• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for PS3/PS4/Vita

Ue90yn7.gif

jonno394

OT but If dragon quest heroes 2 is announced this fast then I wonder if we'll see hyrule warriors 2 later today.....As people have said, omega force work fast

MrDaravon

Not that I doubt a sequel to this game was coming, but I'm still sort of skeptical of this being real because of a Vita version on top of it being announced so incredibly quickly.

Will be excited if it is real, just seems weird to me. Isn't April Fools really big in Japan too? You'd think if this was a legitimate announcement they wouldn't do it on the first.

DooD1234

OT but If dragon quest heroes 2 is announced this fast then I wonder if we'll see hyrule warriors 2 later today.....As people have said, omega force work fast
I guess it highly depends if Nintendo wants to see a sequel so soon.

Either way damn that was fast. How many months did Japan gets to enjoy this? If this sequel is real, I may just wait for DQH 2 than get the first 1 if they get localized.

Will be excited if it is real, just seems weird to me. Isn't April Fools really big in Japan too? You'd think if this was a legitimate announcement they wouldn't do it on the first.

Yes, but gaming companies usually announce things that are blatantly fake. Like that Tekken X Lord of Vermillion collaboration that mentioned that there would be 765 playable characters. The only thing odd about this is the Vita version, but that isn't necessarily something that would signal that it's fake since OF regularly makes Vita Warriors games.

KZObsessed

Vita is a bit of surpised consinering the first one didn't release on it, but it makes sense for japan.

Wonder if it'll just be PS4 exclusive in the west though.

I've watched some streams of the original and it does look fun so looking forward to playing it.

deleted

Does Sony have some kind of exclusivity deal on the DQ Heroes franchise?
Would be nice to branch out a bit farther than Vita and bring it to WiiU/Steam/Xbox1 too...

GunBR

Would be nice to branch out a bit farther than Vita and bring it to WiiU/Steam/Xbox1 too...

I think them don't have a lot of confidence in the western sales, so that's why no Xbox version

And the WiiU...well, it's the WiiU

deleted

I think them don't have a lot of confidence in the western sales, so that's why no Xbox version

And the WiiU...well, it's the WiiU

Sure, but it's got a higher install base than the PS4 or Vita in Japan and the past few entries in the DQ franchise were Nintendo exclusive so there might be enough fans to make a port worthwhile - in Japan at least.

Hexa

There are already people in this thread saying they are skipping out on the first one's localization in favor of the sequel that we may not get.

That doesn't make sense to me. I can see story probably isn't that big of an element, but if you're interested why not enjoy both? It isn't going to be an updated version of the first game. It's a completely new game. :/

Sure, but it's got a higher install base than the PS4 or Vita in Japan and the past few entries in the DQ franchise were Nintendo exclusive so there might be enough fans to make a port worthwhile - in Japan at least.
Installbase of Vita is higher and installbase growt of ps4 is much better.

SgtCobra

Because? Business wise it would be a pretty big gamble (in the west, in Japan it's DOA except maybe for a WiiU version, maybe). Only thing I can come up with is that Sony has some kind of deal going on yes, also lol at an Xbox One version, you know it's gonna sell bad. I mean, I don't even know how it's going to perform on PS4 in the west let alone a console which the majority of Japanese devs seem to ignore for obvious reasons. I don't know about Steam as I buy my Japanese games for consoles, but I can't imagine it being too hot over there either, although releasing a game for the PC is always a worthwhile investment when you want to test the waters imo.

Oemenia

Banned
Is this good news or bad news, are SE just trying to milk it while console gaming has some relevance or are they ramping up production on HD assets?

Either way, good news for Vita at least.

Still pretty surprised the first wasn't on Vita.

More surprised that people think putting it on Vita and making it crossgen is remotely questionable given this is a game focused at the japanese audience.

Kouriozan

Very nice that they are adding Vita, so tempting.
Can't wait for the first one to release anyway, then I can think about the sequel.

nampad

While it makes sense for it to be on Vita, this makes the first game being absent on Vita even more silly. Same goes for Type 0.

SE acts like a headless chicken.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Still pretty surprised the first wasn't on Vita.

More surprised that people think putting it on Vita and making it crossgen is remotely questionable given this is a game focused at the japanese audience.

Its simple, someone at SQEX obviously did not want it on the Vita for the first game. They are the ones calling the shots with what versions get made.

Makes perfect sense to me business / production wise.

Now that its proven to sell to the general audience broadening the platforms is now a viable option.

Though am still concerned with how it will effect the overall product.

While it makes sense for it to be on Vita, this makes the first game being absent on Vita even more silly. Same goes for Type 0.

SE acts like a headless chicken.

Tabata pretty much admitted that Square's reasoning for making Type-0 current gen exclusive was to help drive up the userbase for XV's platforms.

Top Bottom