• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's E3 2012 Lineup

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda sorta interested in Quantum Conundrum. Tomb Raider to a lesser extent.

If FF Dimensions was on WP7 I'd probably check that out. But nothing is on WP7.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow, 3DS and iOS...

Way to go SE, this will be a sleeper.... What happened to the RPG machine you once were? Can we just call you SEdios now? Much better for your console titles or lack there of.... What a waste.

I'm pretty much going to call them Square-Eidos from now on. It's a better fit for their name. Does Enix even provide anything of value anymore other than the occasional Dragon Quest game? They're not worthy of being in the company name anymore with Eidos bringing the heat.

DieH@rd said:
Still no Thief and Legacy of Kain reboot.

I would bank on Thief being there. It would be bad if it doesn't show up at all.

Sentenza

Where's Thief 4? Goddamnit.

Let's hope in Tomb Raider, cause Hitman surely isn't inspiring confidence so far.

The World Ends With You Too is obviously missing because it's going to be a surprise announcement at Nintendo's conference as a Wii U launch title.

Go_Ly_Dow

They wouldn't list Versus, Type-0 and FFX HD. Media for all 3 is sparse or non-existent in NA and EU, so they would get full blown surprise reveals.

Cornbread78

Yeah, the Eidos lineup is fine, though I imagine even that's bare to what they would've shown off years ago. Then again if the "extra stuff" was going to be the likes of 25 to life this is very much a case of SE filing Eidos down to a strong core.

I think they actuallys aid theyw anted to distance themselves from the image of being "the RPG company", though maybe that's just JRPGs. Still, it's something they were pretty good at, and it's a shame a stronger western focus didn't result in something more along the lines of Secret of Evermore.

To me the below quote is exactly my personnal problem with their direction:

Anyway, I'm loving SE's western output. It's their only real redeeming factor for me. I'm interested in Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider.

They took two of the best and most accomplished jRPG companies on the planet, put them together and no longer make jRPGs. Everything they have been doing this gen is to appeal to a Western audiance IMO. Seriously, I used to buy almost every jRPG they made, just because it was made by Square or Enix... now it's a joke... Even their niche' games like Radiata Stories were great plays. It's really sad to see when people still want jRPGs, even in a "ADD" society..

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think they actuallys aid theyw anted to distance themselves from the image of being "the RPG company", though maybe that's just JRPGs. Still, it's something they were pretty good at, and it's a shame a stronger western focus didn't result in something more along the lines of Secret of Evermore.

It's sad because SE will forever be branded as a JRPG company in people's eyes (even if they did acquire Eidos, people usually see Eidos as a separate entity). Square Enix' attempts of non-JRPGs were mostly failures and/or had little-to-no fans (Mindjack, Front Mission: Evolved, the cancelled Gunloco). Dunno if Dissidia counts though.

I reckon this list may be not complete after all.

For a start Dragon quest X is missing, and I know Wii's version is likely not to come out of Japan, still I would expect at least a short trailer, since it's due to release in a few months iirc.

Foffy

Banned
I suppose this list may be not complete.

Dragon quest X is missing, and I know Wii's version is likely not to come out of Japan, still I would expect at least a short trailer, since it's due to release in a few months iirc.

At this E3? If anything they're going to show the Wii U version at E3, and that sure as hell isn't going to be this year. That would mute out any hype there is for the Wii version right now, for Japan at least.

Omikaru

I see no Wii U games, and no PS Vita games either. Do we think Nintendo and Sony respectively have asked these companies to hold their announcements back for the press conferences?

Either that or Wii U and Vita am doomed, of course.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Versus isn't going to be there.

Actually, most of the Japanese staff won't be, not even Hashimoto this year.

Versus is vaporware.

Still enough to get me over. More Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider can't be a bad thing, and hopefully we get a Hitman stage demo.

Wow, 3DS and iOS...

Way to go SE, this will be a sleeper.... What happened to the RPG machine you once were? Can we just call you SEdios now? Much better for your console titles or lack there of.... What a waste.

To me the below quote is exactly my personnal problem with their direction:

They took two of the best and most accomplished jRPG companies on the planet, put them together and no longer make jRPGs. Everything they have been doing this gen is to appeal to a Western audiance IMO. Seriously, I used to buy almost every jRPG they made, just because it was made by Square or Enix... now it's a joke... Even their niche' games like Radiata Stories were great plays. It's really sad to see when people still want jRPGs, even in a "ADD" society..

I think it's blatantly obvious now that SE still makes JRPGs, they simply lack the talent, resources, or management to successfully make a string of HD console RPGs.

Their 2D and handheld stuff uses SNES to PS2 level resources, and by and large those games are still very good.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I reckon this list may be not complete after all.

For a start Dragon quest X is missing, and I know Wii's version is likely not to come out of Japan, still I would expect at least a short trailer, since it's due to release in a few months iirc.

If Nintendo's DQ distribution deal is still in place then any DQ-related stuff will be part of Nintendo's announcements.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Versus isn't going to be there.

Actually, most of the Japanese staff won't be, not even Hashimoto this year.

Pls do them an interview and mention how come Square Enix is distancing from JRPGs when they're almost purely known for that.

You wish. They can't even get FF X HD out. It's been over a year since they announced it.

They did the old 'let's announce it after drawing some cool designs for it and actually we've got shit all else to show for it' like they did with XIII/Versus XIII and their CG trailers back when most of us were still in full time education

Instead of being sane and revealing it X months before release like everyone else

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bravely Default(3DS) and Type-0 (Vita) better be there.

mclem

Interested in Thief which was probably left off for a "surprise" at someone's show, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs.
To be fair, I was expecting Sleeping Dogs to be the sort of title which was left off to be a surprise at an E3 show. Thief strikes me as a little low-key for E3, wonderful though the series is.

Very curious about the lack of FFXHD, although that might be left off due to intending to show it off at Sony's show; I thought it'd be the figurehead of the next wave of Vita content.

Gravijah

Touch, because I'm usually out & about if I'm playing 'em.

I am picking up an iCade though as I've found myself playing more and more at home.

Best portable shooter machine ever.

i'm hoping the iCade Mobile turns out nice, i'm planning on picking one up whenever it finally releases.

Haunted

More like Eidos' E3 lineup featuring S-E's phone division.

A pretty bad look for Square-Enix Japan, how the mighty have fallen. Wait for TGS?

Wortany

No news yet on releasing the iOS games for android?
Cause I'm kinda bummed for all the releases that iOS is getting and not being able to find anything on Google Play.
Except for Crystal Defenders.....whoopdeedoo -_-

@MUWANdo

Banned
No news yet on releasing the iOS games for android?
Cause I'm kinda bummed for all the releases that iOS is getting and not being able to find anything on Google Play.
Except for Crystal Defenders.....whoopdeedoo -_-

GUARDIAN CROSS™
Platform: iOS, Android
Available: July (iOS), TBD (Android)
A creature-based card game that features a fully unique battle system in which players take on the role of "tamers" who capture, raise, and control powerful beasts known as "Guardians." In addition to quests to unlock the secret of why the Guardians have woken after a millennium of slumber, other features include a coliseum system that allows players to challenge other tamers from around the world in head-to-head combat

DEMONS' SCORE™
Platform: iOS, Android
Available: Summer
Demons' Score is a breakbeat action game that seamlessly fuses music and battles. The Unreal Engine 3 is used to deliver thrilling touch-based gameplay through a mind-blowing fusion of stunning graphics and music created by hit songwriters.

FINAL FANTASY® DIMENSIONS™
Platform: iOS, Andriod
Drawing upon the roots of the series with such features as beautiful 2D pixel art, job-driven character growth, additional scenarios in which to inherit the jobs of your adventuring companions, and a classic story of light, darkness, and crystals, FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS delivers the best of FINAL FANTASY, retro and fresh alike, directly to your smartphone.

KooZac™
Platforms: iOS, Android
KooZac, the award-winning number puzzler is coming to iOS and Android. Previously released online, the game has been played over 15 million times across 135 countries. KooZac offers three ways to play with the overall objective of positioning the falling blocks on top of each other to make a target number.

Motley Blocks™
Motley Blocks is a fast-paced, 3D puzzle game. Drag your finger across the screen to connect blocks of the same color as they rotate in a cyclonic pattern. Release your touch to send the blocks to the center of the cyclone and reveal a fun image. Use power-ups to help complete harder levels. In addition to solving puzzles, make your own in the level creator and share them with friends!

Qwirkle™
Qwirkle is a matching game requiring tactical maneuvers and well-planned strategy. Earn points by building rows and columns of tiles that share a common shape or color. Use power-ups and add an additional layer of strategy to the game! Play with multiple friends asynchronously in classic or arcade modes.

SolaRola™
SolaRola stars Wiz and Waz, the game's blob-like gung-ho duo, tasked with bouncing across a number of challenging planets with the ultimate aim of saving the galaxy. Using whatever comes to hand, the daring pairing must thwart the plans of their nemesis, Ping the Unmerciless who has kidnapped the six guardians of SolaRola's universe. With each planet inhabited by all manner of enemies and hazards, the player must navigate Wiz and Waz across a number of ill-positioned obstacles including rocks, slime, bombs and trampolines.

Derrick01

Banned
To be fair, I was expecting Sleeping Dogs to be the sort of title which was left off to be a surprise at an E3 show. Thief strikes me as a little low-key for E3, wonderful though the series is.

Very curious about the lack of FFXHD, although that might be left off due to intending to show it off at Sony's show; I thought it'd be the figurehead of the next wave of Vita content.

Sleeping Dogs just got a 5 minute in depth gameplay trailer and it's been previewed a bit already. There's not much of a surprise left there. We still haven't seen anything tangible of Thief yet and it could be set up well in a demo.

I'm just worried they'll go the Absolution route with it. It's terrifying to think of the possibility.

bubnbob

Banned
Kinda sorta interested in Quantum Conundrum. Tomb Raider to a lesser extent.

If FF Dimensions was on WP7 I'd probably check that out. But nothing is on WP7.

Xbox360Achievements posted achievements for "Final Fantasy" for WP7. Probably just the FF1 game going around, but it's a start. With achievements!

Top Bottom