• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Blood of Bahamut

BluWacky

kamikazekoala said:
Which title was better: Final Fantasy Gaiden: The 4 Heroes of Light or this one. And didnt that title also bomb in Japan or am I wrong?

Because if it was better then above title, why do they release the more awful one? Because it has Final Fantasy in the title?

Neither is awful, but Blood of Bahamut was reputedly ridiculously hard unless you played it multiplayer - which people don't tend to do with JRPGs in the West.

I had thought they'd already translated BoB (one of the Squenix in-house translators is listed in the end game credits). Ah well. Another one for the fan groups to start, do a menu patch and then forget about no doubt.

Aru

Sacha said:
SE dropped the trademark for Blood of Bahamut last month.

33mrfh4.jpg

Bu-but I wanted to try that game :(

Sacha

kamikazekoala said:
Which title was better: Final Fantasy Gaiden: The 4 Heroes of Light or this one. And didnt that title also bomb in Japan or am I wrong?

Because if it was better then above title, why do they release the more awful one? Because it has Final Fantasy in the title?

The 4 Heroes of Light sold around 115k copies on its first week in Japan, and Blood of Bahamut 32k. Can't say if BoB is better than the other, though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kamikazekoala said:

Final Fantasy Gaiden is probably better but who cares if they both end up sucking? :lol

jesusraz

Sacha said:
The 4 Heroes of Light sold around 115k copies on its first week in Japan, and Blood of Bahamut 32k. Can't say if BoB is better than the other, though.
It finally left the Media Create Top 50 at the end of September with a total of around 80,000 units. I don't think launching so close to Dragon Quest IX helped its cause, but it manage to crawl along better than expected after the very poor start.

It's a shame that this, along with Sigma Harmonics, has been dropped after an initial plan to bring it over.

Is there even a slim chance it could arrive under a different name? Final Fantasy: Bahamut's Revenge or something like that? Has the resident GAF S-E guru heard anything?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jesusraz said:
Is there even a slim chance it could arrive under a different name? Final Fantasy: Bahamut's Revenge or something like that? Has the resident GAF S-E guru heard anything?
Obviously Square plans on releasing it as "THE TALES OF BEARSWORTH MANOR"

But seriously, the game is dead. It was obvious when Wada said they were "unsure" about its western release due to low sales, and now the abandoned trademark just seals the deal. You don't abandon a trademark if you have any plans of releasing it whatsoever and Square hasn't trademarked anything that could be an obvious replacement title.

Now the real question is Saga 2's fate as that is the last of the games that Wada was "unsure about its release".

This game is 500 yen at Toys R Us in Japan:lol I bought a copy today just for the Club Nintendo Points (30 points!!!) If anyone wants the Square Enix JP points let me know and I'll give it to ya:lol

Takt of Magic for Wii is also 500 yen at TRUs in Japan, so if you want another 30 club nintendo japan points, I recommend picking it up. The difference between the two though, is that Takt of Magic is good, or so it looks.

Top Bottom