• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront - EPISODE VII's Jakku Gameplay Video

Respawn

Banned
Insane
pXwEZXa.gif
Holy Moly

Cels

damn this looks so sick.

my first impression of the UI is largely negative but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

DOWN

Banned
damn this looks so sick.

my first impression of the UI is largely negative but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

No, you are right there. It's a very intrusive UI that kills a lot of the crisp and clean look from the trailers. Hope it gets refined and minimized. Plus, I'd love it if they have a transparency slider for it like they do in Battlefield.

Quotient

The explosions looked fantastic. I am really skeptically that was a PS4, though if it is, the PC version at 4k will look mind-blowing!

DOWN

Banned
The explosions looked fantastic. I am really skeptically that was a PS4, though if it is, the PC version at 4k will look mind-blowing!

There was a disclaimer at the start stating it was PS4. That means it was PS4 (you can be skeptical about it staying that quality if you want, but the disclaimer is legally binding for the demonstration so no more of that 'if it really was' necessary).

Quotient

There was a disclaimer at the start stating it was PS4. That means it was PS4 (you can be skeptical about it staying that quality if you want, but the disclaimer is legally binding for the demonstration so no more of that 'if it really was' necessary).

I saw the disclaimer, you are right in that EA & Sony would receive gigantic backlash from the media and fans if it turns out to be false. Perhaps this this is a reflection of the quality of PS4 (& Xbox one) games now that developers have had a 18 months of experience under their belt (including the SDK's having time to mature).

DOWN

Banned
I saw the disclaimer, you are right in that EA & Sony would receive gigantic backlash from the media and fans if it turns out to be false. Perhaps this this is a reflection of the quality of PS4 (& Xbox one) games now that developers have had a 18 months of experience under their belt (including the SDK's having time to mature).

It's going gold in ~4 months. They likely know very well how Frostbite will really look for this game. It's gonna be beautiful.

Not

Banned
If this is Jakku, why da fudge did it have old Stormtrooper designs?

ED: Wait is it because it takes place right after the battle of Endor? That's why there are Star Destroyer ruins 30 years later?

DOWN

Banned
If this is Jakku, why da fudge did it have old Stormtrooper designs?

This isn't a campaign anyway. The character and equipment types aren't blocked from appearing on the maps just because the map design is from a different time. That would suck.

Quotient

It's going gold in ~4 months. They likely know very well how Frostbite will really look for this game. It's gonna be beautiful.

If it looks that good on PS4, i can't imagine what it will look like on a PC running at 60 FPS with ultra settings!

I'm not a good judge of framerate from a youtube video - anyone have a guess what the framerate was?

If it looks this good on PS4, imagine how it's gonna look on PC..

Can't wait to witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.

Jobbs

Banned
This looks so much better than the hoth footage they showed in EA's conference.

I'm speculating that, ironically, they were showing the PC version at Sony's conference. Nothing else explains why it looks so much better here than at EA's. The justification is that they never explicitly said it was running on a PS4, whereas at EA's conference, they did say that, and they probably said that as part of a deal with Sony.

That is NOT Jakku., it's Tattooine. You can clearly see the two suns at several spots in the clip as well as Tusken Raider huts.

julrik

Do we know what the resolution will be? Tidux said a couple of months ago that the PS4 had a higher resolution. It can't possibly be 720p on XO and 900p on PS4, can it? That would be a little disappointing..

Do we know what the resolution will be? Tidux said a couple of months ago that the PS4 had a higher resolution. It can't possibly be 720p on XO and 900p on PS4, can it? That would be a little disappointing..

The PS4 footage definitely wasn't 1080p native, at least it didn't look it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game has a really exciting, visceral feeling, and it's fucking Star Wars, but the action honestly looks pretty bland.

It just clicked with me as to why I'm looking forward to the game so much.

It's the sound effects. All the little star wars sound effects are getting me hyped.

iratA

Those graphics are blowing my mind. It looks amazing.

Agreed. I can see this game winning many 'Game Of Show' type awards. This + TLG, FF7, Shenmue and No man's Sky made this E3 one to remember. Oh and UC4 when the demo finally got going it was pretty special too.

Where are the people who said they would not buy DICE games day one? Are they not visiting this thread or have the all converted so easily?

v1lla21

They captured the explosions so well along with the stormtrooper animations and mannerisms. Holy fuck, this game is incredible.

Holy hell, that's what it looks on PS4? That's...just insane.

Did they ever confirm framerate?

This is definitely getting bought day 1 either way it goes, though.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I wish they made a real single player game with this engine. The multiplayer looks good, but these short offline missions doesn`t look all that impressive.

DOWN

Banned
The effects didn't look like the other video, including explosions.
Yeah I'm now wondering if this is one of those misleading scenarios and I'm mistaken in thinking it was PS4. The Sony exec says they were wowed by what DICE made happen on PS4 and that the guy from DICE would tell us more, then they proceed with the video (which doesn't actually have a PS4 notation embedded) and the prompts are PS4 buttons, but the image is just cleaner than the Hoth demo.

Top Bottom