• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix finally gives us the final answer to one of the biggest FFVII arguments ever.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
384535704_233984486315000_717922103164334695_n.jpg

Boom. There it is. Fuck you Ket Shee people lolol! No ragrets! I always pronounced it right. What's funny is that on the FF Reddit there was post with 1200 upvotes telling people to prepare themselves to call him Ket Shee yesterday hahaha. Ket Shee is cat shit. Kate Sihth now...that's good.

Last edited:

saintjules

Ok, but what tf kind of name is that.

The cat-sìth may have been inspired by the Scottish wildcat itself. It is possible that the legends of the cat-sìth were inspired by Kellas cats, which are a distinctive hybrid between Scottish wildcats and domestic cats found only in Scotland (the Scottish wildcat is a population of the European wildcat, which is now absent from elsewhere in the British Isles).

Last edited:

Deft Beck

They are using the Japanese pronunciations/spelling for consistency. For the same reason, we have Kyrie in FF7R pronounced as "Ky-ree-eh".

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
LOL I used to troll the FF7 GameFAQs boards by calling him “Ketto shi” which is apparently the Japanese pronunciation of the Gaelic pronunciation of his name, forget if that came from Advent Children or what.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Was confirmed last week or so in Briana White's reaction vid to the latest trailer. She pronounces it "cait," in her excited rambling.

Aenima

Boom. There it is. Fuck you Ket Shee people lolol! No ragrets! I always pronounced it right. What's funny is that on the FF Reddit there was post with 1200 upvotes telling people to prepare themselves to call him Ket Shee yesterday hahaha. Ket Shee is cat shit. Kate Sihth now...that's good.
Seems i always pronounced the name correct. Wheres my cookie?
What i strugle is calling Aerith by her changed name as in the original her name was Aeris and just sounds better in my language.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Seems i always pronounced the name correct. Wheres my cookie?
What i strugle is calling Aerith by her changed name as in the original her name was Aeris and just sounds better in my language.
We might have lost the Aeris war. But Cait Sith...finally.

Great, I hate hearing that other pronunciation. Too bad this is an awful character regardless of how you say the name. Maybe this is one thing they will retcon and make a little better - always hated his "sacrifice" and redemption only to show up two seconds later rendering it meaningless.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

The "ket shee" people were always weirdos to me - I never bothered to entertain them. It has always been obvious to me how it's pronounced, because it's literally based off of a Scottish fairy tale creature called cat-sith which is pronounced "Kate Sith".

The character’s original Japanese name is ケットシー.

So, yeah, both pronunciations are correct. One is Japanese, the other is English. It’s dumb to say the Japanese name when reading the English name, though.

Barakov

Good to know I was right.

Top Bottom