• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for PS3/PS4/Vita

Koei itself related a "Samurai Warriors 4 II", which was basically Extreme Legends without the combination function. It might be their standard mode of operation now since Capcom sued them claiming to have patents for disc based expansions/combination of games on consoles.

Extreme legends games usually add a fair few characters and stages sw4 ii only adds one character and I don't believe as much content either so I'm not really comfortable saying sw4 ii is like a main warriors game plus xl

GunBR

A Vita version? What?
But is SE we are talking, so probably they are disappointed that the game don't crossed the 1 million mark in sales

And if this end up with an DQ 11 for the PS4, they can make how many musou DQ as they want

crinale

Now numerous media like Jump, Dengeki and such have started to mention about this (of course they're trying to say it may be an April Fool's joke lol)
Anyway we'll find out in about 30 minutes.

KoopaTheCasual

April Fools or not, what a stupid way to announce a big/popular new game. Was the "lol, they'll think it's an April Fools joke!" angle really worth killing the hype of this announcement. Now news sites are afraid to touch this story, because they gotta 'wait it out' for confirmation. This only negatively impacts the typical dissemination of this kind of news.

it says vita tho, its obviously a joke.SE, you might bullshit gaf but you won't be bullshitting me.

if this is true and even the vita version is localized I'd get that one.

BadWolf

it says vita tho, its obviously a joke.SE, you might bullshit gaf but you won't be bullshitting me.

if this is true and even the vita version is localized I'd get that one.

Vita has solid sales in Japan, it will be easy money for SE.

It will probably be a PS4 exclusive in the west again.

androvsky

I was going to say, this pushes back the timeframe for a mainline entry (or pushes it onto another platform), but they could have this out by TGS I'm guessing.

Still seems to have a whiff of consolation prize for not getting the mainline entry about it. Shouldn't they also be pumping out remakes and remasters, especially for VIII?

Not complaining about getting more Heroes since it looks like fun.

mao2

I thought that they'll simply announce more DLCs so this is quite a surprise. And it's for Vita too. :D

Hexa

I'm so confused.
This can't be an April fools joke. Even Square Enix can't be lame enough to do announce a sequel to a well received game as a joke. They are Square Enix though so who knows.
But at the same time, what reason could they have to announce a new game now? I don't think there's any reason to appeal to investors atm. Nor does it really do anything for the fanbase without a trailer this early to the release of the previous one. And Square Enix would at least have to know that announcing on April fools would lead to confusion. Did they think the confusion would hype up the game or something and lead to sales of the predecessor?
I have no idea whats going on. I feel its more than just an April fools joke, but this announcement isn't completely legit either.
Fuck it. This is a lead up to the announcement of DQ11 PS4/PS3/Vita. Choochoo motherfucker lets get this hype train going.

It's April the 1st. I'm not buying into this at all. I mean, the first game came out a few weeks ago and they're already going to announce a sequel for it?! Mmm, nah.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Japan doesn't really celebrate April Fools...

FluxWaveZ

Why would this be an April Fool's joke? Is that even a thing in Japan?

Uh, possibly bigger than it is in the west when it comes to the games industry.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020865

Japan doesn't really celebrate April Fools...

zlzztb5zcv2neohzr4no.gif

This would be the best April Fool's joke if true, because it has fooled everyone.

... seriously though, is this true or not? What'n the hell?

Top Bottom