• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS report

duckroll said:
Oh.... okay.

OT:

Ugh, I was hardly going to watch it after such a terrible trailer...I hate most of those kind of concepts (99% of superhero flicks besides batman and some 2000AD stuff)... (I know its a little unfair to write something off without seeing it, but Ive been hating the recent trend in holywood factory of spewing out all these superhero movies)

Yeah, I know its a cyborg, but even if the comic has been around for a while, transferring it to film, that design looks junk

Anyway, I wonder if SE will be willing to release the movies on PE3

TEJ

Not only is Iron Man one of the better superhero films out there, but he isn't a cyborg....is he? I thought that cyborgs were part human part robot, not a person in a robotic suit. Unless his special heart makes him count as a cyborg. In that case does that mean someone with a pacemaker a cyborg?

Correct me if I am wrong, someone who knows all about Iron Man. And pacemakers, and cyborgs too.

P.S. Go watch Iron Man.

Wow, thread is derailing I see. :lol
Autumn Thread said:
Yeah it's Amano stuff, new too. Was pretty cool.

Ifrit heals your points and Carbuncle deduces your enemies.
:D I was worried they would be reusing is old art of the summons. This is fantastic news.

TEJ said:
Not only is Iron Man one of the better superhero films out there, but he isn't a cyborg....is he? I thought that cyborgs were part human part robot, not a person in a robotic suit. Unless his special heart makes him count as a cyborg. In that case does that mean someone with a pacemaker a cyborg?

Correct me if I am wrong, someone who knows all about Iron Man. And pacemakers, and cyborgs too.

P.S. Go watch Iron Man.

sorry, I meant man in a robotic suit. Okay, appologies for the off topic. ill finish with iron man.

duckroll

AnimeTheme said:
It has been reported in another forum that someone heard the voice of Lightning from the leaked TGS trailer of FF13, and confirmed that the voice actress is 坂本真綾!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maaya_Sakamoto

No Japanese fan that watched the trailer said it was Maaya. This is a guess from 2ch based on fanboyism + Nomura's comment about the voice actress. It's pretty much in agreement from people that heard it, that it sounds nothing like Maaya.

duckroll said:
No Japanese fan that watched the trailer said it was Maaya. This is a guess from 2ch based on fanboyism + Nomura's comment about the voice actress. It's pretty much in agreement from people that heard it, that it sounds nothing like Maaya.

I don't know how much you know the Japanese Anime culture, but don't underestimate the ability of fanboys or otaku in their own field :lol When they actually heard it and said it did sound like Maaya, I think it is really highly likely. Of course, this is just speculation right now and nothing is for sure.

duckroll

AnimeTheme said:
I don't know how much you know the Japanese Anime culture, but don't underestimate the ability of fanboys or otaku in their own field :lol When they actually heard it and said it did sound like Maaya, I think it is really highly likely. Of course, this is just speculation right now and nothing is for sure.

Yes but I'm telling you that they said it is NOT Maaya. I've been following the blogs pretty closely. :p

duckroll said:
Yes but I'm telling you that they said it is NOT Maaya. I've been following the blogs pretty closely. :p

From the source that I heard, some people DID hear the leaked voice and they said it is Maaya. It is definitely not just a blind guess. I trusted him because he is the mod of another "GAF" forum, who has had close contacts with all kinds of Anime and Japanese game infos, and when he said it for sure, I see little reasons to doubt him. Of course, I am not surprised that other people may have other opinions after hearing it. We can only guess now.

duckroll

Error said:
Lightning to be voiced by Hirano Aya, 2ch explodesssssssssssss.

That's also spreading in 2ch. :p

But it's been debunked pretty badly. :)

Maaya's voice is pretty recognizable, so if it's true I would imagine it would be a lot more widespread than it is now. But it seems people aren't convinced that it's her, so I'm rather doubtful.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Hirano's voice is unfortunately pretty distinct as well. If one of those were heard, I wouldn't doubt that everyone would know by now.

icecream said:
Hirano's voice is unfortunately pretty distinct as well. If one of those were heard, I wouldn't doubt that everyone would know by now.

I wasn't so certain after hearing her voice acting in Lucky Star. Sometimes you just have to be amazed by the insane variety of voices coming from the same Japanese actor/actress.

duckroll

AnimeTheme said:
I wasn't so certain after hearing her voice acting in Lucky Star. Sometimes you just have to be amazed by the insane variety of voices coming from the same Japanese actor/actress.

Then clearly you don't know enough about Japanese Anime culture! *cough*

duckroll said:
Then clearly you don't know enough about Japanese Anime culture! *cough*

Perhaps :lol Seriously I am not really that familiar with the Japanese voice actress stuff, at least not to the level of being a fan of a certain seiyuu or all as a whole.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
OMG THREAD DERAILED!

IRON MAN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFVII SHIT AC!

duckroll translated: "Hey dude, slamming your junk in a car door is kinda stupid. Maybe punching yourself in the face would be a nice relaxing change of pace."

duckroll

ciaossu said:
I haven't played FFX yet and now I know who the final boss is from all of these Dissidia pictures. crap

Golbez isn't the final boss in FFIV, Garland isn't the final boss in FF1, and Kuja isn't the final boss in FFIX.

SOLDIER

Wasn't there supposed to be a new trailer for ACC too? If there was, and you saw it, could you describe any of the new scenes shown?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Did someone just say the Iron Man movie (one of the most loved by fans and non-fans alike, and most critically acclaimed movies of the year) sucks, based on the design of the suit (which he thinks is a mech) in the trailer, admitting he never saw the actual movie, as a response to "movies that suck more than Advent Children" (a movie which is shit on constantly by ... well, GAF)?

I've never seen something so stupid in my life. :lol

-Kh-

Banned
Error said:
Lightning to be voiced by Hirano Aya, 2ch explodesssssssssssss.

I am hoping for this.... w

OP was a great read, nice to see all the impressions from each game and booth, and I didn't think you could end up the post in a better way Autumn Thread when I was reading the Sony booth impressions, and then I saw that Corsair girl, and the Mithra Dancer, wow

Now that's awesome cosplay material for the OT

androvsky

AnimeTheme said:
From the source that I heard, some people DID hear the leaked voice and they said it is Maaya. It is definitely not just a blind guess. I trusted him because he is the mod of another "GAF" forum, who has had close contacts with all kinds of Anime and Japanese game infos, and when he said it for sure, I see little reasons to doubt him. Of course, I am not surprised that other people may have other opinions after hearing it. We can only guess now.

Hey duckroll, is wolve a mod here too?

/injoke

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I need the demo disc since yesterday :(

Also, VersusXIII had better come out soon after XIII >:| I want it so badly.

Thanks for the impressions, OP.

-Kh-

Banned
It will probably be a year after XIII comes out (And hopefully Agito will come out between them so the wait isn't too long).

Btw we still don't have any clues on what the other 3 projects in the Fabula Nova Crystalis series are? IIRC one of the other projects was called Haeresis right?

anaron

omg rite said:
Did someone just say the Iron Man movie (one of the most loved by fans and non-fans alike, and most critically acclaimed movies of the year) sucks, based on the design of the suit (which he thinks is a mech) in the trailer, admitting he never saw the actual movie, as a response to "movies that suck more than Advent Children" (a movie which is shit on constantly by ... well, GAF)?

I've never seen something so stupid in my life. :lol

I know!:lol

Anyways, thanks for the impressions Autumn! Fantastic job.:D

Shadow780

-Kh- said:
It will probably be a year after XIII comes out (And hopefully Agito will come out between them so the wait isn't too long).

Btw we still don't have any clues on what the other 3 projects in the Fabula Nova Crystalis series are? IIRC one of the other projects was called Haeresis right?

I'm thinking one for Wii, one for DS, and.....one MMO?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Kh- said:

Who knows. They have yet to even release the first game in the series :lol

-Kh- said:

Are they even going to? At the beginning I thought they will release like a shitton of FNC games, even more than the "announced 6"...we and SE can be happy if they manage to release at least one of them next year.

I'm pretty sure that at the time they also said the FNC could be 10 year project, although at this rate they were probably refering to the development time for XIII.

Rpgmonkey

Nice impressions.

I don't really even care about FFXIII trailers anymore, I want to actually try the game already. But I can do that in time.

Versus sounds fantastic and I can't wait to play it though. I don't mind trailers for this (yet) because it doesn't feel like the trailers get recycled as much at shows, plus I've hardly seen any of them in the first place...

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
any new dissidia trailers from tgs?

There's a new trailer in the theatre. I expect that it'll only go up on the official site after all the characters have been officially revealed in mags and added to the site, so maybe in about a month's time. Meanwhile maybe they'll add battle videos from the TGS demo.

duckroll said:
There's a new trailer in the theatre. I expect that it'll only go up on the official site after all the characters have been officially revealed in mags and added to the site, so maybe in about a month's time. Meanwhile maybe they'll add battle videos from the TGS demo.

Hmmm, didnt they release an actual demo at the event? Seems more gameplay vids should pup and we can finally get some in depth opinions on the battle system... honestly, this type of game seems an excellent fit for the portable format

Kagari said:
Who knows. They have yet to even release the first game in the series :lol

Nomura claims Versus is nowhere near being complete. Bascially, most of their energy is focused on other games before they begin heavily working on Versus. Sounds like its about two to three years from now before we see it in the US.

Top Bottom