• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX: Deadly Descents - 2011 - Trailer - [Update: Website & Description]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamwriter said:
Here's the thing - with the SSX3 trailer, without seeing the name, you still know it's SSX. It's obvious. Watch this one -if we didn't know it was called SSX, nobody would have thought it was related in any way.
Yeah maybe. I don't necessarily agree with everyone that that's such a bad thing though.

It doesn't even really look like a snowboarding game; take out "SSX" and your preconceived notions of what that means, and it could very well be a military game that just happens to take place high up in the mountains.
Well except you see a guy snowboarding. Also there are no guns.

jonnybryce said:
Style, not the fact that there's a snowboard under his feet. Look with your eyes and tell me it looks distinct or has any personality.
I think it looks distinct and has personality. Especially the trailer.

Aaron said:
The series that lost sales when it went in a focus-tested nu-metal direction?

Actually, The Warrior Within sold noticeably better overall than Sands of Time but pretty much choked out the brand equity on the franchise for future releases.

Fantastical said:
No. Call of Duty: Snowboarding Edition is not new and creative. Creative would actually be doing what SSX already did because there is a complete lack of this this generation on the HD platforms.

Well, for one, Call of Duty Snowboarding would in fact be quite new. But hey, that "SSX COD" thing has been created by message board dwellers, not EA. EA is apparently making an extreme snowboarding game that is about conquering lethal mountain ranges, and there are wingsuits. That is pretty damned fresh, and miles more creative of an idea than just retreading old ground.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AltogetherAndrews said:
Well, for one, Call of Duty Snowboarding would in fact be quite new. But hey, that "SSX COD" thing has been created by message board dwellers, not EA. EA is apparently making an extreme snowboarding game that is about conquering lethal mountain ranges, and there are wingsuits. That is pretty damned fresh, and miles more creative of an idea than just retreading old ground.
Ugh, god whatever. Agree to disagree.

And that EGM article has some interesting stuff, but also some stuff that I'm scared about. Need to see some footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom