• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix commits to PSN Game Archives..... starting TODAY (Japan)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
industrian said:
This is a megaton. If the US/EU store gets Square Enix games that'd be a gigaton.

Really? I would have thought that they wouldn't due to the EU PS3 not being able to display NTSC.

U.S. PSOne games run fine on an EU system (up-scaled, HDMI connection... this is my set-up anyways).

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Goldrusher said:
You can ignore that if you have an HD display.

All my region free PAL DVDs don't work on my US PS3 as it cannot output PAL, even when i've set it to upscale to 720p. I'm glad to see that games are different.

Crusade

RevenantKioku said:
It's just no surprise. I mean, it's cool we got decent stuff instead of dogshit like Ehrgheiz or Vagrant Story, but the way people are acting here you'd think FF7 got remade.
RevenantKioku said:
I mean, it's cool we got decent stuff instead of dogshit like Ehrgheiz or Vagrant Story
RevenantKioku said:
dogshit like Ehrgheiz or Vagrant Story.
RevenantKioku said:
dogshit like Vagrant Story.
RevenantKioku said:
Dogshit. Vagrant Story.

Facepalm.jpg

buffi

Banned
industrian said:
Really? I would have thought that they wouldn't due to the EU PS3 not being able to display NTSC.

Works fine for me on HD-TV anyways.
If you have a old ass tv then dunno.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'd pretty much given up on them putting stuff up on PSN.

Come on third parties, get your stuff up on it..

And more importantly, get them out on US/EU PSN.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If they're talking about '12 key titles' over time, then surely there must be some FF mixed in with that..

colinp

Banned
If they're willing to dig in to their PS backlog, how about their SNES backlog? Come on Square, bring Chrono Trigger to VC!

gantz85

Banned
i dont mind getting xenogears and replaying it haha. the only problem is with the dungeons = =" i dont wanna to be out of fuel and recharging like mad again. stuck in the dungeon is draggy and frustrating.

buffi

Banned
Troidal said:
Bought Xenogears.

The "load time" seems to be there still :/
Is this how PS1 emulated games work?

Yup. Psone emulation on ps3 is pretty much like playing the games on psone. That is, the games have about the same loading time as well.

Squash

colinp said:
If they're willing to dig in to their PS backlog, how about their SNES backlog? Come on Square, bring Chrono Trigger to VC!

Considering they released it for Playstation too back in the day Chrono Trigger is not too much of a stretch.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
buffi said:
That is, the games have about the same loading time as well.
Depends on the game - thing is a lot of PS1 software can run into problems if you let it run from faster "CD drive" then what PS1 had, so emulation needs to be accurate in those cases.
I did experience some titles that loaded significantly faster on PSP though, so I figure they would on PS3 as well.

biocat

This is awesome! I just saw it when i booted up my PS3 a minute ago.

If anyone needs a PSN card, you can message me. :D

(edit) That would be a Japanese PSN card.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Metalmurphy said:
Slow work day? :D

You know me too well. ;p

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah I know EU is pretty much impossible, but it might be possible on the US store. :p

So far Japan has got MGS, RE2 and now this. I sincerely hope that SCEA and SCEE announce at E3 (or anywhere else for that matter) that classic games still matter to them as there's fairly easy money to be made with them.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
HOLY SHIT HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! OMG MY DREAM JUST CAME TRUE!!!! SQUARE PLEASE PLEASE US RELEASE...

sorry for the caps my keyboard is filled with a white substance.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them

Wooooooooo.

Man, it feels janky as fuck. I love how after a nonsensical cutscene I just get a wall of text that makes my eyes bleed. This will mark, I believe, the eighth time I have attempted to get through this godforsaken game.

Hooray!

RevenantKioku said:
2609838493_45da1aee5d.jpg

Wooooooooo.

Man, it feels janky as fuck. I love how after a nonsensical cutscene I just get a wall of text that makes my eyes bleed. This will mark, I believe, the eighth time I have attempted to get through this godforsaken game.

Hooray!

that screen makes me mad and happy at the same time. Im fine buying the shooters from the JP store but there is no way i would buy an rpg.

MoxManiac

does Einhander have a lot of text? Tempted to get it from the JP store since it'll be 50 years before the douches at SCEA give it the green light here.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
MoxManiac said:
does Einhander have a lot of text? Tempted to get it from the JP store since it'll be 50 years before the douches at SCEA give it the green light here.

I'm pretty sure the US release of Einhänder had more German text in it than English.

But all I really remember is that I named my save file "Einhamder" and sucked at the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MoxManiac said:

You'd be fine.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they upscale these or something. I put FF7 into my PS3 for shits and giggles and it looked TERRIBLE on my 42". I knew it would, but I was surprised at how god awful even the stuff like text was, and what I thought were just solid colored textures were all jacked up.

Monroeski said:
I hope they upscale these or something. I put FF7 into my PS3 for shits and giggles and it looked TERRIBLE on my 42". I knew it would, but I was surprised at how god awful even the stuff like text was, and what I thought were just solid colored textures were all jacked up.
The PSone upscaling could be better. But then again, that isn't the most important thing out there.

Top Bottom