• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Armed Girl's Machiavellism 03
Sometimes, dumb & stupid junk food shows are great to watch and this one is no exception. Really, the show has no redeeming factors outside of it being stupid and fun to watch with interesting fights and good humor.

ID-0 02

GATTAI! Kinda.
This rocks.

John Blade

be47db398e44d7d6baa893fca983cc3645402821_hq.jpg

A very nice ending for this arc. Have to say, Haruka Morishima might be the lady for you if you like someone who have this innocent and eccentric look and like cute stuff like puppies. Also, from this arc, I don't think she is those girls who date many guys and unless you're commit to asking her out for a date, won't consider you anymore than a normal friend at best to play around with. This might be an issue for her as she don't really know how to push the relationship further so, you going to take the lead most of the time. A nice arc which end very well I have to say for her.

dd6f85066ac769e321c533598d95cb262d238991_hq.gif

*As for the storytelling, man...this feel odd to watch as it look like it will break 4 episodes into an arc for each character in the show. Kinda like you're playing the games which is fine but watch is feel weird. Kinda rewinding the story to see what happen if Junichi choose another girls. Well, time to push through the other girls arcs now.

Cornbread78

Sakura Quest ep.3
1J1lyMi.png

Pretty much sums up how I feel about this show. Hey, at least she gets to hang out with her cool adult friends from now on.....

Line_HTX

be47db398e44d7d6baa893fca983cc3645402821_hq.jpg

dd6f85066ac769e321c533598d95cb262d238991_hq.gif

*As for the storytelling, man...this feel odd to watch as it look like it will break 4 episodes into an arc for each character in the show. Kinda like you're playing the games which is fine but watch is feel weird. Kinda rewinding the story to see what happen if Junichi choose another girls. Well, time to push through the other girls arcs now.

Don't forget about the followup eps in SS Plus as well.

John Blade

Don't forget about the followup eps in SS Plus as well.

Will do as it's in my backlogged (actually own the Blu-ray for the SS and SS+). It's not a bad show but isn't as great if you want a proper romance show in anime. Now in Kaoru Tanamachi arc right now.

Tsukigakirei 2

This was simple and sweet and warmed my heart with that god damn good ending. The character growth is subtle, but Curly-kun just makes me smile with how he reacts to things. Seeing him happy receiving those messages kind of reminded me of me lol.

Boruto 03
Ok Metal is a super funny character. I love how he can't get to much attention or he snaps lol. Also looks like he can already more or less open the eight gates? or at least one of the early ones. Love the dynamic between the kids. Curious to see what that shadowy thing is supposed to be about.

Next episode seem to be Sarada focused!

Lupin III: Jigen's Gravestone - Completed

Fun little mini story sequel from Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Nice way to show how Lupin and Jigen went from being simply business partners to actually bros for life. Okuzaki was a really cool villain and I dug the final duel here. Fujiko's subplot felt super out of place though.

Quasar

It got an OVA that's an adaption of a sidequest. It was okay, though it wasn't about the team and it was basically a big ad.

Not sure, if I want more, I bet they'll suck anyway, so it's pointless.

Well all anime is just big ads.

I liked it. Liked both of em. Given I haven't played a persona though, I can't compare them to the games.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 14 – The Number Hunter, Part 2
C9z1islXUAAYXEf.jpg:small

Kaito is so awesome even able to destroy Yuuma's perfect plans while he was feeling the flow, if only the bad writing didnt kick in. Silly fainting drama was so unnecessary. Yuuma could have lost.

Jarmel

Banned
Kado- 2
This is such an unusual show more so than even something like Rakugo, maybe closer to Flowers of Evil I guess. This episode consisted almost entirely of talking/dialogue and I was engrossed the entire time. This is a weird comparison considering how drastically different the shows are in regards to every facet, but it reminds me of Legion. The reason I'm thinking that is because Kado, like Legion, seems desperate to get rid of its viewers. Now some people are going to interpret the previous comment as a negative but for me that's some of the highest praise I can give it. That's because the show isn't trying to snare you with action, fanservice, or any other type of pandering. Either you're on board with the concept or not.
o7M8Z8m.jpg

Understatement of the millennium.
For a number of people, I imagine this episode is going to be too slow. However I'm loving the focus on communication. It's not as abstract as something like in Fafner but for a show centered around negotiating, that aspect is key. There was some thought put behind how a first contact situation would play out with beings as absurdly advanced as Yaha-kui za Shunina (this name is way too hard to remember) in that Yaha tries to psychically talk with Shindo then progresses to noise before picking up speech. Speaking of negotiation, I thought the way this scene was handled was somewhat interesting. Now normally I hate a scenario where the characters either know more or less than the audience as it hurts immersion to an extent. However for this show, it's as if the directors are purposefully withholding information from the audience so as to make the negotiations more 'balanced' so the audience might not be predisposed to one side or another. The audience is going to learn the information at the same time the Japanese negotiators and government will.
rZ5nVLN.jpg

The OP had some really striking shots.
This is a show where you know the staff knows this is totally going to bomb sales-wise but the staff is doing it for the love of the genre. I just appreciate that someone is trying to tell an intellectual scifi thriller. The story behind this production must be pretty interesting. How did this end up at Toei for example and not IG?

Googled sukasuka and the cover has a chick crying, not a good sign :'v Is it boring? Or do you just not feel like watching a depressing anime?

Qurupeke

Katanagatari 7
Either my favourite episode yet or the worst one

I'm a bit speechless atm, this was such a weird episode. I think the show always had something cartoonish about it, but it felt even more like that now. The colours and the lines were a lot more prominent, while the characters seemed more exaggerated. But I'd say it also felt like there were a couple of sections out of a videogame. Generally, the visual direction was very experimental and I'd swear it changed several times throughout the episode. There were even scenes that could very well be out of Inferno Cop or Ninja Slayer. Very sudden change, though I found it rather amusing.

Story wise, the episode kind of connects the dots for a number of plot threads, but the developments were very sudden. I really liked Nanami and I kind of see her way of thinking, but her character felt very different to her sadistic nature in episode 4, at times at least. It felt like the best possible ending for that kind of character, but it also felt a bit unsatisfying. I'm really not sure how I feel about this and I wonder if I'm missing something concerning Nanami. In any case, the episode seems to signify a new chapter for the two protagonists, so the future remains interesting.

Oh, and Episode 6 really spoiled Episode 7's death. I'm dumbfounded.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Half that episode were video game references.

Heavy Metal L-Gaim Episode 54 END

Bad ending, Olibee has to stay like that and Daba has to now abandon all of his own desires and take care of her forever, what a tragic end that even just because he was victorious in battle he ends up the 2nd biggest loser. Awful. Like not even Lillith stays with him, or even Kyao?! They could still make a name for themselves in this new life, Im disappointed.

Good old mech that was pretty funny. I liked it a lot in both its halves, the first part when it was just Daba, Kyao, and eventually Amu just taking on small time bandits while trying to deliver a money card, to their eventual big name fame and fortune with the Mark II and leading the rebellion forces in outer space. Good expansion and good development with older teens and such being vital members and leaders in a massive war. Leecee was a great character too and even with some of her drama with Daba made it good. Gablae was good rival as well who always made the best decisions when it counted most.

8/10.

John Blade

depressing anime is something I try not to watch too much or I will stop watching any anime show for a very long time. Which remind me, I need to get though Saikano from my backlogged. I think I will need to buy a drink if I am going to watch that show.

Kado- 2

This is such an unusual show more so than even something like Rakugo, maybe closer to Flowers of Evil I guess. This episode consisted almost entirely of talking/dialogue and I was engrossed the entire time. This is a weird comparison considering how drastically different the shows are in regards to every facet, but it reminds me of Legion. The reason I'm thinking that is because Kado, like Legion, seems desperate to get rid of its viewers. Now some people are going to interpret the previous comment as a negative but for me that's some of the highest praise I can give it. That's because the show isn't trying to snare you with action, fanservice, or any other type of pandering. Either you're on board with the concept or not.

For a number of people, I imagine this episode is going to be too slow. However I'm loving the focus on communication. It's not as abstract as something like in Fafner but for a show centered around negotiating, that aspect is key. There was some thought put behind how a first contact situation would play out with beings as absurdly advanced as Yaha-kui za Shunina (this name is way too hard to remember) in that Yaha tries to psychically talk with Shindo then progresses to noise before picking up speech. Speaking of negotiation, I thought the way this scene was handled was somewhat interesting. Now normally I hate a scenario where the characters either know more or less than the audience as it hurts immersion to an extent. However for this show, it's as if the directors are purposefully withholding information from the audience so as to make the negotiations more 'balanced' so the audience might not be predisposed to one side or another. The audience is going to learn the information at the same time the Japanese negotiators and government will.

This is a show where you know the staff knows this is totally going to bomb sales-wise but the staff is doing it for the love of the genre. I just appreciate that someone is trying to tell an intellectual scifi thriller. The story behind this production must be pretty interesting. How did this end up at Toei for example and not IG?

if they really loved the genre and knew it would bomb, why did they include scientist kawaii?

Sagrada Reset Episode 1

Really slow start and pretty wordy. I think it clearly worked much better as a novel than it did as an anime but the characters tried. I think the premise is fine and the dramatic things going on much closer to the end of the episode at least keeps my interest. If we get more mystery unveiling the past type of plots going on then this could be a fairly good anime.

Cornbread78

Fantastic Children ep.9-10
They are slowly starting to reveal so e of the smaller mystery while still building the lore. Hrlga is going to play a big part in everything going forward, but how???? Damn kids.

Chase17

Ping Pong the Animation 1-4
Was only going to watch one episode today, but got hooked and kept going. So far it has lived up to the great things people say about it.

John Blade

7b998b49e29a1a8125e704ca4316f284dd01e53e_hq.jpg

Don't want to be rude but Kaoru Tanamachi arc ending is actually nothing too special to say when I watch it. I guess it feel like it's those last choice girls if you fail to get the girl you want but the game want a way to end the game with something even though it isn't the best. This is what I feel like when watching the end a bit. Still, seeing her relationship with Junichi from childhood friends who like to poke on him and something punch him to lover is nice to watch during this four episodes.

Still, I think Kaoru Tanamachi might be the lady for you if you like a girl who is hard working, very normal down to earth, who like to poke fun at you and might get physical from it. Also, she might get dirty if you know how to push the right button from what I see in this arc. I can see why some people love her more.

43955a023f1ad5646d848be9ec21cd7706bae5ca_hq.gif

John Blade

Which one, Amagami?

I guess he is talking about the show I am watching and yes, it's Amagami SS and yes, you follow the MC who manage to get all the main girls in their own arc like you're playing those Japanese dating game but minus the hentai stuff you see in dating game. It's weird to watch it as it isn't how you expect to watch romance drama anime but work fine in this format. Unfortunately, a four episodes arc make the character development a bit limited for what I can see. It do push enough development between the MC and one of the main girl for the story to move smoothly. I can't really say much after that but will continue watching though this to the end really (and I own the blu-ray of this show so.....need to use my money wisely here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom