• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix official TGS 13 site live

Famassu

Actually the interviews at E3 make it pretty clear that there's almost no game yet and they're still at the stage where the team is just trying to familiarize themselves with the tech. Nomura is just talking about his ideas for the game. After KH3D was released Nomura said they were doing some HD tech experiments with regards to KH. That turned out to be KH1.5, which Osaka was working on to get used to current console tech. We're talking about a studio which has zero experience with anything higher than PS2 technology as of early 2012. :p
But not all of Osaka team has surely worked on KH1.5 (there was that thing about only two programmers being on it for a year, of course with other additional team members that aren't programming). And the most recent interview I've read about KHIII is one where Nomura says they are "finally ready to enter full development", that usually happens after extensive pre-production/prototyping/whatnot phase when they've got most of the tech & plans for the game figured out, even if not finalized (I mean, Versus XIII didn't enter full production until mid 2011).

Dark_castle

The talk about Yasunori Mitsuda is intriguing.

Could SE be making some crazy next gen comeback with a great console FF in XV, Kingdom Hearts and a new Chrono game for PS4?!?

Oh god oh god please make it happen! Make the Radical Dreamer a full fledged console title, basically a direct sequel to Trigger and prequel to Cross. Dev team:

Supervisor: Hironobu Sakaguchi
Producer: Yoshinori Kitase, Takashi Tokita
Director/Base Story: Masato Kato, Akihiko Matsui
Lead Battle Designer: Hiroyuki Ito, Akihiko Matsui
Music Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda
Character Designer: Akira Toriyama
Scenario Writer: Masato Kato, Yuji Horii
Event Director: Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroki Chiba

Soriku

Could SE be making some crazy next gen comeback with a great console FF in XV, Kingdom Hearts and a new Chrono game for PS4?!?

Oh god oh god please make it happen! Make the Radical Dreamer a full fledged console title, basically a direct sequel to Trigger and prequel to Cross. Dev team:

This is Square Enix dude lol.

SE if you don't show XV and KH3 I swear to god...

1311031-psyched_dojima.jpg

Famassu

There's no contradiction there. Started production =/= full development. They've had some kind of team getting the project off the ground since DDD's development finished, preparing tech, planning gameplay & story, prototyping stuff, building some early code etc. (that's my definition of "started production"), and are now moving on to developing it full time with a big team.

Go_Ly_Dow

Its time to stop posting :(

Astery

I'll be surprised if a new FF15 trailer or the release window is given in TGS. Otherwise it's just everyday business in SE.

Sony has to sell the PS4 to Japanese people, so I'm sure FF15 will be there in some capacity. KH3 might get a proper CG trailer if we're lucky.

Oh look SE dicking around again....seriously they are one of the worst developers around now, constantly delaying stuff, contantly releasing screen shots when people want release dates *cough* Deus Ex HR:directors cut and FFx/X-2 *cough*, not starting work on fan demanded projects, not showing things etc etc etc

what do they actually do thats good these days?

Famassu

Actually that is in fact the definition. Otherwise the term pre-production is meaningless. It refers to planning and work done before actual production starts. :p
Well, I'm not sure if what you mean by full production and what Nomura means with full development are the same thing. To me it seems like maybe he separates pre-production, early production and full production as kind of separate things (not that the line between them is always super clear). Pre-production is the absolute beginning of any project and it's like what you describe, but once that's done the dev teams don't always move to full production right away. They can still continue developing the game with a small team that willl kind of get the actual production started past planning & tech preparation stages (maybe develop some early levels/locales of a game just to see the first results after all the preparation in pre-production), but they don't quite have the full strenght of the the studio behind them. Nomura doesn't consider their Versus XIII development to have entered "full production" until mid 2011 even though they showed some pretty polished looking (though still somewhat early) footage of the game six months earlier in early 2011 (so they clearly had an early playable build of the game and some content done, so it wasn't in pre-production anymore) and after they entered full production they had the world fully traversable a few months later in Fall 2011.

Semantics aside, I was just dismissing that rumor which implied that they still haven't done anything with the game, when they've done extensive preparations and, according to Nomura's own words, even entered full production. So a rumor stating they haven't even started production of the game is just clearly false.

what do they actually do thats good these days?
The actual finished games (apart from a select few)? I mean, you think the company is shitty just because they don't tell release dates and show screenshots of games. Wut?

Famassu

KH3 can go on ps5 lol
The Osaka team has pointed out they have the full support of the Luminous team behind them. The Luminous team whose sole meaning has been to figure out how to get the best out of the next-gen platforms and develop the tools to enable them to do that as efficiently as possible. So any weaknesses that the Osaka team might have in their development skills for post-PS2 level hardware will likely not be too much of an issue.

Come on, who is really doubting FFXV's appearance? Do you honestly believe it won't be there? Honestly?! You know it will. You know you're hyped. Just let it free. Please, be excited as you can be!

We went through this with E3. So many naysayers and look what happened, it made an appearance. A damn fine one!

I was hoping for some info on Bravely Default 2. But since yesterday I'm pretty sure they won't say anything since "For The Sequel" is releasing in some months.

Sandfox

Nomura already said that FF XV and KH III will be at TGS. All this complaining is nonsense.

People are wary because SE has done it before.
Sony has to sell the PS4 to Japanese people, so I'm sure FF15 will be there in some capacity. KH3 might get a proper CG trailer if we're lucky.

They could always do what they did for the Vita and rely on HSG(which I wouldn't exactly be opposed to).

Jack cw

The only title where Normura worked in a capacity larger than "main character designer" was FF VII and Advent Children.
Dont forget FF8, FF10 and KH... I consider both 7 and 8 as the best FFs. He was there in the development and he couldnt do worse job than Toriyama...

EDIT:
Hopefully no closed theater or something...

Right now SE has:

FFXV
KH3
FFXIV
FF13 LR
BD for the sequel
DQM2
KH 2.5?
FFX HD

in dev. A lot of those games are coming out soon, so surely they have some new jrpgs to announce.

raven777

Dont forget FF8, FF10 and KH... I consider both 7 and 8 as the best FFs. He was there in the development and he couldnt do worse job than Toriyama...

EDIT:
Hopefully no closed theater or something...

did nomura work on FF8 and 10 other than being main character designer?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
New Aya game?
FF6 remake?
New Chrono :']

They lost the license to PE series if I recall. Doesn't matter since 3rd Birthday butchered the series and turned Maeda into a perv emulating the inner Toriyama.

FF6 remake for iOS.

New Chrono is actually Lightning Returns.

Jack cw

did nomura work on FF8 and 10 other than being main character designer?

No. But he was pretty good with KH. It was a well balanced and great action rpg and it looks like 15 is going to something similar too. He is the right guy for this game. His designs are way better this time and the gameplay and the gamedesign are working so far.

raven777

No. But he was pretty good with KH. It was a well balanced and great action rpg and it looks like 15 is going to something similar too. He is the right guy for this game. His designs are way better this time and the gameplay and the gamedesign are working so far.

yea no doubt I love KH games and thats why I am really excited for XV.

He was the Battle Visual Director for FF8. IIRC, he storyboarded the limit breaks and all the summon attack animations and so on.

oh didn't know about that. Thanks for the info.

duckroll

Actually, it appears that Nomura did much more for FFVIII than just the character designs and battle stuff. There was a FFVIII art exhibit by S-E some time back featuring Nomura's artwork, and it featured designs for all the Guardian Forces as well as FMV storyboards for major scenes.

Lots of images at these links:

http://www.i-mezzo.net/log/2013/04/13012815.html
http://shinozou.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-64.html
http://ffnoayumi.or-hell.com/artnia/artniaのff8原画展を見てきました
http://rebirth.elwi.info/blog-entry-4729.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41741009@N07/sets/72157633227371606/

Asd202

SE why you wouldn't list them on your got damn website if you're going to show them even if only on Sony pre TGS event. Anyway what's up with Yasunori Mitsuda being there? Did he work on LR? If he and Shimomura are both doing the FF XV soundtrack It's going to be personal megaton for me.

DR2K

Banned
Well considering xv and kh3 are essentially just getting started, they probably have little new to show.

Top Bottom