• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS report

Kagari said:
I am curious to how big the game will actually be if they're touting BD, heh.
Well, after the heavily-compressed dialogue audio in FF12, I'm absolutely ready for FF to have more storage.

-Kh-

Banned
Kagari said:
I am curious to how big the game will actually be if they're touting BD, heh.

Well that's not really an issue, the game well could be as big as FFX for some 50-60h (did 100h on it)or as long as FFXII for more than 120-150h (and around 240h on it).

It is all about how much content they add to keep you playing and going around through the areas. I do hope they have learnt from XI and XII and they will take the great stuff from them, such as timed/random mosnter spawns, same with the drop rates, but not to the low extremes of XII.

Although without having playing the Zodiac version, I've heard that the drop rates have been improved, so that's a good signal. But who knows if they will take any of that into account and would just give us a less open game like X and before.

However I do think most space is obviously going to be used for uncompressed high-quality audio and videos (hopefully).

duckroll

Autumn Thread said:
blu-ray is a bonus and because of that uploading to the blu-ray discs is faster.

Are you sure that's what he said? I dunno if you actually have the mag, but I read the summary on 2ch and he says that because of the production process of blu-ray, they have to complete the demo much faster (to meet the date). "Master Up" is the Japanese term for "going gold" in terms of development process.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
-Kh- said:
Maybe because they don't run on the same hardware? Because both are designed to meet certain requirements which for the case of Crysis are so much higher allowing the developers more room to create better models, with more polys, with better textures, lighting, effects, etc?

Why is it that hard for so many people to understand that?

Apples and Oranges...

Compare MGS4 models to FFXIII models, that's all fine and well, both are PS3 games, etc.

And you like your increasing your post count posting several times in a row instead of quoting everyone in the same post ,don't you?

Because he was saying they were the best characters models of the generation, not the best character models on the PS3 or consoles. Seems a perfectly valid comparison. One can prefer FFXIII or MGS4, but Crysis's models are far more detailed.

Also thats how I post. Deal with it and if you cant, put me on ignore, I really dont care

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:
Are you sure that's what he said? I dunno if you actually have the mag, but I read the summary on 2ch and he says that because of the production process of blu-ray, they have to complete the demo much faster (to meet the date). "Master Up" is the Japanese term for "going gold" in terms of development process.

More sense, this makes.

Rpgmonkey

Autumn Thread said:
Not posting this in a new thread for obvious reasons.

This weeks Gemaga has an interview with Nomura, he mentions that before the end of the year we'll see the battle scene in FF13, blu-ray is a bonus and because of that uploading to the blu-ray discs is faster. Also, they have no immediate plans to release information on the voice acting cast.

FF Agito - The current battle interface is temporary. Shown in the latest pictures is 3 people in a party but as production moves along it will become more.

Versus - "The Goddess Etro" which was spoken of in the dialogue between Noctis and Stella is not the goddess shown in the painting drawn by Amano.

So I can apparently start caring more about this game now, they seem ready.

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:

It'll probably won't be any sooner than Dec. The demo ships in March, and they have to complete it by Dec to start producing the discs.

-Kh-

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:

Well with a Demo confirmed to be out in just 5 months (or 4 already) you could be sure that at least the basic gameplay for the demo has been finished up.

I dunno how different is in Japan, but the demo has to hit SCEI for approval at least 3 to 4 weeks before release for full test cycle and then have time for any resub. So they just have about 3 months left.

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
It'll probably won't be any sooner than Dec. The demo ships in March, and they have to complete it by Dec to start producing the discs.

This'll be at Jump Festa in Dec. right?

Sounds like good timing to show off something like this, unless SE doesn't really do much there.

HK-47 said:
Because he was saying they were the best characters models of the generation, not the best character models on the PS3 or consoles. Seems a perfectly valid comparison. One can prefer FFXIII or MGS4, but Crysis's models are far more detailed.

Also thats how I post. Deal with it and if you cant, put me on ignore, I really dont care
crysis has more facial detail (only some, grunts etc are plain in comparison), but overall I definitely prefer the modelling in mgs4, and the facial animation is much better to boot

-Kh-

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
This'll be at Jump Festa in Dec. right?

Sounds like good timing to show off something like this, unless SE doesn't really do much there.

Jump Festa is a big event for SE too, based on previous years, we should even expect new games to show up in there for the FY2009 which is basically empty, by the expection of 1 or 2 games.

Jijidasu

Sorry I was tired writing that up last night, probably worded some of it wrong.

The uploading thing I don't quite understand as well, they used a word "Master Up" which, I have no idea. I assume it's uploading or something because they wrote about the trial version shipping in March and how because of Blu-Ray it's easier to "master up" it to the disc.

I have no doubt they'll be showing the battle system at Jump Festa. :)

Top Bottom