• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to spend less on development/more on marketing, planning E3 presentation

The "no ports or sequels" part of FNC is so hilarious looking back.

Lol I can't believe everyone forgot they said that until I tweeted out the 2006 video last year. Everyone was like, "What?!? They said that?". Lol.

You look back and think to yourself "where did it all go so wrong". Then we remember Crystal Tools, Final Fantasy XIII and the continuing disappointment of them not talking at all about Versus. After a while it just became a self fulfilling prophecy. It's like they don't know how to impress us or get us excited.

Square Enix is literally at the end of their rope with a lot of fans.

I don't see Square Enix making it out of this generation without being bought or going bankrupt. I really don't see how they're going to recover especially with FF15 about to flop and be a huge waste of development resources for the last 2-3 years.

RedAssedApe

Banned
This is going to be like those summer "blockbuster" movies where they spend more money on advertising than on the movie itself and then wonder why no one watched their shitty movie.

ymmv

Banned
I don't see Square Enix making it out of this generation without being bought or going bankrupt. I really don't see how they're going to recover especially with FF15 about to flop and be a huge waste of development resources for the last 2-3 years.

I just hope that Eidos survives ... SE seems to be sliding to the edge of a cliff and almost eager to plunge into the abyss judging by their braindead decisions, the number of mismanaged projects and their inability to create games people actually want to buy.

6zqTLwI.jpg

Indeed. Their projections for the future are nothing but wishful thinking.

luca1980

Banned
Dragon quest 11 3ds.
Ff7 ps4 remaster.
Saved.

Vashetti

Banned
They talk about the benefits and profits of smartphone gaming and yet they fail to offer all that they can digitally.

Why aren't Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 ... at least on the PS Store as PS2 classics?

Obviously the HD remasters are coming for some of them, but it seems like easy money for them to sell old titles that people would clearly buy.

I'd certainly pick up some of them for the convenience of running them on the PS3, even with seemingly no BC compatibility.

They talk about the benefits and profits of smartphone gaming and yet they fail to offer all that they can digitally.

Why aren't Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 ... at least on the PS Store as PS2 classics?

Obviously the HD remasters are coming for some of them, but it seems like easy money for them to sell old titles that people would clearly buy.

I'd certainly pick up some of them for the convenience of running them on the PS3, even with seemingly no BC compatibility.

FF X and X-2 are being HD remastered and none of the KH games are made available digitally for whatever reason.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Why do that when we can make HD remasters yo! lolololol.

Top Bottom