• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces a new Mana game...

Muffdraul

Fuck I'm getting old and out of touch. I just had to google GREE to find out what it was.

EDIT: Oh good, I'm not the only one. Whatever, I'm still old.

Verelios

Didn't we predict this when it was announced? Pretty sure there was a definite vibe of 'social game...'.

I'm sad it came true though =(

Is there a possibility this is a timed exclusive? Still pissed I can't play that SD1 cellphone remake, that's basically the original in color with some tweaks.
I'm still sad the SD1 remake never made it to DS. It was in the same early poll as FFIV and SaGa 2 iirc, so I figured there was some interest at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of SE's mobile remakes get conversions and releases on 3DS eShop and Vita PSN though. SD1 and DQ1-3 especially.

fates

Well what I always wondered is why Seiken Densetsu 3 hasn't been touched since well... it came out. No ports, no nothing.

Though to be honest, current Square Enix would screw it up somehow and keep it Japan only (again).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still sad the SD1 remake never made it to DS. It was in the same early poll as FFIV and SaGa 2 iirc, so I figured there was some interest at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of SE's mobile remakes get conversions and releases on 3DS eShop and Vita PSN though. SD1 and DQ1-3 especially.

Yeah, I really want to play that game. Along with Link's Awakening it was the first game I ever owned. Sword of Mana strayed too far from the original and wasted some good opportunities. Cutting the Chocobro was foolish.

CTLance

Saw the title, knew what was coming... and cringed in pain nonetheless.

Ah well. Fare thee well, Mana franchise. You will always be part of my youth. *sniffle* I... I promised myself I wouldn't cry. *sob*

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
First I've heard of this. You have my thanks.

I just finished listening to Decisive Battle and now I'm on the 1st song on the playlist. This sounds so good.

Glad at least someone took the time to check it out. One of the best hidden OST gems out there.

CorvoSol

Dammit man, my nostalgia's all over the place but it blows my mind how the basis for this track was on the brick GameBoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqAs37x1ZcU

Also check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxXuV7ND0Y&list=PL135B5364A75FD82F&index=6

This entire album really. Love it so damn much.

You wanna talk Mana music, we have to talk about some of my all time favorites:

Meridian Dance

Where Angels Fear to Tread

The Mana Sanctuary

The Dragon's Hole

Rolling Cradle

Oh, Mana, what a series you were. Where did it all go wrong?

How dare they mix the masterpieces Seiken 2 and 3 with the abomination that is Seiken 4 !

THAT GAME NEVER HAPPENED.

So how many RPG series have Square laid in the grave now? Mana, Chrono, Front Mission, and Parasite Eve? Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts are all they've really got left, right?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I played the game a long time ago. I just didn't know there was rearrange album.

Yeah, I meant that specific rearrange album. It's quite old and fairly obscure.

I think "Square Enix announced" + "thing you could conceivably want" + "it's not Eidos" usually implies a social/mobile/browser game, a title that will never be localized, or a sequel you probably didn't ask for.

But people should expect this kind of treatment from Square Enix by now!

NO this isn't a good escuse !!

Dammit my mana days ..to think that when i was younger i did a faq for seiken densetsu 3 .. so many good times turning that game upside down.

CTLance

This thread has me looping the SoM music in the background.

The symphonic reenactments are nice and all, but the SNES can sing in a way that tugs right at my heart strings. Dat howl.

So how many RPG series have Square laid in the grave now? Mana, Chrono, Front Mission, and Parasite Eve? Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts are all they've really got left, right?
Ogre, SaGa, Ivalice, FFCC, Lufia, Valkyrie Profile, Quintet's Creation series. ;_;

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I can't believe this went 4 pages without someone asking this. Is GREE that huge that everyone just knows what it is? I'd never even heard of it until just now.

Well, a lot of us already know about it from the last 50+ times SE announced new games in their classic IP series and they turn out to be GREE games.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
S-E can't get me excited anymore. Announcing FFXII Zodiac edition will be ported to Vita and sent for free to my house wouldn't even make me care. BECAUSE SOMEHOW IT WOULD BE A FUCKING CARD GAME

Laughing on the outside, crying at the truth on the inside.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Maggy is beginning to think that the only good parts of Square emerge from Eidos and Enix.

And when Square does make something worthwhile it gets the stamp of JAPAN ONRY

Top Bottom