• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces a new Mana game...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Every time someone mentions something about Gree, I think that it's related to Sue Sylvester, the greatest villain in the history of written fiction, then I realize I got things messed up.

Wilsongt

Square-Enix is announcing so much shit lately, that I think when they announce something legitimately interesting all of our minds will be blown.

Bulzeeb

the heck is a Gree? well I haven't seen a good mana game since Seiken densetsu 3 so it's probably not a big loss

the heck is a Gree? well I haven't seen a good mana game since Seiken densetsu 3 so it's probably not a big loss

It's a Mobile-game focused, Japanese-exclusive social networking service that the Japanese use primarily on their iPhones / Androids, although they can access it via PC as well.

Square Enix apparently has a deal to release some exclusive games on the service. This is one of them.

The big question is will this follow the normal formula of taking the GREE social/card game framework and slapping different art on it?

LuuKyK

For GREE.

igc25YSKk5cO5.gif

UberTag

Star Galaxy, Theatrhythm and now this. But I won't blame them anymore.
They are really doing their best, and this is all they can do for now.

Thank you Wada-san, for laying off too many engineers. Now you guys can not make a single console game anymore :(
Console games are hard.
Gotta pour all those resources into Lightning Returns.
The game that will save the company.
KuGsj.gif

gatti-man

Wow, came in expecting iOS and STILL left disappointed .

Edit: ok I'm getting mad fuck you square! You have stomped on my nut sack all generation!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I knew it as soon as I saw the "..."

Look, Square Enix is a disappointment machine. The sooner we all learn this, the better.

Look at it this way: if Square Enix isn't going to even try, they might as well put their lousy Mana games on a platform most of us will never access, and save some of us poor deluded fools a little money. Merry Christmas to you too, Square Enix! *salute*

Jockel

Remember the times, when square enix announcing something was exciting?
Me neither. I think I officially lost hope now. The magic of the SNES days or even PS2 will never come back.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kagari, you're the last person whom I had ever expected to crush dreams.

(Well, at least the thread title made it obvious.)

nasos_333

Great, as if the absense of any news for Bravely Default US release were not frustrating enough

I wonder if i should just quit gaming altogather the way it is going

Or maybe just move to Japan :), where most good games remain hidden from the rest of the world

Why not iOS... whyyyyyyyyyyyy. I can deal with Square giving shit to 3DS/ Vita - though it is pretty hard - as long as they release something on iOS. But I cannot deal with ignoring 3DS/ Vita and iOS.

Top Bottom