• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix official TGS 13 site live

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ExCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!
FFXV is in the banner :p

banner.png
LOLOLOLOL

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Prior. They added it after reveal.

Yeah, I was going through that. It's added to OP now. Thanks.

I think it's extremely weird to not list it on the site considering the titles are already revealed and announced. Holding it back and saying "SURPRISE" at the event is sort of stupid at this point.

kayos90

The sad thing is that only nomuras ff are enjoyable. I really couldn't stand toriyamas ff13s... There is nobody at SE that can handle a good ff. They better shift their focus on getting the game finished.

Errr... what other mainline FF games has Nomura directed/produced? I think you're generalizing and reaching for something that doesn't really exist.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nice find!
Let's just hope they don't recycle the E3 trailer...
Did Square ever recycle ANYTHING in their days?

:D

HeelPower

The problem isn't that they are showing it off so much (it's actually nice to see SE being so open about the production of the game), the problem is that they suck at it.

you know...I never hated FF13 or Lightning back when it released.

But really their obsessive , self-insulting LR marketing got me. I am quite annoyed how they think this game represents the culmination of FF.

Just the way they equate LR with ARR is quite embarrassing.Do they really equate Yoshi's effort with Toriyama's ?

its pretty much the only thing they have console wise.

Final Fantasy XIV : A Real Reborn ?? A much bigger, more significant game ?

Squire

Banned
Was referring to the fact that everyone loses their britches any time Lightning is mentioned outside of "The Lightning Saga", but that would also conjure up some mighty flows of ass juice.

Oh, I got the joke. The reaching people are doing for the other games to be there tells me who's really going to be upset though.

Errr... what other mainline FF games has Nomura directed/produced? I think you're generalizing and reaching for something that doesn't really exist.

You'd be surprised how many people think Nonura is like the creative director of the franchise or something.

Or maybe you wouldn't!

The sad thing is that only nomuras ff are enjoyable. I really couldn't stand toriyamas ff13s... There is nobody at SE that can handle a good ff. They better shift their focus on getting the game finished.

The only title where Normura worked in a capacity larger than "main character designer" was FF VII and Advent Children.

kayos90

You'd be surprised how many people think Nonura is like the creative director of the franchise or something.

Or maybe you wouldn't!

I feel like this is some veiled criticism over the stupid posts and dogpiling bullshit we've seen in FF/SE threads lately.

Exentryk

I think it's extremely weird to not list it on the site considering the titles are already revealed and announced. Holding it back and saying "SURPRISE" at the event is sort of stupid at this point.

It's not really that weird. XV and KH3 are their biggest titles and keeping them as a surprise showing is understandable. We also have the Sony event, so between the two, I expect the see XV somewhere.

kayos90

It's not really that weird. XV and KH3 are their biggest titles and keeping them as a surprise showing is understandable. We also have the Sony event, so between the two, I expect the see XV somewhere.

In what effect and degree would this surprise be? "Aww... it's not at the show" and when the show is actually here people go "OMG IT"S FFXV/KH3!"? Is that the type of surprise you're expecting? The game is already announced. The surprise factor gained from not announcing these two games are part of the line up at TGS only to show up is going to be is very minimal in my eyes just because of how mediocre it is to reveal a game that's already announced.

Squire

Banned
I feel like this is some veiled criticism over the stupid posts and dogpiling bullshit we've seen in FF/SE threads lately.

Er, no, there's no hidden meaning.

I should say the people I'm referring to usually don't actually play the series. They here Nomura's name often enough though that I guess it creates this false perception that he's a creative lead over the franchise.

duckroll

In what effect and degree would this surprise be? "Aww... it's not at the show" and when the show is actually here people gol "OMG IT"S FFXV/KH3!"? Is that the type of surprise you're expecting. The game is already announced. The surprise factor gained from not announcing these two games are part of the line up at TGS only to show up is going to be is very minimal in my eyes just because of how mediocre it is to reveal a game that's already announced.

Obviously the surprise is that on 9/9 Sony will announce that they have secured FFXV and KH3 as PS4 exclusives for the Japanese market, and then they will proceed to have a stage gameplay demo, before announcing that FFXV will be playable at TGS at both the Sony and S-E booths, while everyone who plays FFXV at TGS will also get a ticket to redeem a KH related prize if they show up at the KH3 stage at Disney's D23 event in October!

Please be excited.

HeelPower

In what effect and degree would this surprise be? "Aww... it's not at the show" and when the show is actually here people go "OMG IT"S FFXV/KH3!"? Is that the type of surprise you're expecting? The game is already announced. The surprise factor gained from not announcing these two games are part of the line up at TGS only to show up is going to be is very minimal in my eyes just because of how mediocre it is to reveal a game that's already announced.

FFXV is what like eight years old ?

Please enjoy more Lightning Returns costumes while we prepare more information about the titles not ready to show.

kayos90

Obviously the surprise is that on 9/9 Sony will announce that they have secured FFXV and KH3 as PS4 exclusives for the Japanese market, and then they will proceed to have a stage gameplay demo, before announcing that FFXV will be playable at TGS at both the Sony and S-E booths, while everyone who plays FFXV at TGS will also get a ticket to redeem a KH related prize if they show up at the KH3 stage at Disney's D23 event in October!

Please be excited.

I know you so well that I actually caught on the joke lol.

Exentryk

Minimal is better than nothing.

kayos90

If LR ends up being really a great game, why not?

Most often the marketing efforts are associated with the amount of money and effort spent on the game. By this notion, ARR should have way more marketing than LR regardless of how well LR does critically.

duckroll

Guys, don't lose hope! There are still three issues of Famitsu before TGS officially starts! Maybe there's going to be some huge blow out planned, and they'll be updating the site after that issue is out! Believe!

M_Night stole my account and made me post this.

HeelPower

If LR ends up being really a great game, why not?

massive mmo rebuilt competently in 3 years by a huge team that drained the entire company...compared to a costume fest , boob enhancement , one character game that doesn't even look like a 2013 game.

why not ?

Pooya

what's left to put Lightning in it? DQX? :p

edit: isn't Deadman's Cross new? when they announced that?

Dark_castle

The Lightning Returns stage event will specifically cover how Lightning Returns will collaborate with other titles in the Final Fantasy series, bringing Lightning everywhere so everyone can enjoy her greatness.

Nothing for FFXV, nothing for KH3.

1234931504682.jpg

Famassu

There's rumors floating about that production on KH3 has not started yet, but no FFXV showing would mean that Square Enix is dicking around again. Makes me wonder if there's no decent programmers left at SE.
They've started production on KHIII over a year ago. After E3 they were already speaking about certain aspects of the game as if they had at least some very early builds running at the offices, but so early that it was in no shape of being worth showing to the outside world.

luca1980

Banned
Might want to put this in the OP:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs13/stage/

Their TGS page also has a listing of stage events for their booth during TGS. There are events scheduled for DQX, FFXIV, Lightning Returns, and a talk event with composers featuring Kenji Ito, Yasunori Mitsuda, and Yoko Shimomura.

The Lightning Returns stage event will specifically cover how Lightning Returns will collaborate with other titles in the Final Fantasy series, bringing Lightning everywhere so everyone can enjoy her greatness.

...why mitsuda?
did he do something with square-enix recently?

duckroll

They've started production on KHIII over a year ago. After E3 they were already speaking about certain aspects of the game as if they had at least some very early builds running at the offices, but so early that it was in no shape of being worth showing to the outside world.

I don't think you know what "started production" means. Maybe you mean pre-production. Even then, I doubt it's true.

Go_Ly_Dow

Guys, don't lose hope! There are still three issues of Famitsu before TGS officially starts! Maybe there's going to be some huge blow out planned, and they'll be updating the site after that issue is out! Believe!

M_Night stole my account and made me post this.

Possible. Famitsu is bound to pull through one of these days.

I sense an X blowout on the horizon.

Psxphile

Might want to put this in the OP:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs13/stage/

Their TGS page also has a listing of stage events for their booth during TGS. There are events scheduled for DQX, FFXIV, Lightning Returns, and a talk event with composers featuring Kenji Ito, Yasunori Mitsuda, and Yoko Shimomura.

Yasunori Mitsuda
Chrono Break confirmed.

Famassu

I don't think you know what "started production" means. Maybe you mean pre-production. Even then, I doubt it's true.
Osaka team was said to be working on a big project after DDD was released last year already. That game was obviously KHIII. And in the E3 interviews they were talking like they already had some early builds of the game running & were already testing some gameplay elements that they are planning to include in the game. These rumors are about as believable as all the rumors throughout the years that Versus XIII was cancelled.

luca1980

Banned
Chrono Break confirmed.

please don't ask it...se could make you happy with a mobage ios sequel nobody asked!!!!!

jokes a side...that would be a bless...so it's impossibile...

i would cry just for a chrono cross\vagrant story\xenogears remake on vita\ps3..just fluid animations and good textures and polygons refined...so i know with this square enix: impossibile!

anyway...let's hope for 1 surprise..

duckroll

Osaka team was said to be working on a big project after DDD was released last year already. That game was obviously KHIII. And in the E3 interviews they were talking like they already had some early builds of the game running & were already testing some gameplay elements that they are planning to include in the game. These rumors are about as believable as all the rumors throughout the years that Versus XIII was cancelled.

Actually the interviews at E3 make it pretty clear that there's almost no game yet and they're still at the stage where the team is just trying to familiarize themselves with the tech. Nomura is just talking about his ideas for the game. After KH3D was released Nomura said they were doing some HD tech experiments with regards to KH. That turned out to be KH1.5, which Osaka was working on to get used to current console tech. We're talking about a studio which has zero experience with anything higher than PS2 technology as of early 2012. :p

kayos90

Actually the interviews at E3 make it pretty clear that there's almost no game yet and they're still at the stage where the team is just trying to familiarize themselves with the tech. Nomura is just talking about his ideas for the game. After KH3D was released Nomura said they were doing some HD tech experiments with regards to KH. That turned out to be KH1.5, which Osaka was working on to get used to current console tech. We're talking about a studio which has zero experience with anything higher than PS2 technology as of early 2012. :p

I would also like to chime in that considering 2.5 is coming out that the Osaka team is most likely busy with that while only a small portion of the team is working on pre-production for KH3. They showed that tech demo at E3 to show what the game would look and feel like. Almost everything they say right now is subject to change with a high level of discretion.

Top Bottom