• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS report

Euphor!a said:
Umm... Is that not usually the case? Lowest common denominator and all.

lets not bring this discussion...usually its fine to discuss anything, but this is neogaf, and this stuff always descends into the same old crap... Just for referrence though, the game is being developed first on ps3 then ported. I expect versus to look better by a small margin though, it is coming out later

Personally I am especially interested to see how good versus looks ingame

duckroll

People that want to start shit or continue shit about systems wars in FF threads could potentially be banned until Versus is released. :eek:

soul

duckroll said:
People that want to start shit or continue shit about systems wars in FF threads could potentially be banned until Versus is released. :eek:

:(

It makes me sad to think it's going to take that long. I WANT VERSUS :mad:

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
duckroll said:

Damn thats an exodus not a banning.

I cant wait for the full Dissidia picture with the heroes across from the villians

more impressions (from YuukiHikari person who posted Agito trailer)

The current Agito trailer and the old one, other than the in-game play and battle system, were NOTHING alike. You could tell they up'd the anty with the graphics, but the actual trailer FMVs were done like a 40's/50's style video recording - very scratchy and old school. It had a really neat effect. The kids had their school uniforms covered by cloaks. The world was escentially going to war and they were going to protect the shattered crystal (the crystal cracks and partially shatters to start the trailer). I just remember the 2006 & 2007 TGS Agito trailers being the most vibrant of the 3, very colourful and pretty (I was so mad it was on mobile) then the PSP announcement, and it gets DARK and violent (not that I'm complaining lol, just surprised, because I hadn't had that impression previously). I should go fish a picture out of the Square booklet.

Holy shit Versus. The in-game was stunning. It fooled me a few times, because you couldn't always tell it was in-game. The in-game stuff did give itself away sometimes by how a character would move or the pixelation of hair strands (heh, yeah, single strands).

Versus gets the gold star of the trip for having the MOTHER of all soundtracks. omg.

There were actually TWO new characters introduced for XIII. One was the silver haired man (it was tied back in a stubby poiny tail). He was military, tall and skinnier. He had an ear piece on his right ear that he took off as he left his post.

There was also a woman, who appeared to be either military, or in a powerful position of some sort. She's got long, blonde hair (knee lenth - STUNNINGLY RENDERED. The hair rendering was so realistic and natural on her I dropped my jaw @.@) and rectangular-framed glasses. She looked to hold herself high. She encounters pig-tailed girl who's following behind what looked like a funeral procession and stops the progression (I checked with my friend who saw it with me - it looked like 8 men were carrying a casket, flanked by officers as they left a hall - ala military funeral). Pig-tailed girl is actually cloaked - very awesome white cloak (or light colour - it was a night scene so I can't remember the colour exactly)

jax (old)

Banned
Untitled-1.jpg

want. like now.

I thought this was cellphone. But I think on the latest 1upyours, they said PSP. Going PSP = drool. I might buy ver 3000 and play this on the hot hot new screen

Still think dissisdia will bomb out like that FF spinoff shooter/DMC clone whatever its called again. The one with the vampire from FF7.

+

THIS IS THE WAY THESE THREADS SHOULD BE DONE! 10/10. THANKS TO THE OP.

Majmun

It just saddens me that we haven't seen much gameplay footage for both games. SE did announce the games way too soon. And when we get to see something, it's month's old. : "(

duckroll said:

That's like getting a permban.

Defuser

You know something is wrong about FFXIII when VsXIII gets better attention from people lol.

I think it's because of Noctis and Stella scene is more entertaining.

Defuser said:
You know something is wrong about FFXIII when VsXIII gets better attention from people lol.

Looks like more in game scenes was shown than with FFXIII. Thats pretty much always a crowd pleaser.

Shadow780

I hope the Versus trailer described in this thread is the one they're going to included in the ACC release?
or with more contents yay~

Because words along made me fap~:lol

duckroll

I think the interest in Versus has to do with a bunch of different reasons, but also highlight why Nomura is the most bankable man in S-E right now:

- The setting is something actually unique for RPGs, instead of a fantasy or scifi world, it's set in a modern day looking setting with modern day skyscrapers, structures, clothing, vehicles, etc.

- Everything about the game is expensive and slick looking and very stylish. People like that, and it's a big reason why actors like Will Smith are so popular, and why mob movies can be very appealing to watch.

- It's an action RPG from the KH team. There's promise of using different sorts of weapons, lots of fast movement, zero teleporting, etc. ZoE might not have sold a ton, but it's fucking popular here on GAF.

- We know a lot less about it, both in gameplay and story. It might sound odd, but the less you know about something, the more exciting and appealing it could be because you make up lots of 'what if' possibilities in your own head.

- It's promised to be a PS3 exclusive, and to some people that actually matters for whatever unmentioned reasons. :lol

Shadow780

duckroll said:
There's promise of using different sorts of weapons, lots of fast movement, zero teleporting, etc. ZoE might not have sold a ton, but it's fucking popular here on GAF.

I was looking this.:D

Defuser said:

Right now I have more anticipation for FFXIII, its coming out sooner, and it is the main line ff...

but in some ways Versus interests me more...a darker tone, a more action packed battle system (I prefer this), a world map and airships...coupled with those graphics... I really can't wait to see how this shapes up

Majmun

nelsonroyale said:
Right now I have more anticipation for FFXIII, its coming out sooner, and it is the main line ff...

but in some ways Versus interests me more...a darker tone, a more action packed battle system (I prefer this), a world map and airships...coupled with those graphics... I really can't wait to see how this shapes up

What, Versus has a classic FF worldmap and airships?

Defuser

Second said:
What, Versus has a classic FF worldmap and airships?
Nomura stated that Versus will still retain the classic FF tradition of going around the worldmap and fighting in dungeons.etc Plus his team programmed and added a airship in it already.

I still hate the fact that we won't get to play the game after 2010 going by SE's usual nonsense.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Revelations said:
:mad: Wonder how many dudes he tricked at TGS. :lol
On the next 1up Yours, Shane Bettenhausen is bragging about the cute cosplayer that was giving him the sexy eyes all day.

Defuser said:
Nomura stated that Versus will still retain the classic FF tradition of going around the worldmap and fighting in dungeons.etc Plus his team programmed and added a airship in it already.

I just wish they would have a world map like DQ8...its the best world map ever...

I hope its not like in LO...that would be a major disappointment from me...when he said in that interview before when testing the airship the world map was so big he could barely tell where he was going... I though No! dont make it smaller, just add more stuff...I want this as epic as possible. Most of the time I wont stick with a game for over 30 hours or so, but ff is an exception...if the main quest was 90 hours I wouldnt complain, I would be pleased

Shadow780

Actually with both Hashimoto and Nomura on the team, I look forward to some high-level implementation of FFVII AC's incredible battle sequence into Versus.

Defuser

Shadow780 said:
Actually with both Hashimoto and Nomura on the team, I look forward to some high-level implementation of FFVII AC's incredible battle sequence into Versus.
Going by this rate,the only time you get to see it is 2010.

Majmun

Defuser said:

Awesome, finally. We only had to wait 11 years for a FF with a worldmap and airship.

duckroll

Shadow780 said:

What the fuck does Hashimoto have to do with the battles?

Shadow780

duckroll said:
What the fuck does Hashimoto have to do with the battles?

I really don't know, I just thought the producer is a safer title to credit the work.:lol

So who was in charge of the battle sequence?
Takeshi Nozue?

duckroll

Shadow780 said:
I really don't know, I just thought the producer is a safer title to credit the work.:lol

So who was in charge of the battle sequence?
Takeshi Nozue?

Who cares, FFVII AC sucks donkey cock. The Versus planning directors are Yuuichi Kanemori and Takayoshi Nakazato. :p

Johann

Defuser said:

I think it's similar to Robert Penn-Warren's All the King's Men in which the main character believes that he likes people and things he knows less about since becoming more familiar with something causes you to confront both their and your own short-comings. Okay, maybe that is a stretch.

Versus graphics and animation are probably better since it's an action game with more focused environments. Just compare Kingdom Hearts to the Final Fantasy games on the PS2.

Wilsongt

So, we'll see all of this new footage, when? March when the demo comes out, or even later? Descriptions were amazing, but nothing beats seeing it with your own eyes.

duckroll said:
Who cares, FFVII AC sucks donkey cock. The Versus planning directors are Yuuichi Kanemori and Takayoshi Nakazato. :p

Eh, I really enjoyed the fight scenes and visuals in AC, didnt really pay much attention to the story...there are much worse films out there...like spiderman, ironman and such crap

It's probably because Versus seems less like the standard fare, coupled with the fact that all the PS3 owners have turned their attention to Versus since it's exclusive.

Wilsongt said:
So, we'll see all of this new footage, when? March when the demo comes out, or even later? Descriptions were amazing, but nothing beats seeing it with your own eyes.
when the demo comes
unless the demos on the trailer are newer than these ones

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
Eh, I really enjoyed the fight scenes and visuals in AC, didnt really pay much attention to the story...there are much worse films out there...like spiderman, ironman and such crap

OMG THREAD DERAILED!

IRON MAN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFVII SHIT AC!

RpgN

Death_Born said:
It's probably because Versus seems less like the standard fare, coupled with the fact that all the PS3 owners have turned their attention to Versus since it's exclusive.

To me, it gives me a FFVIII vibe and that game is one of my favourite FF games. Real world settings with magic and fantasy should be done more often.

With FFXIII I kind of know what to expect in a good way. I like its more colourful world. Still I'm more intrigued by Versus. Noctis <3

duckroll said:
OMG THREAD DERAILED!

IRON MAN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFVII SHIT AC!

I haven't even seen the movie...but the trailer was one of the most embarrasing things Ive ever seen, and the design of the mech is trash....in the scale of shitty stories, visuals are what wins out to me and the visuals and art in AC

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... Ironspam

AC is another item on the neogaf bandwagon of hivemind exaggeration...

Top Bottom