• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix official TGS 13 site live

RPGCrazied

I only want to hear about KH 3, FF 15 and Bravely Default. Some surprises would be nice, but for all that is holy don't announce another XIII game.

EDIT: And the release date for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD!

Tripon

Actually the interviews at E3 make it pretty clear that there's almost no game yet and they're still at the stage where the team is just trying to familiarize themselves with the tech. Nomura is just talking about his ideas for the game. After KH3D was released Nomura said they were doing some HD tech experiments with regards to KH. That turned out to be KH1.5, which Osaka was working on to get used to current console tech. We're talking about a studio which has zero experience with anything higher than PS2 technology as of early 2012. :p

Man, I just want to cry at how SE squanders their resources...

Based on David Yang, Senior PR Manager of Square Enix. I asked him and several other employees several of the same questions just so I could confirm with multiple people what was being said was, in fact, true.

You based that on what really? On another thought you're right I don't think they've sold FFXV posters at E3 so it's a new content!

Merchandise is content. Kinda. Newly printed posters and the like.

Yep, a new as-of-yet-unreleased wall scroll.

Your guys level of pessimism is astonishing. He wasn't talking about merchandise. Word for word he said:

"We will have more new content to show for the game at TGS."

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Based on David Yang, Senior PR Manager of Square Enix. I asked him and several other employees several of the same questions just so I could confirm with multiple people what was being said was, in fact, true.

Your guys level of pessimism is astonishing. He wasn't talking about merchandise. Word for word he said:

"We will have more new content to show for the game at TGS."

Did you ask what kind of content? PR is gonna PR.

Yeah. A new poster. For the game.

kswiston

Considering the fact that they have two big Final Fantasy launches ongoing or in the near future (Lightning Returns and FFXIV), it makes sense that Final Fantasy XV wouldn't have much of a role this show. If S-E really is turning things around regarding game development, we should start to see a playbable version of the game in the 2014 round of trade shows though.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is absent because there's no way that game is ready before the end of 2015.

Did you ask what kind of content? PR is gonna PR.

If I had to beat money, it would be a new trailer.

He also confirmed (along with all the other employees I talked to), that all gameplay in the two trailers they showed at E3 is all from the game. The Accordo and Lucis builds were taken from two different builds too, hence why graphically some parts look better than others.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

He also confirmed (along with all the other employees I talked to), that all gameplay in the two trailers they showed at E3 is all from the game. The Accordo and Lucis builds were taken from two different builds too, hence why graphically some parts look better than others.

Talk is cheap. We'll have clarification at the event.

Better to save your zeal until then.

That's great. So why can't they show us more gameplay from these builds?

Sez

I don't get why people are super excited about FFXV and KHIII when these games wont be released until 2015 at least.

2014 is gonna be a looong year with all this hype.

Well some people think FFXV will get released in 2014
lol

Who thinks that? Let's make an avatar bet or something haha.

FFX HD is delayaed until 2014, LR is delayed to 2014 outside Japan, and you guys think FFXV will be released in 2014?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Yeah.... I don't buy this.

jett

D-Member

Just stop. This is complete bullshit.

HeelPower

This is crucial info right there,They could and should have said that in every interview they conducted post E3.Why should this be confidential at this point?

raven777

There is no way some(most) of the Accordo scenes were real-time. I am pretty sure Nomura himself said they were not realtime. (can't remember if it was nomura or hashimoto)

I can understand for The Lucis scenes though. The building scene between the main trailer and gameplay trailer was somewhat different(shadow quality, frame rates)

Nerokis

Actually, it appears that Nomura did much more for FFVIII than just the character designs and battle stuff. There was a FFVIII art exhibit by S-E some time back featuring Nomura's artwork, and it featured designs for all the Guardian Forces as well as FMV storyboards for major scenes.

Lots of images at these links:

http://www.i-mezzo.net/log/2013/04/13012815.html
http://shinozou.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-64.html
http://ffnoayumi.or-hell.com/artnia/artniaのff8原画展を見てきました
http://rebirth.elwi.info/blog-entry-4729.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41741009@N07/sets/72157633227371606/

People also tend to underestimate his hand in characterization and plot. This article goes into a lot of detail on his work in VII and VIII (sources are at the bottom): http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=81&more=1

There is no way some(most) of the Accordo scenes were real-time. I am pretty sure Nomura himself said they were not realtime. (can't remember if it was nomura or hashimoto)

I can understand for The Lucis scenes though. The building scene between the main trailer and gameplay trailer was somewhat different(shadow quality, frame rates)
It was Hashimoto who said that during the "Future of Final Fantasy" conference after Sony E3.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Problem with XV is you don't know what's scripted and what isn't.

I think this is a rather hasty assumption. The problem is that there isn't much we have seen of the game so far and it's hard to judge what is and will be the final product. From what we've seen though there are way too many scripted scenes for my liking.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
that's just because we don't exactly know how the game is played in the first place.

At the end of the day that is what matters. "How the game is played"

And while it is jumping to conclusions, it's all "we have been allowed" to work with.

KoopaTheCasual

I don't get why people are super excited about FFXV and KHIII when these games wont be released until 2015 at least.

2014 is gonna be a looong year with all this hype.

Who thinks that? Let's make an avatar bet or something haha.

FFX HD is delayaed until 2014, LR is delayed to 2014 outside Japan, and you guys think FFXV will be released in 2014?

People don't think it's releasing in NA in 2014. People think it's releasing in Japan in Holiday 2014. Since LR and FFXIV:ARR both release in 2013. Don't know why that's so farfetched. However, if FFXV is really a no show at TGS when both David Yang and Nomura said it would be there, I really have no hope for SE's level of competence at even the most basic of tasks.

Top Bottom