• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Demo: Feburary 21; (Euro PSN) February 22 [Up On Xbox Live/PSN]

Xav

Played the demo on Xbox and didn't really like it, I think it's the type of game that won't click with me until I put a few hours into the retail version but I couldn't help but get a bad vibe from it. It's SSX in that it checks off most things you'd expect from a SSX game but something about it feels off.
The choice to run the game at 30FPS is a stupid one, the animation in particular suffers badly from it and it's just not the same without that trademark 60FPS.
I might have to pop in SSX 3 on the PS2 to see if it's still as great as I remember it being.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Played the demo on Xbox and didn't really like it, I think it's the type of game that won't click with me until I put a few hours into the retail version but I couldn't help but get a bad vibe from it. It's SSX in that it checks off most things you'd expect from a SSX game but something about it feels off.
The choice to run the game at 30FPS is a stupid one, the animation in particular suffers badly from it and it's just not the same without that trademark 60FPS.
I might have to pop in SSX 3 on the PS2 to see if it's still as great as I remember it being.

SSX 3 holds up insanely well. I played it 2 days ago and sooo smooth.

MercuryLS

Banned
Has the PSN demo gone up yet? Also while the demo is damn smooth I did see some instances of extreme slowdown. Hopefully that's not there in the final.

Xav

Yeah the only thing that bugged me about it is that I had to play it on a 4:3 television, and reduced vision on the sides is a bummer. Did it support widescreen?

Yup totally supports widescreen, even supports DTS surround sound and is THX approved if I remember correctly.

Here's a video of somebody on Merq getting 1:58.63 on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29gqZQaL_gw&feature=player_embedded

Not in the demo. But the full game you can.

In a Global Event, you will always see the ghost of the person at the top of the leaderboard, in addition to LIVE ghosts of other riders.

In Explore, you'll always see the Medal Ghosts as well as a ghost of the person that's right above you on your friend's leaderboard. I'm not sure if you see any other ghosts...

ScOULaris

Man, this is going to be an amazing game for posting speed runs of different tracks. I look forward to some of the better Japanese players sharing their runs. ;)

Still not up on PSN? I'm getting antsy here.

JambiBum

Here's a video of somebody on Merq getting 1:58.63 on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29gqZQaL_gw&feature=player_embedded

In a Global Event, you will always see the ghost of the person at the top of the leaderboard, in addition to LIVE ghosts of other riders.

In Explore, you'll always see the Medal Ghosts as well as a ghost of the person that's right above you on your friend's leaderboard. I'm not sure if you see any other ghosts...

That run was insane >.<

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How do I unlock the other modes on Whitehorn Mountain? I got Silver on the JT2 Race it but nothing unlocked :/

JaseMath

Christ...what is the PSN hold up? Now that it's after school/work hours, everyone is going to be hitting the servers trying to DL at the same time. The DL speeds are going to be painfully sloooooooow.

iamcenok

After playing quite a bit, I really dislike the rewind feature (even accidently pressing it sometimes). I'd rather restart than rewind.

Only cool thing about it is if you tap it you go into slow mo.

Jaguar

So I just lost my best time on the race for some reason. Old best was 2:05 then I got 1:58. Turned off the demo and I just turned it back on and it's now back to 2:05. Anyone know what's up?

It should be unlocked from the start. You just have to scroll over to New Zealand. I don't think it was immediately apparent in the demo.

Thanks. They certainly don't make that event easy to find. Even after you told me it took some effort to find it.

Why am I not surprised to find I can't truly play the game like I used to on the PS2? Sure, I can use the shoulder buttons, but I am not given the option to turn off the d-pad for tricks. This was always an option on the old games, and it was the only way I played.

I just don't understand why they chose to rework the controls. They were never in need of "fixing". Just like the franchise's tone, which they foolishly thought needed to be reworked early on. If it ain't broke don't go screwing it up.

who is grace chen? seen a few people mention this name already. what is going on.

Secret unlockable character in the demo. To unlock her you need to beat Batty's score of 35M on Bulldog.

JK, she is the lady responsible for updating the PS Store, thus making the demo available to PS3 players.

Does anybody else have that "Focus on Your Ability" song stuck in their head? I haven't played the demo in almost 6 hours and the main melody of it has been in my head the ENTIRE time.

jkoch

Secret unlockable character in the demo. To unlock her you need to beat Batty's score of 35M on Bulldog.

JK, she is the lady responsible for updating the PS Store, thus making the demo available to PS3 players.

Does anybody else have that "Focus on Your Ability" song stuck in their head? I haven't played the demo in almost 6 hours and the main melody of it has been in my head the ENTIRE time.

LOL, but seriously come on Grace Chen.

Top Bottom