• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announcing several games at E3

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I know this is probably a pipe dream but I would love to see Square bring back the 2D JRPG. They could start making new Chrono, Mana, even Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games in old school 2D art style. The production costs would be less than Final Fantasy XV and so on. Sell them on XBL, PSN, and e-shop for $20 each. Imagine brand new, open world games that scream 90's.

This has been a wish from me for a while now.

i mean, they've done this

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_All_the_Bravest
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Artniks
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Artniks_Dive
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dimensions
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Legends:_Toki_no_Suishō
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Record_Keeper

this is the world you live in.

KH collection for the bone?

I hope so, people always go to type 0 as a reason why it won't happen ( not knocking the game, I love it ), but an obscure final fantasy title that never came stateside is different sales wise than something as widely known and loved as kingdom hearts. The series holds a lot of sway with people who might own either a ps4 or Xbox one now and I don't see why it wouldn't be successful on either one.

Ponn

Banned
I hope so, people always go to type 0 as a reason why it won't happen ( not knocking the game, I love it ), but an obscure final fantasy title that never came stateside is different sales wise than something as widely known and loved as kingdom hearts. The series holds a lot of sway with people who might own either a ps4 or Xbox one now and I don't see why it wouldn't be successful on either one.

I would say KH3 being announced for Xbox One would be a perfect reason and excuse to do a KH Collection for it if they are doing one for PS4. Just makes sense. Would be silly if they didn't.

I don't know, Disney didn't allow SE to release KH 1.5 and 2.5 on PSN because of "reasons" but both PS4/X1 games have to release on PSN/Live + retail or PSN/Live exclusive so i doubted a full collection was possible

Sooo, Square Enix tweeted a link for a facebook Dragon Quest page to the West and then deleted. The link was broken though.

Interesting huh?

Nimby

Banned
SaGa was already announced as a Vita game =P

I wonder if they intend to localize it.

Also interesting is how the game was announced to release at 2015 and yet we saw nothing but a character design.

I wonder that too. If they do want to localize it, it should surely be here right?

theofficefan99

I'd be very excited for a FFXII HD remaster on the PS4.

Honestly though, with Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest Heroes I and II, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts III, Bravely Second, and Star Ocean 5, there's already a lot for me to be excited for.

I don't think any of the new titles aside from something from Eidos will be anything other than HD remasters or ports. If it's another new console JRPG I'll be legitimately shocked. Though didn't SE say something about rebooting the Mana series, or was that just a rumor?

KHlover

Banned
TWEWY 2 pls.

Also wouldn't complain about a KH Collection for PC. I'd probably buy a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts III, but I'd rather not. Since the MGS V announcement and the building evidence of a PC version of FF XV Kingdom Hearts 3 is just about the only game that could make me buy a PS4 right now. Please think of my wallet Square Enix ;-;

I have often dreamed of a far off place.

In my restless dreams, I see that town...whoops, wrong game :p

TWEWY 2 pls.
This is what I want, but my hopes aren't high.

I know this is probably a pipe dream but I would love to see Square bring back the 2D JRPG. They could start making new Chrono, Mana, even Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games in old school 2D art style. The production costs would be less than Final Fantasy XV and so on. Sell them on XBL, PSN, and e-shop for $20 each. Imagine brand new, open world games that scream 90's.

This has been a wish from me for a while now.
I agree. That would be awesome. But I would also love to see 2D JRPGs but not just in the pixel retro-style, but a modern version of 2D. TWEWY did a great job making an innovative 2D RPG, without necessarily making it seem like a retro throwback. I would love to see more like it, especially if it would lower production budgets. Something like this on a console:
QRSqG7P8NsDuZtsuDb4QiDEJljCD03noPrXQCmqZziG2no_IKtDImOaCZc3QGx5CYRk=h900
Or something like with P4 Arena's visual style, but a full fledged JRPG.

Elios83

I just hope for FFXII HD being announced at E3.
And a new FFXV trailer with a confirmed 2016 release date at Gamescom.

My SE 3DS wish list is huge... but here we go:

- Final Fantasy Tactics A3
- Final Fantasy V
- Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3
- Dragon Quest VII
- Dragon Quest VIII
- The World Ends With You 2

They have been slacking...

Shauni

I know not a tom of people saying it, but I really think there's a decent amount of people who really don't understand how little fanfare there is for Dragon Quest outside Japan. They aren't going to announce DQXI at a non-Japanese event, they aren't going to announce any DQ game outside of a Japanese event unless the announcement is of the localization of an already released game.

FF XII HD Zodiac Job version is something that might realistically happen that would get me pumped.

The more I think about it though, the top of my at-least-marginally plausible wish list would be a new, main-line sequel to tactics (none of this tactics advance stuff). Was never my favorite FF game, but I think a similarly deep experience with modern graphics, a coherent script, and, ideally w/ faster (not less strategic, just smoother/faster) battles would be amazing, and refreshingly different from most of Square's recent work.

I'll be hyped whenever XVI is announced, but I hope it's not until XV is well out the door.

Top Bottom