• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront - Developer Diary #1 video (GAME series)

Skyzard

Banned
Sorry to bring the negativity - it just doesn't seem possible. It's maybe a bit of a step down from the trailer, but the shadows are still crazy. How would that be possible in split screen no less.

PC version does not have split-screen.

With SLI Titan Xs I can see it.

Otherwise I'd have to agree with the other guy when he says other companies should just give up now, or get their engines up to speed fast.

lefox360

Banned
Sem_T_tulo.jpg

are these guys giants, or is that girl small. i like small girls.

16BitNova

I'd have to believe that Naughty Dog doesn't know what they're doing if DICE can pull this off, on PS4 (along with XBONE and PC), at 60fps. Heck, I'd have to believe that Kojima Productions have lost all their technical capability.

Can't do it.

Different developers, different engines, games at different points of their development, different games. I'm optimistic. Sure there may be some downgrade, but I think we'll look back at these shots and be satisfied with what got. Only ones who will probably be able to tell the difference are people who will overly analyze. Like "oh slightly less grass here" or "oh that Stormtrooper outfit is missing a scratch on its texture"

PHOTOGRAMMETRY

This word is the key to the universe here. It's why it looks the way it does and how it's possible while running smoothly. Go play The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to get a representation of just how good it can look and run. For more details, see this link.

http://www.theastronauts.com/2014/03/visual-revolution-vanishing-ethan-carter/

The game WILL look this good. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter has already proven this technology. Done. Deal.

i loved the vanishing of ethan carter, but it´s a pretty, pretty different game, in Ethan Carter you walk through a beatiful world in wich nothing happens, well something happens, but not in the scale that this is purported to be, i have no doubts that the game will look good, but i don´t think it will even look as good as the vanishing of ethan carter

Enthus

It bothers me that they are using the ROTJ Stormtrooper for all of the maps, but whatever. I can nitpick for days regarding costumes in Star Wars.

In BF4s first Campaign Mission there is some very impressive little forest that reminds me of this Battlefront forest. I dont think that this impossible.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
premium is a good deeeeeeaaaaaal i know ill be getting the starwars version of it day one

Are we sure there will be a premium edition? because i find it weird that you can now pre-order the standard and deluxe edition.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Are we sure there will be a premium edition? because i find it weird that you can now pre-order the standard and deluxe edition.

already have deluxe preorder on origin :p but im sure they will have the premium equivalent for the game as well that typically comes out a little after launch lets see if we get any news on it during e3

nib95

Banned
If it looks anything like that...wow. My mind is all sorts of blown right now. This could either end up being a huge downgradathon or graphical departure, or it could be the first multiplatform game that really stands toe to toe, or better with the first party stuff.

Enthus

The Stormtrooper armor varies between movies? I had no idea.

Yep. They vary within the movies, too, based on whether it was a "hero"(close-up) or "stunt"(background) suit.

The biggest tell that this is a ROTJ based Stormtrooper is the frown being painted black and outside of the grooves, and the armor having lips on all the edges instead of just ending.

Sorry to bring the negativity - it just doesn't seem possible. It's maybe a bit of a step down from the trailer, but the shadows are still crazy. How would that be possible in split screen no less.

PC version does not have split-screen.

With SLI Titan Xs I can see it.

Otherwise I'd have to agree with the other guy when he says other companies should just give up now, or get their engines up to speed fast.

Is the no PC split-screen confirmed, or just what you think? If it is looks like I'll have to get a PS4 or Xbox One and wait for a used copy of the game.

Tubie

What they've shown is so far beyond what I thought the PS4 could do (graphics wise), that even if there is a considerable downgrade the game might still end up being the best looking PS4 game released to date.

Nabbis

That X-wing Gif is basically what i foresee the game actually looking. With a shitton lensflare effects that is.

i like how they are taking pics of death star up close, even though it is now confirmed there are no space battles in this game. what a bunch clowns!

and is it just me or do most of the maps look very uninspiring? generic desert, generic forest, generic snow map and a generic lava map

lol

Who says we don't fight in the Death Star?

Popsickles

Am I the only person who saw the disclaimer at the end. Frostbyte Game Engine footage. Not Actual Gameplay. If anyone thinks it will look remotely like any of the Bullshots is crazy. Have we not been burned enough already.

Mullah88

Relax this is probably just when you zoom in to aim better.

Hopefully, I certainly don't want it perma locked behind the shoulder. I love how MGS4 handled movement and aiming. I think that is the perfect way to implement combat in this.

So no hip firing, I must hit L2 before I can fire? That's even worse! I want to be able to hip fire, now if i want to fine tune my shots (which I know will slow the character down), I can hit L2 to aim.

NeXuSDK

PHOTOGRAMMETRY

This word is the key to the universe here. It's why it looks the way it does and how it's possible while running smoothly. Go play The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to get a representation of just how good it can look and run. For more details, see this link.

http://www.theastronauts.com/2014/03/visual-revolution-vanishing-ethan-carter/

The game WILL look this good. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter has already proven this technology. Done. Deal.

Don't forget about PBR!

Also makes a substantial visual difference.

Top Bottom