• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for PS3/PS4/Vita

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I posted this in the old MC thread, but since it's now slowly being abandoned...

It's just that...right after the launch of the first one? Just one month since the original launched. That's not usual, at all. Doing a bit of research, the only case where something similar happened was with the second Layton, but the game was already assured to be a trilogy. Still, the Vita logo in there is strangely misfitting. Who doubts that there will be a Dragon Quest Heroes 2, but announced already? Let's see what happens, at this point.

Ue90yn7.gif

Heartfyre

That'd be a fast turnover. I expect it'd be more like Dragon Quest Heroes Xtreme Legends rather than a whole new game, but there they are, using that II.

Seems way too early to announce something like this, with the Western release of the original game still a ways off. Despite the evidence, I'm still feeling sceptical.

I don't know what to think about that.

Now I imagine this thread will quickly go on "DQXI on PS4 because it makes so much sense" territory

As noted by some people, the announcement was supposed to be for april 2nd and SE already had their april 1st joke in japan.

Also it's 1 hour to midnight to april 2nd in japan, they wouldn't make a last minute april's fool joke like this.
What was their joke?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
A sequel to the game that just came out?..... Has it even been a month?! Seems a bit weird to announce it that quickly.. they could have at least waited a few months.

If its not a joke, its pretty plausible. If they're gonna release a sequel so soon, they're probably reusing assets, and probably using any thing they had to cut from the first game.

Mpl90

Eh, I don't think it's actually DQXI, because that would be announced in a press conference hosted by Square Enix. That's always been the modus operandi with main installments in the DQ series.

Maybe, we'll discover more during the Nintendo Direct, dun dun duuun *puts tinfoil hat and laughs at himself for the absurdity of what he just said*

Ryan95

I really don't know if I have to believe this, April 1st is always a crucial day to hype for something, so I'll be waiting for more details in the next days.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Seems weird to announce it so soon and for the Vita :/

If you look at the SAO:LS numbers for example there most def is a decent sized userbase there to make $$$ off of as long as the budget is done up correctly.

The other plus is that Omega Force does know how to work with the Vita so its not like they would go farming it out to some shitty doink studio who has no idea what they are doing with the platform.

Its interesting to see them doing a Vita version though from the comments by the devs or was it the producer? When the topic came up initially I remember seeing somewhere.

Here in Japan unlike the West the Vita still is doing fine as is for the most part.

-----

If this is real I seriously hope they do one of those buy a physical console version that has a digital code for the vita version packed in also. But issue with that is would mean they would have to make it so you can use crossplatform saves which =s they need to make the other 2 versions match with the Vita one to some level...

Ryuukan

Is there a chance this is basically Dragon Quest Heroes "Xtreme Legends" but S-E has the balls to call it a sequel

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how much content got cut from the 1st game for them to announce a 2nd so quickly.

They still have like patches that adds extra stages and characters every week or so, with more free DLC to come. The first game isn't actually lacking in content.

Majmun

Does SE already want to kill the franchise? This is too soon.

How was the reception of the first game?

Why is everyone so surprised about a Vita release? One Piece Musou 3 is on Vita, so they obviously have the engine to support a Vita release.

The only thing that surprises me is such a quick announcement so shortly after the first one was released. But I'm sure SE loves money, so... why not?

jonno394

If you look at the SAO:LS numbers for example there most def is a decent sized userbase there to make $$$ off of as long as the budget is done up correctly.

The other plus is that Omega Force does know how to work with the Vita so its not like they would go farming it out to some shitty doink studio who has no idea what they are doing with the platform.

Its interesting to see them doing a Vita version though from the comments by the devs or was it the producer? When the topic came up initially I remember seeing somewhere.

Here in Japan unlike the West the Vita still is doing fine as is for the most part.

-----

If this is real I seriously hope they do one of those buy a physical console version that has a digital code for the vita version packed in also. But issue with that is would mean they would have to make it so you can use crossplatform saves which =s they need to make the other 2 versions match with the Vita one to some level...

If it does come to the Vita and to the west i'll buy it day 1 :)

NeonZ

Is there a chance this is basically Dragon Quest Heroes "Xtreme Legends" but S-E has the balls to call it a sequel

Koei itself released a "Samurai Warriors 4 II", which was basically Extreme Legends without the combination function. It might be their standard mode of operation now since Capcom sued them claiming to have patents for disc based expansions/combination of games on consoles.

Takao

Banned
Why is everyone so surprised about a Vita release? One Piece Musou 3 is on Vita, so they obviously have the engine to support a Vita release.

Because the first Dragon Quest Heroes wasn't on Vita despite the engine being there. While Square Enix isn't the worst, they haven't been big on Vita either.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe only Vita owners are being pranked lol. The logo will just fade away. They haven't even released/announced Dragon Quest Heroes Portable yet :p

RPGCrazied

Already? Wow, first one not even out in the US yet. I'm pretty hyped to play the first one. Really like Hyrule Warriors, so this should be just as fun, but with Dragon Quest people.

Mpl90

Koei itself related a "Samurai Warriors 4 II", which was basically Extreme Legends without the combination function. It might be their standard mode of operation now since Capcom sued them claiming to have patents for disc based expansions/combination of games on consoles.

...Actually, this makes the announcement more "plausible".

Ryuukan

Koei itself related a "Samurai Warriors 4 II", which was basically Extreme Legends without the combination function. It might be their standard mode of operation now since Capcom sued them claiming to have patents for disc based expansions/combination of games on consoles.

case closed to me

Top Bottom