring to "older" sisters in general. There are too many imoutos and not enough oneesans.

I think I'd rather have more shows where siblings of opposite sexes can get along without any kind of romantic feelings, platonic (not plutonic) or otherwise.

As for the little vs big sister argument, I guess it's mostly because Japanese society is rigid to the point that it's often desireable to have the male siblings hold more power than their female counterparts, and that's achieved by seniority since that's the way things work around there.

...And that reminds me that they definitely need more foreign transfer students who really struggle with the way they're supposed to treat people depending on the difference in social and hierarchic standing between the two of you, because that's definitely one of the more alien things about their culture (compared to mine, at least).

Line_HTX

I think I'd rather have more shows where siblings of opposite sexes can get along without any kind of romantic feelings, platonic (not plutonic) or otherwise.

As for the little vs big sister argument, I guess it's mostly because Japanese society is rigid to the point that it's often desireable to have the male siblings hold more power than their female counterparts, and that's achieved by seniority since that's the way things work around there.

...And that reminds me that they definitely need more foreign transfer students who really struggle with the way they're supposed to treat people depending on the difference in social and hierarchic standing between the two of you, because that's definitely one of the more alien things about their culture (compared to mine, at least).

More foreign students who are blonde and very happy go lucky, haha

The contrast between the almost entirely negative reception of Re:Creators in this thread and the generally positive reception of Re:Creators on my Twitter feed is rather curious.

Cornbread78

Well since my tastes are mostly the opposite of the core here, maybe I should check it out as a buffer, lol.

I don't know if I could watch it unbiasedly after reading all the posted complaints though, lol

I can't really think of many redeeming features of Re:Creators and have seen mostly negative things even outside of this thread.

Well since my tastes are mostly the opposite of the core here, maybe I should check it out as a buffer, lol.

I don't know if I could watch it unbiasedly after reading all the posted complaints though, lol
How do you feel about endless exposition and poorly written infodumps? That's about 80% of the show.

If you really wanted to give it a shot you'd have to go in knowing that it's a lot more talking than action. The series seems extremely focused at this point on exploring/discussing the mechanics of fictional characters coming to life, what that means, what they can do, etc. There's some action, but unless the above sounds appealing, and I do find it interesting at least, it's best left untouched for the moment.

Tei

Neo Member
Ok, I resubscribed Crunchyroll to test if anime is really dead.

If it really happened, must be a very recently occurrence, because I remember good animes released in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom