• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront - Developer Diary #1 video (GAME series)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So no hip firing, I must hit L2 before I can fire? That's even worse! I want to be able to hip fire, now if i want to fine tune my shots (which I know will slow the character down), I can hit L2 to aim.

Maybe NeXuSDK can say more about that, how 3rd person mode actually works. Can you zoom in? or will it be more like an over the shoulder view?

Am I the only person who saw the disclaimer at the end. Frostbyte Game Engine footage. Not Actual Gameplay. If anyone thinks it will look remotely like any of the Bullshots is crazy. Have we not been burned enough already.

I don't think it would be that far off even if it was bullshotted.

Doesn't look that different from The Forest, which was developed by 4 guys.

NeXuSDK

Maybe NeXuSDK can say more about that, how 3rd person mode actually works. Can you zoom in? or will it be more like an over the shoulder view?

I... I honestly don't know. Probably couldn't say either, but I'm a 1P player myself, so don't know all the nitty gritty details of our 3P view :)

There was very little development in that development diary.

50% was rehashed from the E3 2014 video
30% was footage from the trailer we just saw

Shots of developers actually doing development are use the same rotating 'light stage' previews superimposed over monitors again.

But we saw a 1st+3rd person screenshot, and x wing, some environment shots, so EA thinks it's all good.

Now this is a dev diary.

injurai

Banned
So no hip firing, I must hit L2 before I can fire? That's even worse! I want to be able to hip fire, now if i want to fine tune my shots (which I know will slow the character down), I can hit L2 to aim.

That's a bit reactionary. I obviously am talking about the camera. Actually a better example would probably how Ratchet & Clank Future is handled. That is pretty much a perfect 1:1 mapping of what I would want to see in Battlefront.

Mullah88

That's a bit reactionary. I obviously am talking about the camera. Actually a better example would probably how Ratchet & Clank Future is handled. That is pretty much a perfect 1:1 mapping of what I would want to see in Battlefront.

The way I see this going, the camera will be slightly offset from the players back. You can't shoot unless you ADS and that will then directly place the camera over the shoulder.

I... I honestly don't know. Probably couldn't say either, but I'm a 1P player myself, so don't know all the nitty gritty details of our 3P view :)

Are there iron sights at all in first person [not scoped, ie holo / acog / reflex / red dot], and will there be a hardcore mode? Thats all I really need to know. Moneys already spent.

It's all well and nice that you went to the original filming locations of Tatooine, Hoth and Endor, but did you need to do that to get a feel for Hoth for example. I'm so disappointed we won't get to play with our other favourite Star Wars locations, like Dagobah, Bespin, Yavin, the Death Star or the Rebel Blockade Runner. Instead we just get Iceland and a second Tatooine as free DLC.

dogen

I'd have to believe that Naughty Dog doesn't know what they're doing if DICE can pull this off, on PS4 (along with XBONE and PC), at 60fps. Heck, I'd have to believe that Kojima Productions have lost all their technical capability.

Can't do it.

We don't know for sure if battlefront will look 100% like that, but MGS5 is a first gen ps4/xb1 game, and cross gen, which might limit how much they can push the newer hardware. and we don't know how U4 will end up looking, they still have a year to work on it.

BokehKing

Banned
Meh.

Don't get the fuss. Looks nice, but that's it. Really want to see gameplay, but it's not forthcoming. Really disappointed DICE hasn't shown any of that yet (and seemingly won't until E3) and instead opting to in-engine cinematic footage.
You never see game play first trailer... Never

Gears, COD, Halo, ect ect

Skyzard

Banned
Is the no PC split-screen confirmed, or just what you think? If it is looks like I'll have to get a PS4 or Xbox One and wait for a used copy of the game.

Confirmed.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefronts-max-player-count-tops-out-at-40/

Battlefront will also feature a handful of missions recreating famous moments from the films. Mcleod calls the missions “bite-size, smaller, more intimate battles that you can play single-player on your own, or you can play cooperatively with a friend.” The PS4 and Xbox One versions of Battlefront will allow for the missions to be played two-player splitscreen or online; Mcleod told me the splitscreen option will not be available in the PC version.

Top Bottom