• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mana for smartphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivSPBdBofCgwb.gif

kubricks

>>Square Enix announces Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mana
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>> For smartphone
Well, FUCK YOU!
Lucky that Snes emulation on Andriod is amost perfect.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if there's hope for SaGa...

Einhander

I honestly don't mind if it's a good smartphone RPG, but that remains to be seen. There will be a single player mode, right? With a narrative? The "up to 8 players at once" part made me think of a multiplayer only game.

Goli, if/when you make the OT for this, call it Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mobile.

I've gotten over the death of this franchise since the CoM/SD4 fiasco, so honestly they can do what they want. It's not like they can actually go lower :lol

Arzehn

I like how Sinobi starts off the post discussing the speculation of it being a PS3, 3DS, or even a Vita game before crushing dreams.

I mean while we haven't seen the game yet, I don't get why SE can't make Vita ports of all these ios games with the added benefit of physical buttons. Playing Secret of Mana with other people was awesome, sounds kind of cool playing with 7 other people, but not on a phone...

Pyrrhus

Nice try fuckers, but I'm beyond your ability to hurt now. Seriously, this is not a shock or surprise or anything. Besides, they were kind enough to slowly beat Mana to death years ago so this would be pretty easy to take even if they hadn't spent the last two or three years systematically ruining their legacy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not like the games during the last revival were that good so this doesn't hurt that much.

Watch SD2 finally make it to the US with an awful iOS port full of pay to win items though.

keuja

Square Enix is shit nowadays anyway so I don't really care anymore. I'll just support other more deserving developers.

Goli

I honestly don't mind if it's a good smartphone RPG, but that remains to be seen. There will be a single player mode, right? With a narrative? The "up to 8 players at once" part made me think of a multiplayer only game.

Goli, if/when you make the OT for this, call it Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mobile.

Definitely will make something when it releases.
who is happy about this

I don't know if I'm happy but I'm optimistic.

It's not like the games during the last revival were that good so this doesn't hurt that much.

Watch SD2 finally make it to the US with an awful iOS port full of pay to win items though.

Their ports almost never have IAP.

Hiccup

Banned
I really hate Steve jobs right now. All my favorite series are going to buttonless phones with cheapened gameplay.

FUCK

And this was the thread Skyfireblaze could add nothing but a sigh... As a Mana fan for 20 years I really have no words for this. I don't even inherently mind the smartphone bit if and and if only it would be a proper Mana game :/

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Seiken Densetsu 2 is in the US with an awful iOS port. It's called Secret of Mana.

I presume you mean SD3 ;)

KiraXD

God Dammit... i just want a good Mana game on consoles... make up for Dawn... seriously loved the art direction... the game just sucked... gimme next gen watercolor'y art direction with SoM-esque story...

SE... STOP MAKING SHITTY MOBILE GAMES of titles people once loved... jerks...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
God Dammit... i just want a good Mana game on consoles... make up for Dawn... seriously loved the art direction... the game just sucked... gimme next gen watercolor'y art direction with SoM-esque story...

SE... STOP MAKING SHITTY MOBILE GAMES of titles people once loved... jerks...

Sad part is these "shitty mobile games" are making bank for the company which is why they keep doing it...

I find it hard to be outraged at this. It was a dead franchise that hadn't produced a quality game since the 90s anyway, let mobile have it.

Fularu

Banned
Square why don't you just give me a simple compilation of the first three games on 3DS? Just that, I'll even pay 40$ for them.

Make that 4 games and add Secret of Evermore

rjc571

Banned
>>Square Enix announces Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mana
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You really need to update your perception of Square Enix. They're basically on the same level as a company like Zynga. A Square Enix announcement is no longer something worthy of celebrating.

Maxim726X

Get ready for that Chrono Break iOS baby

A few years ago I would have cared enough to get physically ill at the mere sight of this suggestion.

Now? I'm resigned to the fact that it probably wouldn't be very good regardless of platform... So you know what? Put the fucking thing on iOS. Who cares at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom